GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam anybody understand this aucio? And now Griem is objecting... at the last recording that media should not record that! LOL! He loses that one!

Nope, I couldn't understand the audio either. I wish the transcript was allowed to be shown on the screen.

They just mentioned something about not quoting witnesses' names, yet they told their names on the stand!

Bob and buddies are a real bunch of goons! Sure a different man from the sniveling guy in media talking about how he missed his wife!

Witness testifies Bob Bashara asked to have handyman killed, saying 'this is my life'

"He said that ne needed to have Mr. Gentz taken care of before he went to his hearing," the witness said, referring to a competency hearing for Gentz. He said Bashara said "this is my life," and he needed Gentz killed.

~snip~

The witness tells Bashara that Gentz could perhaps be killed if glass is put in sugar or salt, and he ingests it. The witness then suggests the possibility of poison.

"Yeah," Bashara says.

At one point, the witness says, Bashara seems to be "unraveling."

http://www.freep.com/article/201207...Bashara-asked-handyman-killed-saying-my-life-

Wonder what happened to Greims comment months ago about his investigation coming up with another suspect for this? Haven't heard anything else about that or have I missed anything? Did he let that go because he was blowing smoke and never had anyone?

Judge finds probable cause and BB is bound over for trial. Bob's not a happy camper.

Hmmm, why didn't Griem present "what bb really meant" in court regarding the wire recordings?

thanks all for the news from today. Did not get to watch, so it was great to read your posts.

Justice for Jane.

Bob Bashara ordered to stand trial on charge of attempting to have Joe Gentz killed

1:13 PM, July 24, 2012

bilde

Bob Bashara appears in Detroit's 36th District Court Tuesday morning for his preliminary examination. Judge Kenneth King, left, denied a motion to delay the proceedings. / KATHLEEN GALLIGAN/Detroit Free Press

By Gina Damron and Elisha Anderson
Detroit Free Press Staff Writers​

Bob Bashara will face trial on a charge that he solicited someone to have Joseph Gentz killed.

Bashara, whose preliminary exam was held today in Detroit's 36th District Court, was bound over for trial in Wayne County Circuit Court. He is accused of trying to put a hit out on Gentz, who is charged with killing Bashara’s wife.

Bashara will be arraigned in circuit court on July 31 on a charge of solicitation to murder and has been remanded to the Wayne County Jail...

-------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201207...tand-trial-charge-attempting-Joe-Gentz-killed

Jane Bashara's mom locked out of daughter's home

Tuesday morning, Jane Bashara’s mother, Lorraine Englebrecht went to the Bashara home and found the locks had been changed and she could no longer get in. According to Englebrecht, Bob Bashara’s cousin Stephanie Samuel-Lucas has taken over control of the house.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Jane-Bashara-s-mom-locked-out-of-daughter-s-home/-/1719314/15664020/-/dn3clz/-/index.html

Wow. Wow. How utterly...I can't even think of a word bad enough. I'm going to assume no warning was given, of course.

How sad that Mrs. Englebrecht will probably have to get an order to go into her deceased child's house. Really, I just can't even believe this, it's awful.

I was able to hear the audio (poor quality that it was), and some of the prosecution questioning of the witness, but missed everything else. There is no question of Bob's guilt there...BUT....in this day and age, do the Michigan State Police or FBI have any better quality equipment to use for things like this? Sounded no better than those old reel-to-reel tapes they used back in the day.

Did anyone catch greims comments in reference to Pinocchio and Lisa's hair was in such poor taste!!! I can't believe what comes out of that mans mouth in a professional environment at times!!

Did anyone catch greims comments in reference to Pinocchio and Lisa's hair was in such poor taste!!! I can't believe what comes out of that mans mouth in a professional environment at times!!

No but i can sure believe it. That first presser that went on and on and on.....Strange man thats for sure. Can u direct me to the link? I'm catching up. Thanks.

Griem explains quitting Bob Bashara, Stephen Grant cases

Published: Thursday, July 26, 2012

Defense attorney David Griem on Tuesday acknowledged criticism for withdrawing as Bob Bashara’s defense attorney. A few years ago, Griem quit another high-profile murder defendant, Stephen Grant.

Griem said outside 36th District Court in Detroit following Bashara’s preliminary examination that attorney rules prevent him from providing details of why he quit both the Bashara and Grant cases, two of the most publicized criminal cases in metro Detroit.

Griem, with Bashara’s approval, last week tried to withdraw from the case but was rebuffed by Chief Judge Kenneth King, who said he wasn’t convinced Griem should leave and didn’t want to postpone the preliminary exam.

Griem while talking to reporters Tuesday scolded those who have suggested that Griem “bailed” on Bashara.

“Whichever of you reported, ‘Griem bailed on the case,’ shame on you,” he said. “I’ve never bailed on anything in my life.”

Attorneys commonly withdraw from cases, sometimes with support of the client, he said.

“Unfortunately, I guess for me that’s two more high-profile cases in recent times,” he said

Griem said he and Bashara differ on case strategy and asserted that attorney-client privilege prevents him from detailing the reasons. Revealing the differences also would tip off Wayne County prosecuting attorneys.

“I’m in a position with my hands tied behind my back,” he said.

He said his leaving the case was in Bashara’s best interests...

--------

More at the Source: http://www.pressandguide.com/articl...500fe65362b25411692496.txt?viewmode=fullstory

--------

I am still NOT "here" for couple of days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua