GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.. as expected ... Bobby is denied bail: ( haha ... too bad .. so sad :) )

----------

September 17, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Judge denies request to reduce Bashara's $15M bond

bilde

Detroit — A Wayne County Circuit judge on Monday denied a request to reduce Robert Bashara's $15 million bond as he awaits trial on charges of solicitation of murder.

Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow issued the ruling after hearing arguments late last week in the case involving the Grosse Pointe Park man accused of trying to pay a furniture store owner to kill his former handyman, Joe Gentz.

Prosecutors argued Bashara remains a "threat to the community" even while behind bars and is losing support of his friends and relatives.

Bashara's attorney, Mark Kriger, didn't seek a specific amount in his motion, but instead asked Morrow to set a "reasonable bond."

Kriger declined to comment on Monday.

Wayne County Prosecutor's Office spokeswoman Maria Miller called the court's decision to not modify Bashara's bond "a sound one."

"Bashara's activities prior to and during his incarceration give a clear picture of why he should remain in jail," Miller said....

More at the Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120917/METRO01/209170390

20120201214435_2012-0201-dc-basharafollowup029T.jpg

Bob Bashara bond stays put at $15 million

September 18, 2012

bilde

Bob Bashara was in court Thursday as his attorney requested a reduction in his $15-million bond. He is to go on trial Nov. 12. / JESSICA J. TREVINO/Detroit Free Press

Bob Bashara will stay behind bars on a $15-million bond after a judge denied his attorney's request for a bond modification.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow denied the request Monday, according to a court document, but that document did not contain any reason for the decision.

When reached for comment Monday, Kriger said, "I don't feel it's appropriate to comment on pending cases."

Bashara is to go on trial Nov. 12 on the solicitation charge, which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Gentz is expected to have a preliminary hearing Oct. 2 on charges of first-degree murder and solicitation in Jane Bashara's killing. He also remains jailed.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120918/NEWS02/309180055/Bob-Bashara-bond-stays-put-at-15-million

-----------------------

READ: Document of what prosecution presented in court (PDF file)

That is AWESOME that he was denied!!! :woohoo:

Wonder what the deal is with his hoarding of the meds?

Good info in the links Carolina and Darkman. TY for sharing.

What did I miss? Can't find the "hoarding meds" references in recent posts.

I am not sure... but hoarding of any medication while in jail is a bit concerning (re: possible suicide? or selling/trading the pills for something?) Either way, he needs to be watched!

Or, he could have been hoarding pills to be administered to someone else!

yeah, he probably has approached everyone in jail looking for a way to make Joe shut up forever. So if he hoards his meds maybe someone hold Joe down and feed them to him. Terrible terrible!! He's diabolical.

I am not sure... but hoarding of any medication while in jail is a bit concerning (re: possible suicide? or selling/trading the pills for something?) Either way, he needs to be watched!

How in heck does anyone hoard meds in jail? Don't they administer one dose at a time, and do a "mouth check" for pouching? Liquid suspensions of meds can also be substituted for pills to prevent pouching and hoarding, just as in psych wards.

I was astonished to read that BB was hoarding meds. That seems to be more of a commentary on lax medical and nursing supervision than a fault of the inmate. Inmates should be assumed to be irresponsible, and requiring close supervision.

Somebody in the dispensary/ clinic should be held accountable for this, imo.

So much conversation here, nice to see! :)

Ya... What's with 'em meds!??

We already know that Bob is off his rocker ... Don't tell me that he is off his meds now too... :D

Jane Bashara's family says Bob is selling her items in St. Clair Shores

Murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman's family says husband won't let them have her items, he is selling them at St. Clair Shores yard sale

Author: Hank Winchester, Local 4 Reporter

Published On: Sep 20 2012 06:10:06 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 20 2012 07:13:38 PM EDT

Bashara-St-Clair-Shores-yard-sale-jpg.jpg

---- TEXT & VIDEO (2:37) ----

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Jane Bashara's family members claim a newspaper ad promoting a rummage sale at a St. Clair Shores home includes items belonging to Jane, who was found dead in January.

Family members say clothing and collectibles which once belonged to the murdered Grosse Pointe Park mother are now up for sale. They say Jane's husband, Bob Bashara, who is locked up for allegedly trying to have a suspect in his wife's murder killed, has been keeping the items from them. Jane's family say Bob has been telling his family members to keep the items from Jane's family.

The St. Clair Shores home where the sale is scheduled to take place is owned by Bob's cousin Stephanie. Bob's aunt lives in the house. It's miles away from the Bashara home in Grosse Pointe Park, and Jane's family members say they believe that, too, is intentional because a sale in Grosse Pointe Park would draw far too much attention.

The battle over Jane's belongings has been dragging on for months. Earlier this years Jane's mother said she was locked out of the Bashara home. She said she was trying to get some of Jane's items to be passed on to her grandchildren.

"That's Jane's items in there. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm not going to let her take everything that Jane worked so hard for," said Lorraine Engelbrecht, Jane's mother.

Bob Bashara's attorney said he has not been told about the sale. He had no comment beyond that. Jane's family members say they are very disappointed and they hope Jane's items will not go to the highest bidder.

However, they now fear that if they want some of Jane's possessions, they may have to fight the crowds to get something to remember Jane.

-------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...res/-/1719314/16681806/-/l0oqywz/-/index.html

In article's comments at the source in my above post ... -- some suggested (among other things) that "what if":

c/p:

"lets go out on a limb here and maybe, just maybe the Aunt is having a yard sale of her own and this has NOTHING to do with Bob or Jane or any of that situation. Maybe the Aunt has stuff to sell of her OWN and decided to have a garage sale. Sometimes things can really be THAT SIMPLE! Not everything in Grosse Pointe regarding Bob's family has to be evil and involve him. Just saying...."

Also, some people report that at 11 pm news on WDIV ... it was mentioned that Bashara family spokesman said that none of Jane's things will be sold on Garage Sale...

... so who knows.. --- I surely, don't :rolleyes:

"A Nov. 12 trial date has been scheduled for Bashara, who would face up to 6 years in jail if convicted, according to sentencing guidelines outlined by the prosecutor’s office."

Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...uses-to-lower-bashara-s-bond&pager=full_story

--------

"up to 6 years" -- Is this a typo? ... I thought maximum could be even "life" for the type of offence he is charged with ... or, surely, much more than "up to 6 years"? :rolleyes:

Another pretty good summary of what happened at BB's bond amount reduction hearing: (from couple of days ago)

-------

Detroit
September 17, 2012

Judge rejects bond reduction request for Bashara

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

Robert Bashara will have to get used to life behind bars, at least until his trial later this fall....

--------

Read at the Source: http://www.candgnews.com/news/judge-rule-bond-reduction-bashara-case

"A Nov. 12 trial date has been scheduled for Bashara, who would face up to 6 years in jail if convicted, according to sentencing guidelines outlined by the prosecutor’s office."

Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...uses-to-lower-bashara-s-bond&pager=full_story

--------

"up to 6 years" -- Is this a typo? ... I thought maximum could be even "life" for the type of offence he is charged with ... or, surely, much more than "up to 6 years"? :rolleyes:

I'm of the most humble opinion that, when convicted on the current charges, Bashara will almost immediately face the more serious charged in connection with his role in Jane's murder. LE and the prosecutors will have a good chunk of time to prep the case and stabilize Joe Gentz' story.

Well ya... - that's logical thinking, understandably so :)

But still .. taking about the charges BB is dealing with now ... - I, even, think it was mentioned in some earlier news reports that person can even face "life in jail" for conspiracy to commit murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred