MI MI - Gordon Page, 28, Grand Rapids, 27 May 1991

I wonder what ever happened to Gordie and why they never found his remains or anything :(

America's a big place.

Not much can be ruled out. He might have bumped into the wrong person and became a victim of foul play. He might have ended up in a psych ward somewhere, although you'd think the TV show would've clued them into his identity.

I think it's probable that while hitchhiking, he took a wrong turn and died of exposure somewhere.

I recently saw the Gordon Page, Jr. segment on the old Unsolved Mysteries show. Extremely sad story.

It's very unfortunate that he was mis-diagnosed for so long, that he couldn't hold down a job due to this disability, and that the last time his father saw him (at the group home) it was obvious that GP wanted to come home.

I completely understand why the parents didn't have GP living with them. He couldn't function well, and as such would need constant care that they probably couldn't provide. My understanding is that it is financially less expensive to place someone in a group home (which in some cases is state-run) than to hire 24-hour care for a person at a residence/private home. In any case, it was heart-breaking seeing the parents interviewed (especially the father, who is now deceased); they both were very likeable & were obviously very concerned for their son.

I suspect that GP just wandered out of the group home & ended up homeless somewhere, or possibly ended up in a shelter/another group home. However, it's unfortunately more likely that he's deceased. I'm not surprised he has never been found. I.e., since he himself wouldn't have been able to contact his parents & since he probably didn't have any contact information (for his family) on his person, it seems evident that he probably just slipped through the cracks somewhere. Very tragic.

Gordon Thomas Page Jr.

Gordon Thomas Page Jr. (NamUs)
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – A man who vanished from a Grand Rapids group home 31 years ago is still missing, and he might be linked to a baseball card collection that was found under an I-96 overpass.

Gordon Thomas Page, Jr. was last seen May 26, 1991, at the Cascade Foster Care Home on Kraft Avenue and 60th Street in Grand Rapids. At the time, he was 28 years old.
"…………………
""Page was 6 feet, 3 inches tall and weighed about 175 pounds. He had red/auburn hair and facial hair and blue eyes. He would now be 59 years old.

Anyone with information about Page is asked to call the Kent County Sheriff’s Department at 616-632-6246.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TysonSF