Still Missing MI - Heather Kelley, 35, mom of 8, phoned kids said would be home soon, car found, Kalamazoo, 11 Dec 2022 *Reward* *arrest*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671190949060.png

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — The search continues for a Kalamazoo County woman reported missing less than a week ago when her vehicle was found abandoned.

As of Thursday afternoon, deputies recovered Heather Kelley's vehicle but have not found the 35-year-old mother of eight children, according to Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller.

Kelley left home Saturday night around 9 p.m., according to family members.

She told her kids in a phone call around 10:20 p.m. that she will be home shortly. However, she was never heard from again, according to a missing persons report filed Sunday night with Portage Public Safety Department.

"Anytime somebody is reported missing after 4-5 days and there's no reasonable explanation into why they're not around is concerning," Portage Public Safety Chief Nick Armold said.

Authorities declined to say if they believed there was foul play during a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Michigan State Police helicopters circled a marsh and wooded area in Comstock Township, near Sprinkle Road.

The search happened near the area where Kelley's vehicle was found Sunday, according to family.

Fuller declined to confirm the vehicle's exact location or what was found inside.

"That part of the investigation is shored up. We have questions and we need answers to those questions and we believe we're talking to the right people now," Fuller said.

People living in the nearby neighborhood said the helicopter had searched the area for two consecutive days.

A search helicopter is generally flown during the daytime, according to state police detectives.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's office is working with the Portage Police Department on the case and plan to continue to search for Kelley.

"Our real concern is to try to find this young lady for her family, we know they're struggling with her being missing. Hopefully we can bring this to a happy conclusion at some point, we just need more time," Armold said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Portage Public Safety at 269-329-4567 or the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office at 269-383-8821.

Last edited:
This is JMO but I can’t imagine a mom walking out on 8 kids just before Christmas. Obviously horrible people do much worse but I don’t see why anyone would call and say they’d be right home and then vanish. I wish we knew more. Clearly she has her phone, or did. Has LE pinged it? Or was it left in her car? Other personal items - purse, wallet? What did she buy at the store? All moo

There's a lot of missing information. Assuming the kids were left alone, how old was the oldest, likely mid-teens but would they be correct on the time she left? Single? Married? Employer? Phone found? The Police have released few details, which can mean nothing or a whole lot. Hope she is found. Her family has to be so worried.

My first thought is that if there was ever a person who needed a break it would be a mom of 8 kids. Holy S#!t. IMO

Second thought is that Sprinkle & Michigan isn't an obvious place to leave a car (like a mall, parking garage, downtown street would be) and is near a river.

I suppose both thoughts could be related.

What happened between 9:00pm and 10:20? SMH. Was she just talking with a friend at a restaurant or bar, etc., and then something happened when she got to her car?
Was she meeting someone and that went wrong, somehow?
Did she run and errand and have a flat tire or other car trouble, and someone volunteered to "help her" and it went badly?
Was any evidence of foul play found in her car?
Hoping LE has some leads and/or evidence to know where to go next.
Prayers for this big family.

Portage police say their job right now is to look for Heather.​

“There’s not a lot that I’m willing to tell anybody right at this point,” Armold told FOX 17’s Julie Dunmire.

Police are promising to update everyone when the time is right. But right now, it’s time for investigators to do their work.

“One of the big things for a chief is realizing you need to get out of the way. And I’m in the way if I’m standing in front of a camera telling the wrong thing. So, I have to be careful what I say. Not because it’s sensitive, but I don’t want to say something that would impact the investigation,” said Armold.

Also from the presser, the car was found in Comstock Twp and evidence in the car leads them to believe there was foul play. They can't disclose specific evidence.

She was last seen at a business in Comstock around 10:30pm. They won't say what business, but added that there aren't many businesses in that area.

<modsnip>

Still hoping that Heather will be found soon and unharmed. Her children need her, I'm sure -- especially now that her school-aged kids will be home for the coming holidays. Hoping for good news soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case may well be on its way to a painful resolution, whatever that may be. That said, as a mom of three from New Jersey with a lot of fortunate [i.e. unearned, lucky] advantages in life: my heart hurts tonight for a mom of eight, about my age, who showed signs of trying as hard as she knew how in life and who faced such headwinds, be they bad men or be they whatever else.

This case may well be on its way to a painful resolution, whatever that may be. That said, as a mom of three from New Jersey with a lot of fortunate [i.e. unearned, lucky] advantages in life: my heart hurts tonight for a mom of eight, about my age, who showed signs of trying as hard as she knew how in life and who faced such headwinds, be they bad men or be they whatever else.
I guess I'm slow. What are you talking about? What signs that she was trying hard? What headwinds? Where are you getting this stuff?

A bit about Comstock Twp --
Comstock Charter Township is a charter township of Kalamazoo County in the U.S. state of Michigan, located east of the city of Kalamazoo and is part of the Kalamazoo–Portage Metropolitan Area. The 2010 census recorded the population within the township at 14,854. Wikipedia
Area: 35.3 mi²
Elevation: 810′
Weather: 25°F (-4°C), Wind S at 5 mph (8 km/h)
[...]
Local time: Monday 10:56 PM

I guess I'm slow. What are you talking about? What signs that she was trying hard? What headwinds? Where are you getting this stuff?
Have you read the entire thread for this missing woman? Well, in one of the videos, imbedded in an article, there is an interview with Heather's mother. Listen to that and you will find out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder
Back