MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping the bike run for Jessica on October 5th gains more interest in Jessica's case. I also hope people are looking out for him on that day. I have no idea what the police are looking for. Will he be helping, will he be in the shadows? It would be nice to have a clue as to who we are dealing with.

I am hoping the bike run for Jessica on October 5th gains more interest in Jessica's case. I also hope people are looking out for him on that day. I have no idea what the police are looking for. Will he be helping, will he be in the shadows? It would be nice to have a clue as to who we are dealing with.

This case has so many heartbreaking components. First the loss and lack of answers for her son and family. As you point out however, the community still has to wonder and worry about their own loved ones safety. I am so sorry Jessica isn't home and you are all suffering from the lack of information and progress not being made. Your concerns need to be validated and addressed-something I think LE has failed to do at all.

jmo

Consider this rumor only as I have no link, but imagine my surprise when SF appeared on my FB feed today-a big selfie closeup saying how she loves working at Sternberg Exxon. Apparently she is friends with someone I know, and had tagged him with a whole bunch of other people. One of those tagged-KW. It was a little shocking, as I have never met her, but she has definitely been on my mind.

Still think it wasn't a local who did this.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 - #4

Didn't they bring in some Secret Service help from Detroit? Thought that would be to
analyze credit card data.

I thought a combination of ccard data and cell phone pings restricted to out-of-state addressses/numbers would've elicited solid leads in this case.

Seems LE is hopelessly hung up on it being a local. Tho at this point, I can't see how it
could be. Very small town environment, somebody would've said/seen something by now.

As for Norton SHores being 'small town'... yes and no. It is not like it is an isolated berg full of mom and pop grocery stores etc. It has a large mall, surrounded by upscale restaurants
( at least by our standards out here... I mean like Olive Garden, Red Lobster... ) Parts of NS are very developed. AND.. it borders on Muskegon and Muskegon Heights. Sadly, both areas are fairly high crime areas. So if you are picturing a small beach town area.. no, it is not like that. Parts are, but parts are definitely not. Jessica could absolutely have many acquaintances from Muskegon- which has some very unsavory areas. ( I work there, have for many years... and it is going downhill fast) So it is not a surprise to me that no one has turned in a silver van... there are hundreds around here. No one 'recognizes' the person in the sketch? ( which I dont believe anyhow..but that is a different story..) Not like you are dealing with a small community all around who would notice it looks like a neighbor... 5 min away you could be at the projects, or in an area most of us would not walk around in after dark... Flutterby, would you say that is an accurate description of the area? I think some of the folks on WS may be picturing the area as being much 'smaller' than it is, and dont realize that it is also very close to some less than neighborly areas...

As for Norton SHores being 'small town'... yes and no. It is not like it is an isolated berg full of mom and pop grocery stores etc. It has a large mall, surrounded by upscale restaurants
( at least by our standards out here... I mean like Olive Garden, Red Lobster... ) Parts of NS are very developed. AND.. it borders on Muskegon and Muskegon Heights. Sadly, both areas are fairly high crime areas. So if you are picturing a small beach town area.. no, it is not like that. Parts are, but parts are definitely not. Jessica could absolutely have many acquaintances from Muskegon- which has some very unsavory areas. ( I work there, have for many years... and it is going downhill fast) So it is not a surprise to me that no one has turned in a silver van... there are hundreds around here. No one 'recognizes' the person in the sketch? ( which I dont believe anyhow..but that is a different story..) Not like you are dealing with a small community all around who would notice it looks like a neighbor... 5 min away you could be at the projects, or in an area most of us would not walk around in after dark... Flutterby, would you say that is an accurate description of the area? I think some of the folks on WS may be picturing the area as being much 'smaller' than it is, and dont realize that it is also very close to some less than neighborly areas...

I'm familiar with Grand Rapids and have been there several times. DH and I know folks who live a little farther north in the "really" small towns of Montague and Whitehall. In terms of population and geographical area, I'd offer that Norton Shores is somewhere in the middle. :moo:

http://www.nortonshores.org/

I am going to respond to a couple of posts.

Woe, exactly. I couldn't agree more. I do get confirmations from the police when I send tips in. I do ask questions, and if they can answer they do. What they don't do, is put our minds at ease publicly. 5 months is a very long time, but also a very short time. Jessica, could be suffering daily for 5 months, while we are comfortable. It is all perspective. So, ease our minds. Are we safe? I hope so, but if it was a random act then not at all. Is she alive? Dear God I hope so, and I hope she is strong. So strong. Otherwise, how long before he starts hunting? It was pretty clean, was this the first time? No leads. Small amount of blood. These long waits between press conferences really burns me. Leaving us to think the worst.

Flutterby, I would have puked.

A number of hunting reports are appearing on the internet across Michigan of the game taken and the hunters name. There have been no reports of hunters finding human remains,clothing, or motor vehicles.

You are right. Although we have great beaches, we are by no means a resort town. Lots of factory workers here. There are smaller, more touristy towns around us-whitehall, ludington and traverse city to the north and grand haven, holland and saugatuck to the south. We are immediately bordered by the city of Muskegon and Muskegon Heights, which are, for the most part, poor and getting more violent every year. I'm actually getting quite disgusted with this area, which is extremely segregated by race and class. Everyone has an attitude. I have noticed that some media has portrayed us as a sleepy little resort town, but this is definitely not the case.

:seeya::seeya:
Interview: Ride for Jessica Heeringa

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/muskegon-county/interview-ride-for-jessica-heeringa-october-4-2013

Jessica's Grandmother takes part in this short interview, and states that money is being raised for their own investigators.

Hopefully the silence being projected by LE regarding Jessica's disappearance is a positive sign.
I am guessing the private detectives mentioned in this interview are the same ones reported earlier that Facebook was funding. This was a great post to let everyone know about the ride for Jessica. LE has all the minivans to go through,all the tips still coming in to go through,and followup on several possible people that have not been eliminated. There is no new news from the hunters.If one carefully reads all LE posts they will realize that LE has not completely eliminated anyone. This includes the credit card people that Jessica was a witness to. Jessica can use all the help the public can give.:back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back:

Nice if the money goes to private investigators... I know a lot of people donated money to help the family, which is very appreciated Im sure, but does not do anything to help find her. And people MAY talk to a PI faster than they would the cops...

Hunting licences for wolves have almost sold out in one day. No news on the number of hunters planning to hunt tomorrow. Even if hunters discover clothing or other items in the forest there will probably be a lag time of about two days before it reaches the media.

They hunt for wolves? :notgood::tears:
What do they do with them?

I think this is the first year I have heard of it actually. ANd no wolves here in south west Michigan.. I am guessing maybe in the Upper Peninsula?

:seeya::seeya:
They hunt for wolves? :notgood::tears:
What do they do with them?
About 1200 licenses are sold . Each hunter has to call in as soon as he has killed one. The number allowed to be killed is 40. They will close the season on them when that number is reached. The skin and head will be mounted on the wall or put on the floor in the hunters cabin.:pillowfight2::pillowfight2::pillowfight2::pillowfight2::pillowfight2::pillowfight2:

It sounds brutal, and I am not a hunter (too girly lol) but hunting quotas are usually to keep the population in check. If they didn't do this, then the influx of wolves would either start eating people's pets (or attacking people!) or slowly starving to death.

I think this is the first year I have heard of it actually. ANd no wolves here in south west Michigan.. I am guessing maybe in the Upper Peninsula?

To the best of my knowledge, the only wolves in Michigan are in the UP. There are coyotes in Oakland County :eek: While it's been only one at a time, we've seen coyotes in the wooded area behind our house. Further north in the county, packs of coyotes have been spotted.

I've actually seen a (dead) mountain lion. In the Chicago burbs. Seriously.

Ok sorry no more OT from me.

It is a bittersweet day for Jessica's family today. What an outpour of love from strangers. There is a couple of short video's on FJH page. It is really sweet. I honestly don't have many words, but I make sure I keep coming back to her thread here to comment. To share hope, and sometimes a little distress over her situation. I just will never forget a girl I don't even know.

Looks (and sounds!) like the Ride For Jessica was an awesome event, well-organized, and with good participation. I hope that the bikers reminded those along their route that Jessica is still missing and that she needs to be brought home to those who love her. :tyou: to those who organized and participated in this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member