MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe this was a hunter, or passerby. Here is why:

The found blood. We don't know exactly where it was found(unless I missed it), but it takes a minute or two for blood to run. Most likely it came from a scratch, or the nose. A 105 pound girl is not going to be able to fight off an attacker for long. To me, that means the abduction happened inside.

If I'm this perp there is no way i'm risking the camera, so I think they knew the cameras weren't there. Someone involved in a crime of opportunity wouldn't take that chance- you can get a lot from even grainy cameras, including clothing, height, weight, hair, etc.

Timing. I think this person knew exactly when to go to the station, and the likelihood of being caught by other customers. A hunter would not take that risk, or know the patterns of the station.

If it is a serial/hunter, then they were in town with the express purpose of kidnap. I'd be checking hotel/motels, in that case.

Didn't they even have cameras inside at the register area????????
What kind of business that deals with money doesn't at least have cameras to keep an eye on employees handling cash, for crying out loud? For whatever reason, it only just occurred to me right now. Any job I had there were cameras on the employees.....
I realize it's too late now. Unfortunately.

Right now, the hunter theory is the best I have. LE likely has eliminated all local RSOs.

Hunting theory:

1) Alibi to be out of touch for a prolonged period of time
2) Alibi to take scouting trips in advance ( which he used to identify store with no camera, victim, familarize himself with the area and where he would take the victim too.
3 As previously posted, he could have had a tarp in the back of the van in case victim bleeds and a rifle. Alibi to LE if caught beforehand... just hunting
4) Orange shirt.... who in their right mind says, hey, I'm going to abduct someone. Here let me put on my bright orange shirt.
5) When hes done, wrap the victim up in a nice little package with weights in the tarp and dump in the water (lord knows there is enough water around there.

In my mind, very plausable

NICE CATCH! The reporter oopsied that one, huh?

But if he was supposed to be "hunting" he's supposed to wear orange. Hmmmm..

:websleuther:

Hunters must wear on the upper portion of their body and head a minimum of 500-square inches of daylight fluorescent orange (blaze orange), visible front and back, while hunting big game except on archery-only and turkey hunts. (A hat and vest fulfills requirements.) Blaze orange camo is legal if it contains 500 square inches of fluorescent orange. In those areas where the archery-only deer season dates overlap with another big game gun season (i. e. bear or boar), archers are required to wear 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange (TCA-70-4-124).

http://www.tn.gov/twra/biggamehunt.html

So another feaux hunter?

But I don't think in Holly's case that he was actually hunting - I think he was using the camo to hide in the woods and get away without being easily seen. Makes me wonder about an underground bunker in those woods, too.

Emptying trash. Co-worker witnessd van pull up behind building and turn off lights. Few minutes later van drives by at the time JH was abducted

Like any good stalker, maybe he knew her routine. What if she was propping the door to take out trash to the dumpster and he grabbed her?

Right now, the hunter theory is the best I have. LE likely has eliminated all local RSOs.

Hunting theory:

2) Alibi to take scouting trips in advance ( which he used to identify store with no camera, victim, familarize himself with the area and where he would take the victim too.
3 As previously posted, he could have had a tarp in the back of the van in case victim bleeds and a rifle. Alibi to LE if caught beforehand... just hunting
4) Orange shirt.... who in their right mind says, hey, I'm going to abduct someone. Here let me put on my bright orange shirt.
5) When hes done, wrap the victim up in a nice little package with weights in the tarp and dump in the water (lord knows there is enough water around there.

Respectfully, there has been nothing reported at all that indicates or even implies that all local RSO's have been eliminated.

Emptying trash. Co-worker witnessd van pull up behind building and turn off lights. Few minutes later van drives by at the time JH was abducted

Wait. Plude, can you elaborate a bit on this information? First I'm hearing of it....this thread FLIES!!!!!!!

I was reponding t a post that said why would she go out the back door which I think was edited. I d not know that is why she went out the back door to empty the trash, just theorizing why she would go out the back door.

I know for sure LE said no sign of struggle in the store and a reporter said JH's blood at the back door

Wait. Plude, can you elaborate a bit on this information? First I'm hearing of it....this thread FLIES!!!!!!!

Hunting theory:

#5 is iffy. If he's in a remote area he could leave the scavenging to the animals. But I prefer not to think about that.
We only have a week as far as LE is concerned. If we're putting our heads together we need to submit it all right away.

1050??

the fact that jessica has not yet been found doesn't bode well. I guess there isn't a silver van with 1050 (something like that) in the plate numbers.

As with so many other cases, i get the impression that this will be a case of finding bones in the woods and trying to figure it out from there. I also get the impression that this is a person experienced in abducting females ... And i want to say murdering females.

http://connect.mlive.com/user/nortonshoreschief/index.html
"The lack of a witness statement to law enforcement does not equal a questionable investigation! I stand by what I said - the task force has not received that information. If someone did witness a struggle, please come forward and provide information to the investigators."
This was from Dan Shaw concerning if a struggle occurred or not.
This link gives all his answers to questions posed to him.

When we are putting out theories, I think it is very important that we clearly state it as opinion only, and if responding to a post, to avoid confusion, it is best to include the post. We don't have a ton of facts to work with right now, but we need to be able to differentiate them from opinions and theories. JMO, MOO, and IMHO

I was reponding t a post that said why would she go out the back door which I think was edited. I d not know that is why she went out the back door to empty the trash, just theorizing why she would go out the back door.

I know for sure LE said no sign of struggle in the store and a reporter said JH's blood at the back door

Ok, your theory, then. *The way it was worded made me think that someone witnessed her taking trash out when a van pulled up behind the store, turned lights out....and a few minutes later drove by, around the same time as the abduction.* WHEW!

When we are putting out theories, I think it is very important that we clearly state it as opinion only, and if responding to a post, to avoid confusion, it is best to include the post. We don't have a ton of facts to work with right now, but we need to be able to differentiate them from opinions and theories. JMO, MOO, and IMHO

Thank you so much for saying that. The last post really threw me for a loop!

Keep in mind, the cash drawer was out.
Hypothetical situation: I say she was "prepping" by unlocking the back door, and forgot something inside. There wasn't a struggle in the store because she had a weapon at her face and he's got her by suprise. Then, she plops out the cash drawer because she thinks shes being robbed. But he takes her the same way he got in..through the back door. MOO

Well, here's a hybrid map I've made from linked sources. It cross references Public Hunting Areas with local Campgrounds.

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/jenstar551/media/hunting_zpsfe0be78a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Source One:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=camp...unds,6179229917451125095,43.262206,-86.113586

Source two:

http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunting/Hunting_Land_muskegon_COUNTY.pdf

As you can see there's only two major campgrounds closest to the Hunting grounds and not so far from interstate 31 (red line that runs n/s). Because it's said to be more "Isolated" IMHO Wolf Lake Resort/CG would be the first place I'd look.

well done :)

Hypothetical situation: I say she was "prepping" by unlocking the back door, and forgot something inside. There wasn't a struggle in the store because she had a weapon at her face and he's got her by suprise. Then, she plops out the cash drawer because she thinks shes being robbed. But he takes her the same way he got in..through the back door. MOO

But unless he knew her and the station, that still means the risk of the cameras. TOO big if you're planning an abduction(IMO)

Going away from my earlier theory...somehow someone she knew lured her outside. Which still doesn't explain why the cash drawer was out. Most employees would never do that.

Was the cash drawer actually plopped out? The article you linked earlier, said the case drawer was open, nothing about the cash drawer actually being out of the register on the counter.

Gosh, I do not recall anything about a partial plate at all. If true, it should have made it much more possible to find the van by now.

The apparent lack of progress is very grim, IMO. If the perp is a local, that may mean he has been back at his usual routine all along, causing no undue suspicion and probably does not "have" Jessica. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57