MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Ridgeway was taken in a car (even though no one knew that at the time) and they still did massive ground searches. and they found evidence. and her.
I've been away for a few days, couldn't handle being here knowing her little boy has no mama on mother's day, but no I'm back, and I really think the investigation is limiting the search.

It was not known that Jessica R. was taken in a car, though. Most victims probably are taken into cars. But usually there is no evidence of it, so a search has to start from the last place seen or known to be. Even with Holly, while a vehicle was the assumption, no one saw one.

From Dan Shaw in the comments section in this article....that he posted 16 hours ago...

"Please remain vigilant and report any information regarding Jessica, the silver minivan, or the subject portrayed in the sketch to NSPD (231-733-2691) or Silent Observer (231-72-CRIME). At this point, anything other than that is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_jessica_heeringa_case_t.html

I wonder how much more information that LE has about the sketch and the minivan, particularly since Dan Shaw said that "at this point anything other than this is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose".

I still think they need to search that Wolf Resort Campground. Just for the fact it's so isolated. If they truly took her "North" it wouldn't be but a bit over a 20 min ride. When my sister was homeless; she lived out of her car and rented a campsite. JMO

Jessica's Myspace from 2009 is still up - she had posted a few poems back then. This makes me so sad.

Maybe I don't have a melody
My music is lost to the wind
My tune has been inhaled
My violins may lift my heart
But the tears still fall
Maybe I'm not singing loud enough.

This one gave me the shivers:

As I suspected You came through the door Your eyes not happy anymore You wrapped the leash Around my heart And went for the door Passed through No turning back Without a word or a glance
For the heart your dragging behind

Just wanted to share these poems, my apologies if this has already been posted, or mods, please remove if this is inappropriate. Another poster had said we know so little about Jessica personally, I thought I'd share these.
I think that there is a real softie underneath her "scrappy" exterior.

I'd seen those too. But I wasn't sure since there's a girl on FB that looks ALOT like Jess and really isn't her.

Sounds to me like they know more than they are telling us.

Difficult to say how much, really. I used to think LE always had much more than we knew but often it either is not true, or what they do have does not lead them anyplacd.

From Dan Shaw in the comments section in this article....that he posted 16 hours ago...

"Please remain vigilant and report any information regarding Jessica, the silver minivan, or the subject portrayed in the sketch to NSPD (231-733-2691) or Silent Observer (231-72-CRIME). At this point, anything other than that is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_jessica_heeringa_case_t.html

I sure hope they polygraphed that witness or somehow have this abduction on video. :twocents:
What happens if this witness "recants" like the one in Leila Fowler's case did?

While I admire his certainty... it rubs me the wrong way at the same time.
For all he knows... this guy dropped off his minivan 3 miles down the road and got in his pick up truck.

He is encouraging people to have tunnel vision and that is rarely a good idea.
I hope they DO know more than we realize they know. A LOT more. :please:

Difficult to say how much, really. I used to think LE always had much more than we knew but often it either is not true, or what they do have does not lead them anyplacd.

I know what you mean, and one that comes to mind is Kyron Horman, and I have followed that case for several years now, and now on June 4th is the third anniversary of missing Kyron. With the leads that I thought LE had due to their press conferences, I thought for sure that either Kyron would be found or an arrest would be made....

I missed it. Where did chief Shaw say, "At this point anything other than that is a distraction." Is that your opinion, or did the Chief say that?

I missed it. Where did chief Shaw say, "At this point anything other than that is a distraction." Is that your opinion, or did the Chief say that?

No, it is not my opinion. The chief did write that. It is in the comments section from the article, that I posted a little bit earlier....see my post #622

Bolding mine.

"Please remain vigilant and report any information regarding Jessica, the silver minivan, or the subject portrayed in the sketch to NSPD (231-733-2691) or Silent Observer (231-72-CRIME).

At this point, anything other than that is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose."

Ugh. I check in every two or three days. And frown. I wish they would figure this case out.

I don't know if this has been posted before or if anyone on ws noticed, but...there is a guy handing out flyers wearing an orange sweatshirt...it appears in the video at the 02:05 minute mark...I find it curious after all the discussion about who would wear an orange or red sweatshirt while kidnapping someone...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/...on-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared

I'm just saying...MOO

I don't know if this has been posted before or if anyone on ws noticed, but...there is a guy handing out flyers wearing an orange sweatshirt...it appears in the video at the 02:05 minute mark...I find it curious after all the discussion about who would wear an orange or red sweatshirt while kidnapping someone...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/...on-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared

I'm just saying...MOO

It looks like a smallish person but whoever it is, stays under that hood and never turns toward the camera. It's a little weird but if that's his only sweatshirt and it's chilly outside????

Last year orange was a popular fashion color. I bought a bright orange hoodie for a young man (Under Armour). I told him if he didn't like the color he could return it but he didn't. So, ???????

Chief Dan Shaw said today he does not want to use resources to do any ground searches at this time. He is also concerned about the public doing searches because they could cause a problem with the evidence found.

Chief Shaw has made a basic mistake of logic in his statement. Perhaps he didn't mean what he said ?

Paraphrasing Shaw: Don't search for evidence because if you find any evidence you might contaminate it.

Chief Dan Shaw said although I cant prevent any private party from searching I would prefer that they would call me so I could go over the proper handling of evidence with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash