MI - Neurosurgeon Dr. Devon Hoover, 53, found fatally shot during welfare check, Detroit, Apr 2023

I am from the area, Dr Hoover performed 2 back surgeries on my wife. He was an absolute professional and highly regarded around the Detroit area. LE is being unusually quiet on this case and giving very little info.

According to Detroit police, officers were called to a home in the 100 block of W Boston Blvd for a well-being check. After entering the home, they found a 53-year-old man fatally shot.

Hoover was found wrapped in a sheet in the attic of his home with a single gunshot wound. Police also said his car was found dumped in a separate location.

ETA -- They said it could be tied to a domestic situation.

Police found Devon Hoover, 53, dead from a bullet to his head on Sunday. Officers went to his home in the Boston-Edison Historic District on a welfare check and discovered the deceased neurosurgeon.

Details surrounding the death are slim, although Detroit police have said homicide detectives are investigating.

After police were called Sunday to conduct a wellness check at the neurosurgeon's home in the 100 block of West Boston Boulevard, the source said officers found Hoover's body in the upstairs crawlspace, wrapped in a blanket.

A funeral is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit.

So the autopsy is already done, body released for burial? That seems fast, imo.

A car belonging to the respected Michigan neurosurgeon who was found dead and wrapped in a sheet in his ritzy Detroit home over the weekend was dumped at a different location — and authorities still haven’t revealed a suspect.

< >

However, his vehicle was mysteriously discovered abandoned on the city’s west side, Fox 2 reported. The exact whereabouts of the car were unclear.

Slain Michigan neurosurgeon Devon Hoover’s car discovered away from home
Hopefully, his car has current technology and there will be some information that is significant to the case, as well as fingerprints or DNA of the most recent driver.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, his car has current technology and there will be some information that is significant to the case, as well as fingerprints or DNA of the most recent driver.

<modsnip>

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> I believe he drove a Bentley.

Dr. Hoover's memorial service will be held at the exquisite

Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament

Pope John Paul II visited in 1987.
Home - Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament
Screenshot 2023-04-27 11.18.05 AM.png
Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament - Wikipedia

His obituary is incomplete as his family composes one. Tributes may be read here:
Devon A. Hoover, M.D. Obituary, November 18, 1969 - April 23, 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
The body was found in an attic crawlspace? I wonder what led police to actually find the body in such an obscure space in a very large house. Maybe cadaver dogs led them there. How much time lapsed before he was last seen alive and the well-being check was called in?

The body was found in an attic crawlspace? I wonder what led police to actually find the body in such an obscure space in a very large house. Maybe cadaver dogs led them there. How much time lapsed before he was last seen alive and the well-being check was called in?
Speculating ... blood trail or odor? Wonder if they recovered his cell phone. Even if they don't have the physical phone the cell phone carrier will have records that may help. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753
Back