Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

I wasn't asking who said she was last seen there. I was asking who saw her there.

Here's a map I made.

image.jpg

I have Kimberly hitch hiking out of Brightmoore with a green pin. (I have know way of knowing where she was at in Brightmoore, so I just dropped the pin in the middle on 5-Mile road because that's the main drag that runs through Brightmoore.) I gathered this information from internet post made by a woman who was claiming to be Cindy her younger sister.

I have Christina hitch hiking in Redford with a red pin at 5-mile and Pamona Dr. (This is information I gathered from Internet post made by a man claiming he was her boyfriend at the time, and saw her hitch hiking in that spot.

I put a red pin at 8-mile and Merriman Rd, where it's alleged that Kimberly was last seen.

I'm sorry I messed up. Kimberly is hitch hiking out Brightmoore with a red pin. Christina is hitch hiking out of Redford with a green pin, and Kimberly is last seen at 8-mile and Merrimum with a purple pin.

I wasn't asking who said she was last seen there. I was asking who saw her there.

If you followed the link that I shared, there is an image of a news article that describes the circumstances of her disappearance. Where she was last seen and by whom.

Cindy IS Kim's younger sister. I've been working with her on Kim's case.

If you followed the link that I shared, there is an image of a news article that describes the circumstances of her disappearance. Where she was last seen and by whom.

Cindy IS Kim's younger sister. I've been working with her on Kim's case.

Why would Kimberly's boyfriend's brother give her a ride to 8 Mile and Merriman, an intersection that was several miles from her home, instead of just giving her a ride all the way home? That isn't adding up for me.

that is an excellent question.

8/Merriman --> Green Oak Twp/South Lyon. Essentially, US-23 and 8 mile, that's a LONG drive. My family has a cottage over there, in Hamburg, I've driven this route many times.

I will ask Cindy if she knows.

What I've heard, since I can't say for certain, is that her boyfriend didn't have a car. Her boyfriend's brother walked her to an intersection in their neighborhood and she put out her thumb. The brother wrote down the license plate of the car that picked her up. That car took her as far as 8/Merriman.

I've heard that police cleared the boyfriend, the brother and the driver who left her in Livonia.

What I've heard, since I can't say for certain, is that her boyfriend didn't have a car. Her boyfriend's brother walked her to an intersection in their neighborhood and she put out her thumb. The brother wrote down the license plate of the car that picked her up. That car took her as far as 8/Merriman.

I've heard that police cleared the boyfriend, the brother and the driver who left her in Livonia.

I think this is somewhat part of what I heard when I was 11-years-old. I think I remember scratching my head, and asking myself how this man was cleared from being a suspect in Kimberly's murder so quickly?

Now that I'm an old man, I find myself asking that same question ?

Can you go and ask Cindy if she knows the answer to that?

So Kimberly was picked up by a stranger in Brightmoore, and boyfriend brother remembered his license plate # because the stranger seemed strange.

At some point, (we don't know when,) police interviewed stranger, and deduced that he was being truthful, that he dropped Kimberly off at 8-Mile and Merriman Rd?

Here's my problem with that.

On June 30th, 1968 - 20-year-old art student Joan Schell disappeared after hitchhiking from a bus stop in Ypsilanti MI. She was trying to make her way to Ann Arbor MI, to visit her boyfriend. About a week after being last seen at the bus stop, her body was found by construction workers on an Ann Arbor roadside.

Two months after Schell's murder, police found two eyewitnesses who said they saw Schell walking with a man on Emmet Street the evening she disappeared. The eyewitnesses were not certain, but both thought the man might have been John Collins: a student at Eastern Michigan University.

image.jpg

Also, Collins physical features bore a likeness to the composite drawing police had generated of the driver of the vehicle that picked Schell up at the bus stop.

image.jpg

Police questioned Collins who denied ever knowing Schell. Collins told them he was at his mothers house in Center Line on June 29th, and 30th.

John Collins seemed like a very nice man, so police did not bother to check his alibi. In fact, several more women would be murdered, and it would not be until 1969, when police would learn that John Collins was not the nice gentleman they thought he was when they interviewed him in 1967. John Collins is known as the "Michigan Murderer."

In another example, on April 26, 2013, - 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa was working her job as a cashier at a gas station in Norton Shores MI.

A customer entered the gas station around 11:00PM to buy some gas, but Heeringa was no where to be found. The customer called police, and they came to investigate.

A woman who worked at the gas station, but not with Heeringa that night; told police that she and her husband were riding their motorcycles past the gas station when they saw a silver mini van pull to the back door of the station.

When they went back to investigate they saw a man loading something into the rear hatch of the van. The pair also captured a peek of the man as he drove past them.

image.jpg

A police sketch of the man described as wearing a bright red sweat shirt was generated, and issued to the press. A couple of weeks later, police received a tip from employees at a coffee shop who said the man looked very similar to one of their customers who sometimes wore a bright red sweat shirt, and drove a silver mini van.

Police tracked the man down, and learned that his name was Jeff Willis. Willis told police he was at his deceased grandfather's abandon house gathering wood to build a kennel for his dog on the night Heeringa disappeared.

image.jpg

Police quickly dismissed Willis as a suspect, and moved on to look for other clues. Another woman would be murdered, and years would go by until police got a call from a 16-year-old girl who reported that she had been kidnapped by a man driving a silver mini van.

Police investigated, and were able to track down her kidnapper; who's name happened to be Jeff Willis. After searching his van, they were able to link him to the abduction and murder of Jessica Heeringa, and a year or two old murder case of a woman named Rebekah Bletsch who was shot and killed while out jogging. Jeffery Willis is known as the "Muskegon Monster".

Those two examples are just a couple of reasons why I believe the stranger should be a suspect in Kimberly's abduction and murder.

Now, if 8-mile and Merriman has anything to do with Kimberly's abduction, then things get weird.

I made a map, and put a red pin on 8-mile and Merriman. I then placed another red pin by Brighten where it was said that Kimberly's body was found at the Park and Ride. What I came up with is a straight path.

But what I found in the middle of that path is somewhat chilling.

image.jpg

Do you see the purple pin in the middle of the path? That's right around the area of 12-Oaks-Mall, where 17-year-old Kellie Brownlee was said to have been hitchhiking, when she disappeared on May 20, 1982, exactly two months after Kimberly disappeared to the day.

On March 20, 1969, 23-year-old U of M student Jane Mixer disappeared after posting a note on a college bulletin board seeking a ride across the state to her hometown of Muskegon.

Mixer is the only Ann Arbor MI, murder victim that was not tied to John Norman Collins, the "Michigan Murderer". Mixer's body was found in a graveyard the day after she dissapeared.

Do these murders have anything in common?

Joan Mixer - March 20, 1969
Kimberly Louiselle - March 20, 1982
Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982
Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983

Is it possible that the murderer in these above cases, might have been somewhat of a John Collins copycat killer?

Molly Bish comes to mind.

Hi Cherry, thank you for your post, but I guess I should rephrase my words better. When I said Kimberly was picked up by a stranger I didn't mean "Rodney Stanger" the suspect in the Molly Bish murder. I ment that she was picked up by a stranger; someone she did not know.

wow, this case has alot of connections. I would think they are all connected somehow. I was born in 1985 so this is alittle before my time. Does anyone know where in Island Lake they found the body? I frequent there alot and had no idea. Also my father grew up in centerline, went to the same school as John Collins its always kind of spooked me. I know for a fact alot of people during that time would take drives out to Kensington lake for the weekend during the summer, its possible the suspect did this on the regular. Kensington lake is essentially the same as island lake just on the other side of the freeway, but still connected by a bike path.

Wow, you guys are doing a great job in this thread IMO. I have been trying to study this case but keep getting sucked in different directions that somehow link.

wow, this case has alot of connections. I would think they are all connected somehow. I was born in 1985 so this is alittle before my time. Does anyone know where in Island Lake they found the body? I frequent there alot and had no idea. Also my father grew up in centerline, went to the same school as John Collins its always kind of spooked me. I know for a fact alot of people during that time would take drives out to Kensington lake for the weekend during the summer, its possible the suspect did this on the regular. Kensington lake is essentially the same as island lake just on the other side of the freeway, but still connected by a bike path.

Awww, Island Lake... that's where my family spent so many days each summer when I was little, back in the 70s and early 80s...

Well, both girls where abducted on the weekend. So maybe the suspect had a regular 9 to 5. Or maybe its pure coincidence. Or maybe it was someone from the metro Detroit area whom frequented the state parks of Brighton on the weekend. I know, i know its alot of speculation. I hate the fact that everytime I go to Island lake Ill have this in the back of my head, I already have to deal with the thought that the SOB of Abby/libby is still out there walking trails. If you ever get the chance check out Island Lake, park at the big lake (kensington) on the south side of i-96 and walk south towards a cool trail in the woods, and the trail opens up to trout lake. Its a little secret place, well the secret just got alittle bigger. But if you can't make it up north for the weekend, it works as a good substitute. Its spring feed clean beach water.

From what I recall, her body was found near the "parking area" off i-96, about 100 feet into the woods. While she was "in the park" she likely was left there after someone parked in the park n ride lot.

This link to PDF of 2004 newspaper explains Castiglione's case pretty well and who law enforcement likes as a suspect in the case.

My recent conversation with MSP about Louiselle led me to believe that the cases are not related. Christina was found near Fowlerville, Kimberly many miles SE near the I-96/Kent Lake Road interchange

From what I recall, her body was found near the "parking area" off i-96, about 100 feet into the woods. While she was "in the park" she likely was left there after someone parked in the park n ride lot.

This link to PDF of 2004 newspaper explains Castiglione's case pretty well and who law enforcement likes as a suspect in the case.

My recent conversation with MSP about Louiselle led me to believe that the cases are not related. Christina was found near Fowlerville, Kimberly many miles SE near the I-96/Kent Lake Road interchange

Nina, the man that Sheriff Bezotte thought murdered Castiglione was the man that found her body.

They had a pretty good suspect at one time but DNA turned out negative a few years ago.

Castiglione's body was originally discovered by Ron Latilla and the circumstances by which Latilla was in the area were deemed suspicious early on. Latilla's brother owned property near the place where Castiglione was last seen alive and although he said he found the body while fishing and shooting in the woods, he had neither a rifle nor a fishing rod.

http://newscdn.newsrep.net/h5/nrsha...eclared_lan=en_us&pubaccount=ocms_0&showall=1

That said, I do feel there could be a possibility that the cases may not be related.

Gary Leiterman is in prison for the murder of Jane Mixer.

Yes you are correct Nina. His name is Gary Leiterman,

download.jpg

On July 22, 2005, he was found guilty for the 1969 murder of Jane Mixer after a few hour jury deliberation that took place on a Friday afternoon in Washtenaw County MI. Mr. Leiterman is currently serving a life without parole sentence at the E.C. Brooks Correctional Facility in Muskegon Michigan.

He is a man who loves to fish, hunt, and take pictures of nature.

He is a native from the Wayne/Westland MI area. Around 1977 he moved to Gobles MI, and around 1982 he started working at Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo as a registered nurse.

According to testimoney of a roommate at the Mixer trial who lived with Leiterman in Westland back in the late sixty's/early seventy's; Leiterman had a large collection of Newspaper articles in his closet pertaining to the Michigan Murders. The roommate also said Leiterman boasted about having possession of a drug that could render a woman unconscious.

Leiterman also had a .22 pistol and a target range in his basement. He reported the .22 pistol lost/stolen in 1987.

When Leiterman was arrested for Mixer's murder around 2004, police found in a nightstand by his bed two Polaroid photos of a 16-year-old female foreign exchange student who once lived at the Leiterman home.

The student who was presumably unconscious was lying on a bed with her dress pulled above her head. It was also said that the female was lying in a pose similar to the way Jane Mixer's body was found.

It is my opinion that Leiterman should be a possible suspect in Kimberly's murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back