MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting, this article states it was found on the ground....and now they are saying they aren't releasing the location where the blood was found yet on www.mlive.com Confusing!

Blood could have been on the concrete in the front, back, near the pumps, on the sides, etc.

Police determined the small amount of blood that was collected by investigators and sent to the Michigan State Police crime lab is Heeringa’s.

Police announced that information in a press release shortly before 1 p.m. today, May 8.

Police are not releasing the location where the blood was found at this time.
www.mlive.com

Where exactly are you reading that police are not releasing where the blood was found> I read link and found only this. Help me out. :blushing:

Authorities said the sample is a “small amount” of blood discovered outside the Exxon gas station, but large enough for investigators to determine it’s Heeringa’s.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...ca_heeringas_fianc_in_res.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Thanks Wolf Dreamer and watcher. Now I understand what that meant! You guys are great! :) Thanks for your explanation!

Where exactly are you reading that police are not releasing where the blood was found> I read link and found only this. Help me out. :blushing:

Authorities said the sample is a “small amount” of blood discovered outside the Exxon gas station, but large enough for investigators to determine it’s Heeringa’s.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...ca_heeringas_fianc_in_res.html#incart_m-rpt-2

If you read the article about Jessica Heeringa's fiancé in response to her blood being discovered, I'm always hopeful article, click on the bolded blue sentence of "their findings on the blood sample", it will take you to the article Jess Heeringa's blood found outside Exxon gas station authorities have determined...
and in that article it will say that police are not releasing location where the blood was found.

This is the million dollar question.

To create the sketch, investigators worked with a witness who saw the man — described as about 30-40 years old, about 6 feet tall, and wearing a bright red or orange shirt — near the Exxon Mobil in Norton Shores, police said.

“This witness did not see a struggle,” Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said today. “She did not see somebody getting placed in the back of the van.”

She saw the van and person, and called police when she heard Heeringa was missing.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...-vanished-during-her-shift-late-Friday-night-

Could it be that what was seen was the van that had been lurking around various area gas stations for a period of weeks (?) and that the sketch was done based on what various gas station attendants remembered about what the guy in the lurker van looked like?

Praying for "Our Girl"! Please send her home to her child safe and sound.

She was bleeding when she got into the van....

So did this guy put down plastic in the van, or is there blood stains in a van in the area?

IM going to go abduct a young woman tonight I think Ill wear my bright orange or red sweatshirt !

Can anyone speculate as to why LE specifically does not want to name the location where Jessica's blood was found?

A thought, maybe they want to make sure they have the right suspect, when one is arrested, and one way to make sure they have the right guy would be for his story to match the evidence not released to the public (sometimes people confess to crimes they didn't commit).

I think I answered my own question, but there may be other reasons as well...

IM going to go abduct a young woman tonight I think Ill wear my bright orange or red sweatshirt !

It does sound strange, wearing a color so bold and identifyable. Sounds like you aren't buying what they are selling, huh? It does sound hinky....Generally, I would think at night, a person would wear a color that would blend in, say black or dark blue, not a vivid color....hum.....

The person who was interviewed a couple times and released, if I am not mistaken (someone please correct me if I am) had his van impounded and I assume looked over by forensic investigators. We now know that Jessica was bleeding at least enough for some to drop to the ground. I would think the vehicle she was taken in surely has at least traces of her blood in it, even if she only touched her wound(s) with her fingers and brushed against a door panel or handle. Now that they have her DNA, they should also be able to test any hairs or fibers found in the vehicle as well, I would think. Does anyone know if the van belonging to the person interviewed has been released or if it is still impounded? JMO

The person who was interviewed a couple times and released, if I am not mistaken (someone please correct me if I am) had his van impounded and I assume looked over by forensic investigators. We now know that Jessica was bleeding at least enough for some to drop to the ground. I would think the vehicle she was taken in surely has at least traces of her blood in it, even if she only touched her wound(s) with her fingers and brushed against a door panel or handle. Now that they have her DNA, they should also be able to test any hairs or fibers found in the vehicle as well, I would think. Does anyone know if the van belonging to the person interviewed has been released or if it is still impounded? JMO

LE never said if the vehicle was returned or retained.

You know, I know you meant to be sarcastic, but thats actually a really good point. I wonder if he didn't plan it? Hard to say though because he is probably just dumb.

A local said that half the state wears those orange and/or red sweatshirts ,due to sports teams. So it may not be a great clue, really.

Each day brings more questions. I am so confused right now. Conflicting news stories could answer or create more questions. At this point what I do know is Jessica is missing, and her abductor is unknown.

I really hope a legitimate lead comes in soon. I feel bad that LE had to sift through FB rumors, and crazy tips, but that is the name of the game I suppose. I feel bad for innocent people, but thank goodness people were sincerely looking at their own friends. I am kinda proud of America. I know people have issues with LE and my opinion is only this. They have never had a case of this magnitude. I have no idea how difficult it is.

I hope nothing has been overlooked in the fast flow of mass information.

You know, I know you meant to be sarcastic, but thats actually a really good point. I wonder if he didn't plan it? Hard to say though because he is probably just dumb.

If he is dumb, LE (and everyone else) is dumber because we can't find him.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringas_blood_found.html
Wideopen hopefully this link will take you to the article I was referring to about the location of the blood will not be released.

Thank you for this link & clarification.

I read it closely, the first sentence says MUSKEGON COUNTY, MI – Authorities have determined blood found outside the Exxon gas station in Norton Shores where Jessica Heeringa was allegedly abducted is that of the missing woman.

Then skim down and it says this,Police are not releasing the location where the blood was found at this time.

I suppose this is meant to indicate that they are not releasing the exact area of the building- back door, side of building, etc...

I am guilty of trying to read between the lines and hoping that maybe they found blood or dna in the van impounded on May1. Wishful thinking. Was the van released, do we know? TIA

Officers received tips Wednesday about a man who drives a silver van. At about 6 p.m., the man was pulled over and taken in for questioning.

"It is what we have been doing since Saturday," Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw told 24 Hour News 8.

The man was taken to a second location and his minivan was impounded, but he was not arrested and he was released later Wednesday night.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nue-questioning-in-jessica-heeringa-abduction

jmo

SteveP you are following my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member