MI MI - Oakland County Child Killer, "The Babysitter Murders" , 1976-77 #2

Just thought i would throw this case out there its simillar she was taken while babysitting her name is donna awcock now it;s a few years later 1983 and in canada but SK do move around just thought it was interesting and maybe a possible connection..

CanManEh, thanks for digging up a lot of these old cases. If not for you, I would miss them. Much appreciated! Off to read up on this....

Just watched a special on Michael Dean Grant's capture. His son mentioned that he is a viable suspect in this case, but I haven't seen him linked in any article. Perhaps it was an old show (Devil Beside Me)

Surprised I hadn't heard of this one. Hoping it comes to a close soon.

Were any suspects or POIs in this case still active and in the area at beginning of 1990s?

Were any suspects or POIs in this case still active and in the area at beginning of 1990s?
None that I know of. Ronald Lloyd Bailey murdered two boys in Oakland County in the 1980s, but he was arrested in 1985. One of the two boys, Kenneth Myers (14), was from Ferndale. The other boy, Shawn Moore (13), was from Brighton. Some people suggested Bailey as an OCCK suspect, but he was too young. He would have only been about 16 at the time of the first OCCK killing.

What happened to the imminent arrest we were going to have in 2012 as soon as LE got the DNA results?

Sadly, the person who did this seems to have gotten away with it. It's possible that the person might not even be alive anymore or could be in prison for something else, or might have moved far away. I think a lot of evidence in this case was mishandled. The murder of D'Wan Sims in the Detroit area has never been solved either, although I suspect his mother, maybe with someone else, killed him and hid his body.

Does anyone know why Oliver Rhodes Andrews isn't a suspect for these murders? Was he incarcerated when some of them took place?

Does anyone know why Oliver Rhodes Andrews isn't a suspect for these murders? Was he incarcerated when some of them took place?

The murder of Sheila Srock was initially counted among the OCK's murders. When Andrews was arrested, he confessed and authorities were satisfied that he was not the OCK. (No forensic link, most likely, not to mention the wildly different signature elements.)

Barry King, who is Timothy King's dad, started a Facebook page - this year marks the 40th anniversary of the murders, and there is a link to Channel 7's update on the investigation. I know it's a longshot, but I hope something breaks in this case before his time on this earth is over.

https://www.facebook.com/afathersstoryocck/

Oakland County Child Killer case remains unsolved 40 years later

By Kevin Dietz - Reporter

Posted: 6:58 PM, February 09, 2016

Updated: 11:42 PM, February 09, 2016

Next week marks the official 40th anniversary for the Oakland County Child Killer case.

If you lived in southeast Michigan at the time, you likely know the story. Four children between the ages of 10 and 12 were abducted and held for days before being killed during a 13-month period from February 1976 to March 1977.

The entire region was frozen in fear of a person who became known as the Oakland County Child Killer. That person remains unknown.

The victims' families have said time and again that finding the killer is a cycle of hope and heartbreak...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders/oakland-county-child-killer-40-years-later

Can anyone who has read the 'Wolf in Sheep's Clothing' book verify whether it's worth whatever the surely absurd shipping fees will be to cross the pond. I feel that having it is like a contractual obligation for being interested in the case as there's not much other reading material to go on, but if it's an unverifiable and a frustrating read then I best just save the money and hope to see a torrent of it or whatever surface one day.

I found this interesting...read the history for Ronald Bailey

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/31/shawn-moore-timeline/71322442/

None that I know of. Ronald Lloyd Bailey murdered two boys in Oakland County in the 1980s, but he was arrested in 1985. One of the two boys, Kenneth Myers (14), was from Ferndale. The other boy, Shawn Moore (13), was from Brighton. Some people suggested Bailey as an OCCK suspect, but he was too young. He would have only been about 16 at the time of the first OCCK killing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd stop back in here. Haven't checked this thread since 2011. Back then I had a rather spirited exchange with a woman who claimed she was an "insider" on this case and was privy to information the general public was not given. She claimed the Kings were about to name a hitherto unknown suspect that was going to blow this whole thing wide open. Five years later, I'm still waiting. And all these media reports about new suspects and grand juries being called into review new evidence--still waiting. Somebody else here states that OCCK was already identified as Chris Busch. Hint: No, he was not.

New to websleuths. P.I. in real life. Fairly consistent listener to Coast to Coast radio. Last night, open lines- a lady mentioned a case with children being laid out in the snow, new info about a car...George left it at that break time or out of time. I Googled as her short description seemed like a case I have never read about before.
Meanwhile:
After Googling & reading then reading further on web-sleuth threads, I came across a "Bob." (I think- as I read a lot here and on topix.) This writer mentioned ritualistic utilities involving the OCCK.
ABSOLUTELY, agree. I would like to pick that convo back up or share info with this writer. I have a cases from the 1980's. I have a case from 1989 that has been an assigned focus for the past 2 years. I feel this killer/s moved to Indiana, Illinois, Missouri after Michigan. Security guards, Firemen, posdibly cops involved also. I feel this killer/s have stopped since about the late 90's. Maybe from age- maybe because technology put a damper on their old ways... I feel the time is now because they are growing old, tired... or some have possibly passed. (Some of them.)

I stumbled upon this case at work on Monday—I'm an editor for a publishing house that publishes true crime books, among other thing—and realized that I was, I'm fairly certain, almost one of the victims of OCCK.

When I was 5 or 6, I was with my dad at Oakland University one day while he was meeting with a professor at an office in Vandenburg Hall. (This was either fall of 1976 or spring of 77, probably the former, still trying to nail it down.) I was waiting in a little lounge down the hall—I was probably being too disruptive—when this strange guy walked in, shaggy black or dark hair, sideburns, bulky army-type or maybe dungaree jacket. He comes over and sits very close to me on the couch—we were the only people in the room. I was immediately uncomfortable and got up and left the room, and went and sat just outside the open door of the office. After a minute or two, the guy appeared at the end of the hallway, maybe 50 feet from me, feet slightly apart, hands in his jacket pockets, and gestures with his head, nodding toward his shoulder, for me to come with him. Scared the hell out of me. I shook my head "no." He never spoke, nor did I. My dad either saw me shaking my head at someone or sensed something was off and stuck his head out the door, and the guy split pretty quick. (I talked to my dad about this today—for many years I thought I was the only one who saw the guy, but he remembers seeing him too.) As we left the building, I remember looking around for him in the hallways, and stepping outside, turning back to see if he was hiding behind a tree or something, but I didn't see him again.

My memory of this is incident is pretty vivid, even after 40 years—he just exuded this dark, malignant vibe. Some weeks or maybe months later, I was at the Perry Drug store near our house in Pontiac and saw a police composite sketch on the cover of the paper and knew I was looking at his face.

I've told this story to family and friends perhaps a dozen-odd times over the years, with no other context than that of a scary childhood memory. Fast forward four decades, and I'm reading about the case at my desk a few days ago—had never hear the phrase OCCK, I just remember all the "stranger danger" talks at school and at home around this time. Clicking on a few links, I full-screen this mugshot of Greg Green(e), one of the prime suspects, and it turned by blood to ice water. I'm as certain as I can be that this is the guy—shaggy hair, sideburns, and those eyes. I also remember that his head tilted slightly to one side, and all three mugshots I have seen his head is slightly inclined in the same way. Another mugshot showed him in a bulky jacket like the one I remember, affirming that detail.

It's all rattled me a bit—learning what happened to these other kids, that their last days were unimaginable terrifying and painful and to take in the fact that I maybe was almost one of them. Anyway, I don't think these details will break the case or anything, but they might as well be part of the record, maybe might corroborate some other fact or timeline (waiting on OCSD to call me back).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back