GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rocker:I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, Bob won't be getting out any time soon!

Good to see everyone!

Bashara-St-Clair-Shores-yard-sale-jpg.jpg

Looks like the Garage Sale (mentioned in above posts) was cancelled ... --- some people, i guess, went there and took the following picture of the residence's door:

002_zps4e48d7d4.jpg

All credits for the picture go to Justice4Jane... ;)

lol.... :)

--------

The best effort of WDIV anchor Hank "the Tank" Winchester to take downan old woman, just wasn't that good

by James Crandall St Clair Shores, MI -

In a tactic that can be best described as reminiscent of Al-Queda in Benghazion September 11, Hank Winchester's best effort to fabricate a story to stir civil unrest failed outof the gates. The subject of Hank's attack was a 76 year old woman that was having a garagesale. Hank's charge was that this 76 year old woman was selling the personal possessions of murder victim Jane Bashara. The drama which ensued after the WDIV team descended on thequiet St Clair Shores neighborhood can best be described as flacid.

In a story ripped out of the pages of All the President's Men, Hank Winchester received a tip from the Grosse Pointe News that it had accepted payment for a classified ad for a garage sale.A newshawk at the Grosse Pointe News recognized the little old lady purchasing the ad as a 65year resident of the Grosse Pointes, former downtown business owner, philanthropist, community volunteer and aunt of accused murder for hirer-er Robert Bashara. According to theannonymous tipster in an skype interview, "when I saw it was Robert Bashara's aunt, I knew this was my big chance to get off of the Grosse Pointe Patch beat. That 76 year old communityvolunteer was going down." ...

--------

Read the entire article at the Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/106737874/News-Hit-Piece-Satire

I wonder if he may be trading meds for favors (any kind he can get)? I hope his county issued toothbrush was used for scrubbing toilets before it was given to him. :aktion:

Yes! Drugs for cigs is common but can they smoke these days? I'm sure he has some kind of motive for some trade.

And WTH would want to get involved with HIM, when it was reported he had a new female grunt.

Got to love that the news has reported some of his phone conversations though.

You, beat me to it, michini ... :)

------

September 26, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Court hearing set for Gentz in Bashara murder case

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Detroit — A St. Clair Shores handyman is due in court next week on murder and conspiracy charges in the January killing of Jane Bashara.

A preliminary examination for Joseph Gentz is expected at 10 a.m. Oct. 4 before 36th District Court Chief Judge Kenneth King, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Gentz is charged with murdering Bashara on Jan. 24. Her body was found the following day in the back of her SUV in an alley in Detroit.

The conspiracy charges meaning prosecutors believe Gentz didn't act alone.

Gentz, who is developmentally delayed, has claimed that Robert Bashara paid him to kill his wife. The husband has not been charged in the murder.

Defense attorney, Susan Reed, has said she's working with prosecutors on a plea deal for Gentz. Reed could not be immediately reached Wednesday...

More at the Source:

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120926/METRO/209260425

Let's hope there is a plea deal and Bashara gets charged with murder!

Let's hope there is a plea deal and Bashara gets charged with murder!
I wish they would have enough on BB anyhow .. and charged him with murder regardless of what happens with JG.

Cuz as far as I am concerned ... - I don't mind Gentz to remain locked up forever as well ... regardless if he is coocoo, not coocoo or legally coocoo, if you know what i mean :what:

As far as i am concerned ... what some poster said in comments at the link of the latest news tidbit, is just fine with me: (above)

--------

"Gentz should not be let out to traverse alone amongst society either - anyone with a Cadillac and 2K may convince him to kill their spouse too!"

Joseph Gentz preliminary exam today
He is expected to appear at 10 a.m. in 36th District Court.
http://www.freep.com/article/20121004/NEWS05/310040202/Gentz-preliminary-exam-today

------------

Handyman faces key hearing in Bashara death
Oct. 4, 2012, 4:02 a.m. EDT
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/inde...ashara-death/396c5133856a4c91ae3740e1330a5bdd
or / and:
http://wwmt.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.mi/224acaae-www.wwmt.com.shtml

------------

I won't be here for the hearing (... or just for a little while) -- leaving in the morning.

Joseph Gentz to stand trial in Jane Bashara murder case

9:53 AM, October 4, 2012

bilde

Joseph Gentz, left, shown with defense attorney William Winters III at a competency hearing on June 11, 2012, is in 36th District Court in Detroit today, Oct. 3, 2012, for his preliminary examination in the Jane Bashara murder case. / KATHLEEN GALLIGAN/Detroit Free Press

By Gina Damron and Elisha Anderson

Detroit Free Press Staff Writers

Joseph Gentz walked into a courtroom in 36th District Court this morning wearing a tan suit and tie, waived his preliminary examination and walked out of the courtroom about 2 minutes later.

Gentz, who is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy in the slaying of Grosse Pointe Park mother Jane Bashara, told Chief Judge Kenneth King that he understood his right to have a preliminary examination.

He will stand trial in Wayne County Circuit Court. His arraignment there is scheduled for Oct. 11.

After the hearing, Gentz’s attorney told reporters “strategically there was no need to hold a preliminary examination.”

She said at this point there are no plea negotiations going on with prosecutors.

“We really haven’t sat down and negotiated or tried to work out numbers or anything like that,” Reed said.

Gentz is in isolation in jail for his own protection, according his attorney.

“No one enjoys being in isolation," Reed said. "But I think he is handling this as well as you can expect."

--------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20121004/NEWS05/121004020/joseph-gentz-preliminary-hearing

Joe Gentz waives right to preliminary exam in Bashara case

Joe Gentz charged with murder for Grosse Pointe Park mother's death; Due back in court Oct. 11

---- TEXT & VIDEO (2:34 - Uncut video: Gentz waives preliminary exam) ----

DETROIT -
Months after being charged, a Detroit-area handyman has waived his right to a preliminary exam.

Joe Gentz made the move Wednesday. The case now moves to Wayne County Circuit Court. He is due back in court on Oct. 11 for arraignment.

Gentz is charged with strangling Jane Bashara last January.

-----

More at the Source: (Click)

October 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Ex-Bashara handyman waives right to preliminary exam

By Christine Ferretti and Tony Briscoe
The Detroit News

bilde

Joseph Gentz, center, will be arraigned Oct. 11. and is remanded without bond. (David Coates / The Detroit News)

Detroit — The former handyman of Robert Bashara was ordered to trial Thursday after waiving his right to a preliminary examination in Detroit's district court.

Chief Judge Kenneth King remanded Joseph Gentz to jail without bond Thursday and set an Oct. 11 arraignment in Wayne County Circuit Court.

Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed, outside the courthouse said her client opted to forego Thursday's examination because there was no "strategic need" to hold it.

"We reviewed the evidence in the case. We're still reviewing evidence," Reed told reporters.

Law experts say the decision renews the notion of a plea deal for the St. Clair Shores man who is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy in the Jan. 24 strangulation murder of Jane Bashara. The Grosse Pointe Park woman's body was found inside her SUV the next day in an alley in Detroit.

"Plea deals are more common after a case gets into circuit court. It doesn't shock me that they haven't seriously discussed a plea deal yet," legal analyst Charlie Langton said. "I still think that a plea is always on the table. It can happen at any time."

Langton said it's surprising that Gentz didn't elect to have the examination when charged with serious life felonies.

"It's a great vehicle to get some facts out and insight into the prosecution's case," said Langton, a radio host on WXYT-AM (1270).

"I would have thought we'd see some testimony. Which also leads me to believe there could be a plea deal."

Procedurally, Langton said, felony plea deals are better done in circuit court, with the judge who can enforce them.

Plea discussions were mentioned for Gentz as long ago as June. Reed told The News in July that plea negotiations were expected for Gentz after he was deemed competent following both a court-ordered and independent mental evaluation.

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy, said Thursday that the protocol of the office is not to confirm or deny plea negotiations in any case.

Reed told reporters after the hearing that there are currently no plea negotiations going on with prosecutors.

"We're still reviewing options. New evidence is still coming in. We haven't sat down to try to work out numbers," she said. "I'm always hopeful to resolve a case in the best interest of my client."

The conspiracy charges against Gentz suggest prosecutors believe he didn't act alone.

Gentz, who is developmentally delayed, has claimed that Robert Bashara paid him to kill his wife. The husband has not been charged in the murder.

Authorities say the murder investigation is ongoing.

"A conspiracy charge by its very definition means two or more. I can't figure out why Kym Worthy has not brought charges yet," Langton said. "Murder has no statute of limitations, but certainly the length of time makes me wonder; is there some doubt here?"

Worthy in a comment emailed Thursday said outside attorneys "who are not familiar with all of the facts and evidence, do not drive our decision making in any case."

"Our decision in this case will be announced when we are ready to announce it and not a moment before," Worthy said.

Reed on Thursday said Gentz is "doing as well as expected" as he remains jailed in isolation at the Dickerson Correctional Facility in Hamtramck.

"No one likes isolation, but it's for his own safety," she said.

Reed added she doesn't know Gentz's state of mind, but said he did understand all of the charges against him.

"I gave up my palm reading a long time ago," Reed said. "I don't know what's going through his mind."

-----------------

More at the source from The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121004/METRO01/210040425#ixzz28LlolzBH

----

Joe Gentz waives right to preliminary examination in Bashara murder case

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

Posted: 7:00 AM
Last Updated: 2 hours and 50 minutes ago

• By: Kim Russell

(WXYZ) - Joe Gentz waived his right to a preliminary examination in 36th District Court Thursday morning in the Bashara murder case.

The case is now bound over to Wayne County Circuit Court.

Gentz is scheduled for an arraignment on October 11 at 9:00 a.m.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/joe-gentz-appears-in-court-for-preliminary-exam

Handyman Gentz Waives Hearing, Faces Trial In Bashara Death

October 4, 2012 10:41 AM

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) - Months after being charged, a Detroit-area handyman returned to court Thursday for a key hearing in the death of a suburban marketing executive.

And he waived his right to the preliminary examination, a court hearing that determines whether there’s enough evidence to bind him over — which means Joe Gentz now heads to Wayne County Circuit Court for trial.

More at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/handyman-faces-key-hearing-in-bashara-death/

Joe Gentz Waives Preliminary Exam in Bashara Case

Bashara murder trial moves forward to Wayne County Circuit Court.

By Toni Stinson
the author
11:40 am

f20fbce48995d2881c541d7608974575

Joe Gentz, the handyman charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the January strangulation death of Grosse Pointe Park's Jane E. Bashara, waived his right to a preliminary exam this morning, according to a report by Maria Miller, spokeswoman for the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office....

------

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/gentz-waives-preliminary-exam-in-bashara-case

Detroit
October 4, 2012

Gentz waives prelim in Bashara case

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

The man charged with murdering Grosse Pointe Park mother and marketing executive Jane Bashara, 56, will soon be back in court on those charges.

Joseph Gentz, 48, of Grosse Pointe Park, waived his right to a preliminary exam on charges of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder during a hearing Oct. 4 in front of 36th District Court Chief Judge Kenneth King. He is now scheduled to be arraigned at 9 a.m. Oct. 11 in 3rd Circuit Court.

Gentz told King he understood his rights and was willing to waive the preliminary exam, which led to him being bound over for the circuit court appearance.

“The people will consent to the waiver,” Wayne County prosecuting attorney Lisa Lindsey told the judge.

Outside the court, Gentz’s court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, said no negotiations are going on at this time on a plea deal with prosecutors. She said they’re still reviewing evidence in the case, but told reporters that a gag order means no one can share anything they receive from the prosecutors.

When asked if she might reach a plea agreement for her client, Reed said she hasn’t sat down yet to negotiate numbers or any specifics of that nature with prosecutors.

“I’m always hopeful to resolve a case in the best interest of my client,” she said...

-----

More at the Source: http://www.candgnews.com/news/gentz-waives-prelim-bashara-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti