MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

Larry Nassar, the disgraced sports doctor who was convicted of sexually abusing female gymnasts, was stabbed multiple times during an altercation with another inmate at a federal prison in Florida, a prison union leader said Monday.

Nassar, 59, was stabbed twice in the neck, twice in the back and six times in the chest, and also suffered a collapsed lung in the Sunday attack, said Joe Rojas, president of Local 506, which represents employees at the Federal Correctional Complex Coleman in Central Florida.

Rojas, who said he verified the information with staff on duty, said Nassar was in stable condition...

Disgraced sports doctor Larry Nassar is recovering after being stabbed multiple times at a federal prison in Florida, according to reports.

An unidentified source told The Associated Press that Nassar was stabbed Sunday during an altercation at United States Penitentiary Coleman in Florida. Another inmate stabbed him in the neck, the back and the chest, leaving him with a collapsed lung, NBC News reported, citing Joe Rojas, president of the union that represents employees at the prison.

I don't think any of us will shed a tear for Mr. Nasser. But still, I find it unacceptable that our government can't run prisons any better than this.
Wears a big target, thru fault of his own. May his neck always be crinked from watching his own back.

I don't see how we can protect them all from everything. Look at watts in a very protected prison though not federal. After years of enjoying private prison accommodations In a pod with other child murderers, pedophiles and gang members who know it's 2 strikes and out they go to a real prison and real general population. I can't spend too much time worrying about the health of these ppl. Jmo

I agree with you PrairieWild. Nassar deserves everything he gets but there is no reason that the government can't do something about the garabage that goes on in prison.

I don't think any of us will shed a tear for Mr. Nasser. But still, I find it unacceptable that our government can't run prisons any better than this.

This. I think those who enjoy the idea of prisons being some sort of apocalyptic hellscape might feel feel differently if they had a wrongfully-convicted loved one.

(For myself, I just need society protected from offenders; I don't need the offenders to be tortured.)

This. I think those who enjoy the idea of prisons being some sort of apocalyptic hellscape might feel feel differently if they had a wrongfully-convicted loved one.

(For myself, I just need society protected from offenders; I don't need the offenders to be tortured.)
Nor did anyone here say he should be tortured. For myself, I'm glad it wasn't my young teen daughter, who upon her first visit to the official sports doc regarding a sprained leg muscle, or other non gynecological sports injury, felt him stick fingers in her, press down with the other hand to feel her up....her insides.....and get himself off, saying his manual manipulation was a "treatment", the word he used. Maybe if I had been parent of one of those girls, I really would hope he gets some similar treatment, but I'm not one of those Moms/Dads to 156 young female victims who got the "treatment". Would that be torture? I'd say it clearly was for so many of his pubescent/teen victims.

imo

Last edited:
Larry Nassar, the disgraced sports doctor who was convicted of sexually abusing female gymnasts, was stabbed multiple times during an altercation with another inmate at a federal prison in Florida, a prison union leader said Monday.

Nassar, 59, was stabbed twice in the neck, twice in the back and six times in the chest, and also suffered a collapsed lung in the Sunday attack, said Joe Rojas, president of Local 506, which represents employees at the Federal Correctional Complex Coleman in Central Florida.

Rojas, who said he verified the information with staff on duty, said Nassar was in stable condition...
And this prison is considered safe. I think the only safe place for him would be out of general population.

Dang, He came thisclose to being able to hang out with his pal John Geddert.

Good point. And I read in one of the articles that this may mean they move him again. Apparently they moved him to this facility after he was attacked at the first one they had him in. MOO, but will look for a link.

ETA link to article:

Source: Nassar stabbed multiple times in prison

Last edited:
Washington — A prisoner suspected of stabbing Larry Nassar at a federal penitentiary in Florida said the disgraced former sports doctor provoked the attack by making a lewd comment while they were watching a Wimbledon tennis match on TV, a person familiar with the matter told the Associated Press.

The inmate, identified as Shane McMillan, was previously convicted of assaulting a correctional officer at a federal penitentiary in Louisiana in 2006 and attempting to stab another inmate to death at the federal Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado in 2011, court records show.

McMillan attacked Nassar in his cell Sunday with a makeshift weapon, stabbing him multiple times in the neck, chest and back before four other inmates rushed in and pulled him off of Nassar, according to the person familiar with the matter...

Sorry if this prison is run like the wild, wild west with a free for all going on.
:eek:

Even more sorry for Nassar's victims who will live with the horrible memories for the remainder of their lives.
A life sentence.
Praying for their continued healing.
I wish the gymnastics admin. would allow parents to be present at any medical evaluation.
Only my opinion.

Wow, in previous attack he and other prisoner stabbed another prisoner 66 times.

To clarify, I mean the guy who stabbed Nassar stabbed another prisoner 66 times.

Last edited:
Sorry if this prison is run like the wild, wild west with a free for all going on.
:eek:

Even more sorry for Nassar's victims who will live with the horrible memories for the remainder of their lives.
A life sentence.
Praying for their continued healing.
I wish the gymnastics admin. would allow parents to be present at any medical evaluation.
Only my opinion.
It is my understanding that the mothers of the gymnasts were present during Dr. Nassar's "physical exams" of the young gymnasts. He allegedly positioned himself so that the parents were unable to see what was happening.

...Even then, many wondered: How could the parents of these girls have been in the room while Larry abused their child – and not know it was happening?...

Last edited:
...Many of the parents heard that they were present when Dr. Nassar abused their children, using his body to block their view as he leaned over the examining table. One mother was looking at her phone during the treatment, the court heard. Others did not watch Dr. Nassar closely, sold by his reputation as a doctor for elite gymnasts and his easygoing manner...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back