MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flutterby-great job! You should be called Shutterby lol.And I have a question-was she taken from the back or front of the store-do we know from details of the case?

All we know is a witness said that Jessica walked out of the store with a man but nothing seemed amiss (my words). Then, there was a struggle.

Jessica's mother gave the description to reporters at the beginning of the case. We don't know who this witness is afaik.

Based on this comment, my guess is she walked out the front of the store.
In other words, we don't know but assume the front. Because there's a back door, peeps have been batting around different theories.

I am confused, I thought word of a struggle was later said not to be the case.

http://www.freep.com/article/201305...Jessica-Heeringa-fails-will-fall-my-shoulders

Chief Shaw expressed that, if the search for Jessica Heeringa fails, it will fall on his shoulders.

According to the article, Jessica left her coat at the gas station too (along with her purse and her car).

Thanks, Shutterby, for the terrific pics and analogy. AWESOME WORK!!!

-Would Jessica "normally" wear a jacket to have a cigarette?

-Where would Jessica smoke while working, was there a designated smoking area?

-Where did Jessica "normally" park her vehicle? Would she leave it there the whole shift, or move it near closing time?

-Can we list the publicly known evidence that was found at the scene?

Based on evidence found at the scene, and tips received since Heeringa was reported missing, police reclassified the case as an abduction, officials announced on Sunday.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/376881

All we know is a witness said that Jessica walked out of the store with a man but nothing seemed amiss (my words). Then, there was a struggle.

Jessica's mother gave the description to reporters at the beginning of the case. We don't know who this witness is afaik.

In other words, we don't know but assume the front. Because there's a back door, peeps have been batting around different theories.

Mom started saying she thinks this is what happened on MSM. I don't think there is a witness as this conjecture.

I'm confused too. LE never reported the same info - someone apparently told SH that story (a co-worker of J's?) and she relayed it to the media.

LE hasn't revealed any info indicating that the back door was disturbed or unlocked or that Jessica exited that way. The question may have come up because, supposedly, the van was behind the station when Jessica was abducted (LE never confirmed that either afaik).

I took some pictures, added captions and saved to PDF. If this format doesn't work, let me know and I will change it.

View attachment 33329

:yourock::thewave::tyou:

Shutterby!!!(I like that change of the nicker!)

Thanks, so much for taking the time and putting forth the effort to take pictures and provide your analogy for us.

I noticed 2 things from the pics, I guess.

The first is the tint on the windows of the store. It really seems quite dark. Would it be accurate to say that you can't see what is going on inside the store readily?

The second thing is that the door on the back of the Exxon station does not appear to have a door handle. Is that true? I wonder if the door was ever propped open to enable the workers to have a cigarette, if that's where they smoked? It doesn't appear to be able to be opened from the outside.

Just saw this article on Google News - so really, we are not only back to square one, but we've been running after a van that probably has nothing to do with the case this whole week. The real perp must have been LOVING that diversion :(
http://www.freep.com/article/201305...eringa-norton-shores-missing-police-abduction

That article states that one of the men with a similar minivan has been questioned and ruled out - not that the minivan has been ruled out. It is poorly written though, and I can see how it could be misconstrued.

Mom started saying she thinks this is what happened on MSM. I don't think there is a witness as this conjecture.

SH said someone told her there had been a struggle.

I know she said that because, all along, I've been thinking why the heck wouldn't someone call 911 at that moment. It made no sense then and it doesn't now. To say a situation looked normal yet ended in a struggle, but not to do anything about it after observing the stuggle part, is peculiar. :twocents:

Here is confirmation that the FBI are not working the case.

I certainly wish they had more than 1 person assigned to collecting video. Only 2 businesses have provided video so far? That is depressing.

One member of the task force is assigned to strictly gathering surveillance video from businesses in the area of the Exxon gas station.

Two businesses have already cooperated with officials and provided video that shows what police believe is the same silver or gray minivan witnesses remember seeing near the gas station around the time Heeringa was allegedly abducted.

Police believe the suspect involved in Heeringa’s disappearance was driving that van the night Heeringa disappeared.

Meanwhile, federal officials have also been notified of the case, but aren’t currently investigating, Shaw said. The FBI was contacted and made aware of the apparent abduction.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_case_still_ve.html

Come to think of it, suspected drops of blood and other DNA have been mentioned. Those may indicate a struggle took place.

FBI needs to be involved. I think local LE has be working very hard to solve this but FBI may have resources that could bring Jessica home!

I know she said that because, all along, I've been thinking why the heck wouldn't someone call 911 at that moment. It made no sense then and it doesn't now. To say a situation looked normal yet ended in a struggle, but not to do anything about it after observing the stuggle part, is peculiar. :twocents:

You are correct Woe!

Jessica's mother, Shelly Heeringa, told ABC News that someone saw her daughter "walk out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but when they got to his van, a struggle ensued.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-he...-knew-abductor/story?id=19065157#.UYVpDbU3uGE

What happened to the silver van without plates a websluther reported on thread 3. I dont know how to link to closed threads. Does anyone?

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/missing_gas_station_employee_n.html

At about the 1:40 mark in the video (link provided), is where SH talks about someone telling her he observed a struggle. Shelly says, "someone supposedly had seen". That sounds as if someone told her that - not sure who did though, the actual witness or LE. Also behind the gas station is mentioned too.

No you did good, I figured it out...lol. I am computer challenged...lol.

I enlarged that back door, I do not see a place (deviation) where their would be a peek hole, I also don't see any form of a bell/buzzer. I also cannot picture why anyone would need to use the back door to be honest after seeing their is no dumpster directly behind, perhaps to dump mop water??? IMHO
BBM

I agree, I couldn't see one either. Does anyone else remember reading that the lights to the back door were off? I can't find it anywhere but I swear I read that! Here's my question, does anyone know where the light switch for the back door is located? If in a backroom storage area, or office then you would think this person is familiar with that area. (Delivery person or current/former employee or significant other of current/former employee.) IIRC, it has been said that those back lights were off when they should have been on.
IMO this perp could have come in earlier when there were others in the store and Jessica was busy and went back to shut off the back lights while Jessica assumed they were still on. Then he comes back later to the back door, knocks and possibly calls Jessica by name says he needs help, she opens the door and then he takes her. IMO, He would have thought this out, if those lights were out in the back of the store on purpose, it was to hide what he was about to do back there. If this is indeed a fact regarding the lights out back then this person knew where those light switches were, therefore had prior knowledge of the store and Jessica. JMO
Can someone help me out with this lighting question? I swear I read this. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member