MI MI - Highland Park, BlkFem 20-30, UP11813, silver ring, gold earrings, Feb'92

According to this video by Gray Hughes, where he talks to Colleen Fitzpatrick from Identifinders International, this person has been identified via DNA.

For some reason, the family doesn't want the person's identity to be published. For some reason, people who know are honoring the family's wishes. Very, very, very odd.

Timestamp 27:30

Glad she has been ID'd at least. I thought murder victims always had to be publicly ID'd, but I suppose that might not be the case where the killer is known and has already been found guilty of the murder. And he's dead, too, so there isn't anything more to add there.

I also think it's unfortunately possible that the family are ashamed or embarrassed. And they don't want people to know their family member was a drug addict and sex worker - they might prefer to pretend she didn't exist. Which is really sad. She was human too, she just had a lot of personal demons. Of course, there might be plenty of other reasons they don't want the ID to be public, such as not wanting the publicity or for the public to send them abuse (as we've seen happen before with families of long term unidentified).

RIP, miss. I hope that at least at some points in your life, you were loved.

Glad she has been ID'd at least. I thought murder victims always had to be publicly ID'd, but I suppose that might not be the case where the killer is known and has already been found guilty of the murder. And he's dead, too, so there isn't anything more to add there.

I also think it's unfortunately possible that the family are ashamed or embarrassed. And they don't want people to know their family member was a drug addict and sex worker - they might prefer to pretend she didn't exist. Which is really sad. She was human too, she just had a lot of personal demons. Of course, there might be plenty of other reasons they don't want the ID to be public, such as not wanting the publicity or for the public to send them abuse (as we've seen happen before with families of long term unidentified).

I really don't blame them. Her murderer has long been identified and punished. The potential for harassment of the family is far from zero. Let them grieve privately.

I don't think they need to be publicly identified. I'm beginning to think this is an "old wives tale".

Generally in the course of a trial for murder of the said subject, the name is almost always identified because it is usually part of the evidence and trial evidence is usually public information.

However, if the victim is a UID, they can prosecute using evidence based on the UID.

I don't see why there is a rumor that murdered UIDs must be publicly identified.

I don't think they need to be publicly identified. I'm beginning to think this is an "old wives tale".

Generally in the course of a trial for murder of the said subject, the name is almost always identified because it is usually part of the evidence and trial evidence is usually public information.

However, if the victim is a UID, they can prosecute using evidence based on the UID.

I don't see why there is a rumor that murdered UIDs must be publicly identified.
I don't understand why you would hide it. How does it benefit society to hide the ID of a victim? Who cares if he/she was a drug user or prostitute or whatever? At the very least, the publicly funded law enforcement apparatus should report their progress to those funding their efforts and make information available to that same public. A small group of people with unclear motives, including the family of the victim, shouldn't be allowed to make such a decision. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash
Back