MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the witness still works there. Within the past year, so do her sister and niece.

There are a few locals posting here, myself included, but none of us know Jessica as far as I know.

Almost everyone I personally know thinks Jessica was probably taken by someone she knows. It's the overwhelming theory on social media as well.

Wow, sounds like a "family run" business!! Or a family affair!!
Interesting!!
IMOO.

I don't agree with the women not likingJessica theory and taking her. I think 95%_+ abductions of women are by men for sexual purposes. Therefore it is a man and probably only one man(he would not want to share her). The about 830 visit by the bluish silver minivan seen by two witnesses could be the same person in a silver minivan at 11pm on the tapes. Two vans causing a lot of problems.

Has anyone ever organized a search party in hoffmaster state park or the area the RF hunts or fishes? Did rf have access to boat that night?

I believe Hoffmaster State Park was one of the first parks they checked, iirc (not that that necessarily rules that area out)---(going back to look, I thought some of her friends searched there, i can visualize the trail---turkey hunting shots fired?)---HSP is SWt of NS iirc? Looking for post(s)---

Eta: Oh, and Michigander, welcome to WS :smile:

:welcome5:

Eta: Here's the msm on it:

Jessica Heeringa search under way at P.J. Hoffmaster State Park in Norton Shores
Print John S. Hausman | jhausman@mlive.com By John S. Hausman | jhausman@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on May 02, 2013 at 6:38 PM, updated May 03, 2013 at 12:50 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_search_under.html

-fbd6426d2ae8fd1a.JPG

"A Michigan State Police Canine Unit prepares to start a search at Hoffmaster State Park on Thursday, May 2, 2013. Norton Shores and Michigan State Police conducted the search in relation to Jessica Heeringa's alleged abduction, but only as a precautionary measure."

"NORTON SHORES, MI – A task force investigating the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa conducted a helicopter and ground search early Thursday evening of P.J. Hoffmaster State Park.

The aerial search by a Michigan State Police helicopter began around 5 p.m. and was concluded before 6 p.m. As of shortly before 6 p.m., Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said he didn’t know the results of that sweep.

The helicopter then flew north to search an unidentified area north of Muskegon.

A ground search by Michigan State Police K-9 dogs was still under way shortly after 6 p.m. Dogs and police were searching a heavily wooded area south of the sprawling park’s day parking area. Shaw said the beach area is still open to visitors."

oh, that's the right, the eyeglasses, not hers, right?

This article says someone at Jessica's work did not like her and was jealous of her. I had not heard that before.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/04/jessica_heeringas_mother_my_li.html
Without giving too much information, Shelly Heeringa said Jessica -- described as pretty, friendly, smart and hard-working -- wasn’t well-liked by everyone.

Female co-workers had it out for her, she said, but the customers at Exxon adored her.

“The (female co-workers) didn’t like her at all. She had just gotten a raise. I think a lot of people were just jealous of Jess,” she said. “She was friendly. She was helpful.”

Interesting. Just saw this post. Thanks, Patience. :wave:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_search_under.html

I'm going back over the article re: Hoffmaster State Park search. It says a tip was received that they saw a vehicle matching the description in the area early morning.

"The search was spurred by a tip around noon Thursday, May 2, by a person who came to the Norton Shores Police Department and reported hearing gunshots around 7:30 to 7:45 a.m. Saturday, April 27, and seeing a silver minivan in or near the park around the same time."

I don't believe a word about the mini van or composite.
All a distraction from the sister.
Are you telling me she is smarter than the local LE?

I don't know that I would discredit the silver mini van as there are so many of them that it's possible that the perp was actually driving one. In my neck of the woods (Oakland County, MI), I see dozens of silver minivans and/or SUVs every time I'm out on the local roads. Not to mention that the witness says that the vehicle resembles one driven by her family member. How convenient!

The sketch is an entirely different matter. There is so much detail that someone should have been able to identify the person of interest. No one has done so. I think that the sketch is a composite of several different men known to the witness/es. The sketch is almost buffoonish which leads me to believe that it isn't a real person - more like an imaginary character. :moo:

I don't know that I would discredit the silver mini van as there are so many of them that it's possible that the perp was actually driving one. In my neck of the woods (Oakland County, MI), I see dozens of silver minivans and/or SUVs every time I'm out on the local roads. Not to mention that the witness says that the vehicle resembles one driven by her family member. How convenient!

The sketch is an entirely different matter. There is so much detail that someone should have been able to identify the person of interest. No one has done so. I think that the sketch is a composite of several different men known to the witness/es. The sketch is almost buffoonish which leads me to believe that it isn't a real person - more like an imaginary character. :moo:

Well I'm confused on how she was able to get that good of a look at him when she said that all she could see was the top of his head over the van. It was dark out. And they were parked aways away.

And if she thought Jessica was stealing why were they able to get that good of a look at the guy yet not be able to see what he was putting in the back of his van. That doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Well I'm confused on how she was able to get that good of a look at him when she said that all she could see was the top of his head over the van. It was dark out. And they were parked aways away.

And if she thought Jessica was stealing why were they able to get that good of a look at the guy yet not be able to see what he was putting in the back of his van. That doesn't make any sense.

That's the point: There's no way that someone could describe the person in such detail when it was dark. The sketch is a figment of the witness' imagination. :moo:

Well, lets just give credit.. but only where it's due. Even IF they were able to see that much detail, they were only able to see HALF of this persons face at best. There's NO WAY that a streetlight could just illuminate someones face to to point of recognizable features. And even so..If I were a criminal..I'd be staying AWAY from areas with even that much light.

I'm imagining a sketch artist sitting down with the witness and saying "Low or High Cheekbones?" and the witness just saying whatever comes out of their mouth instead of what could be the most accurate.

I'd say that IF the sketch isn't a total ruse..it's less than 30% accurate. In my own, honest opinion..I've decided that it's no longer relevant.

That's the point: There's no way that someone could describe the person in such detail when it was dark. The sketch is a figment of the witness' imagination. :moo:

Yeah, I agree with you.
I think most of us here are kind of on the same page for the most part when it comes to who we think is not being truthful and obviously why.

Its just driving me up the wall to see something so obvious and still see no justice yet or answers as to where Jessica is.

I can't light one either. I can select one, I can also fill in everything needed, but when I have to click to light it, then nothing happens. I'm using an iPad, I think that's the reason.

No, not just an iPad problem. I just had the same exact thing happen to me on my PC.

Alright- a couple things that I have notice... I have read from page 27-31 (current) so there are a lot of things I want to point out...

I do not think that DQD went to exxon- he is typically referred to as fiancé versus boyfriend so I BELIEVE that when there is a reference to boyfriend it is referring to JA and RF.

I have seen quite a few comments such as "Why didn't LE share this earlier- it could have helped" I feel that by releasing the information now they are putting extra pressure on the individual(s) responsible for this crime and if the public continues to see the holes in their stories maybe the increase in pressure will lead to more evidence. Until recently I had not heard that the manager was trying to see if JH was stealing. I think that it makes everyone question the story and why people were where they were at certain times.

I am local and have seen "fresh" posters up. I think that everyone really wants to have a conclusion to this sad story.

What bothers me is that the manager happen to have her husband with to back her story up. How convenient.

There are sliver vans everywhere. I became even more "aware" of silver vans after JH disappeared. it may be a coincidence.... maybe the witness "thought" of a go to vehicle knowing that the family members was out of town (this has been proven)

Also if you know someone with a particular vehicle (say a silver mini van) and you always look to see if it is them as you are passing one on the road you may have noticed that there are a TON of them.... it is a lot easier to describe a generic vehicle that you see several of daily versus describing an lesser seen vehicle.

Not to mention when working at a gas station I am sure that you see many vehicles, this is maybe a more common one based on who comes to the pumps...

I decided to go back and read from the beginning. I got through the first 2 threads, but I noticed that the pictures I took are gone. Unless I took them later, but I thought it was within a week or 2 of Jessica's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred