GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #6

In a way, my heart goes out to Joe Gentz. His IQ is very low, based on personal experience with people with mental challenges. It's clear to me that people, especially Bob Bashara, used his disability to get him into trouble. He doesn't seem to understand that what he asks for is different from what he was offered, time-wise.

I'm sure his own attorney explained the deal to him, but he didn't get it.

His head is all muddled up.

That's how I feel. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Testimony concluded. Closing arguments and Judge's ruling Thursday, July 7.

The hearing is over. July 14 for closings and the judge's decision.

FREEP blog said July 7th when I last saw it. Not correct.

I closed the live stream while Judge was still talking, so she must have changed the date after I heard July 7.

ETA: Each side gets 40 minutes for closing arguments. Judge seems confident that she can rule on whether or not Bob Bashara will get new trial.

So Gentz says he signed the deposition without reading it because he was angry. He was angry because he'd been promised he'd be safe in jail and he didn't feel safe.

Judge set next meeting date for July 14, when she will hear 40 minutes of closing arguments from each side and will give her decision. Although tweeters implied we should not count on getting a decision that day.

That about the size of it?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I closed the live stream while Judge was still talking, so she must have changed the date after I heard July 7.

ETA: Each side gets 40 minutes for closing arguments. Judge seems confident that she can rule on whether or not Bob Bashara will get new trial.

I think she pretty much knows her decision at this point! I noticed that she made very sure that Joe stated ONE MORE TIME that he didn't know what was in his affidavit. That being said, end of any "new" information that was the basis of this appeal.

I don't think Mr. Ambrose quite knew how to ask Joe questions. It's either that, or he hoped that Joe would be easy to trip up. He sure tried. He ended up with poor Joe becoming so confused and the judge doing the questioning in an easily understood manner. She knew how to get him focused, just yell at him a little to stay on task!

When Mr. Ambrose was questioning Joe yesterday, he started in on something that happened in 2012. Judge Evans stopped him in his tracks and said, perhaps prophetically, "We're not going to retry this case." I think her mind has been made up for a while that BB won't get a new trial, and she will lay it out for him in no uncertain terms.

Once again, Bob Bashara tried to manipulate Joe Gentz by having him sign the false affidavit, but his little scheme backfired. I hope "Master" Bob realizes that he is no longer in charge. At one point yesterday, it appeared to me that BB had been crying. I think he knew that his goose was cooked. Have a bologna sandwich, Bob. You'll feel better :D

I think she mentioned two hearing days ago (months) that she was ready to end it all and make a ruling. Surely what went down yesterday should prove her opinion beyond any doubt.

Did you all notice that BB didn't look at all confident yesterday? Well, I suppose that's an understatement. He knows his goose is cooked at this point.

On to appellate court for appeal! Well, after closing arguments before Judge Vonda... then the decision. I can't wait to hear her rationale...

I think she mentioned two hearing days ago (months) that she was ready to end it all and make a ruling. Surely what went down yesterday should prove her opinion beyond any doubt.

Did you all notice that BB didn't look at all confident yesterday? Well, I suppose that's an understatement. He knows his goose is cooked at this point.

On to appellate court for appeal! Well, after closing arguments before Judge Vonda... then the decision. I can't wait to hear her rationale...

Yes, and at one point when BB was on camera, I was sure that tears had welled up in his eyes. Geez, I almost felt sorry for him. Not really ;)

Does anyone know where I can find video of yesterday's hearing?

Lady Justice did a video archive of yesterday hearing for those whose internet connections were lousy, like mine, or who were unable to listen to it at the time.

This is part 1 of 4 Parts if you start with this one you can go through all 4.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WAkM-S_5lBE

Hth knt! : seeya:

ATL, Thanks so much. I saw the part 3 and 4 earlier and thought I was missing part 1 & 2. Thanks for making sense of that!

Bashara ruling could finally come Friday

Bashara’s defense attorney, Ronald Ambrose, and a Wayne County assistant prosecutor are expected to make arguments Friday morning in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit after which Evans could rule. Written legal briefs have already been submitted. Evans previously said she prefers to rule as soon as possible after testimony was completed at the last hearing in May.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20160714/bashara-ruling-could-finally-come-friday

Bob Bashara continues to fight conviction in wife's murder

Jane Bashara killed more than 4 years ago

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr. - Digital Managing Editor

Posted: 7:18 AM, July 15, 2016
Updated: 7:25 AM, July 15, 2016

DETROIT - Bob Bashara is scheduled to be back in court Friday for another post-conviction hearing in front of Judge Vonda Evans.

It has been more than 4 years since his wife Jane Bashara was murdered. She was found dead Jan. 25, 2012 in the back of her SUV in an alley in Detroit. It was just miles from the couple's home in Grosse Pointe Park. An autopsy revealed she had been strangled...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bob-bashara-continues-to-fight-conviction-in-wifes-murder

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2016/07/15/bashara-trial/87119092/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back