GUILTY MI - Ricky Holland, 7, Williamston, 1 July 2005

well he sounds very resourceful and hopefully that means he's still alive. even at 3 a child living under the conditions they mentioned can learn a great deal about survival. anda 7 year old, gone for an unknown amount of time before they noticed him missing could easily get farther than 1.5 miles, right?

Seven years old is so young. I would be so sick with worry I don't know what I'd do. I hope to God that he'll be okay.

What an odd thing for the police to say, to stay home so they can bring Ricky home to them.

I've never seen that done before, telling the parents to stay put right there, except in cases where it seems pretty obvious they're dealing with a family murder. Like in the Scott Peterson case, they said you go stay right there.

This sounds really like a VERY VERY odd police reaction to me.

KatherineQ said:
What an odd thing for the police to say, to stay home so they can bring Ricky home to them.

I've never seen that done before, telling the parents to stay put right there, except in cases where it seems pretty obvious they're dealing with a family murder. Like in the Scott Peterson case, they said you go stay right there.

This sounds really like a VERY VERY odd police reaction to me.

It would also be done if the parents are so distraught that they are unable to follow directions, or maybe that more time would be spent taking care of them that could be better used during the search. Also, they would say that if the parents are disabled.

Apparently he is pretty clever for a little kid. I read on AMW's website that he ran away before and hid in a tree while people where searching for him below. Didn't say a single word. I think the police will find him eventually and bring him home. I hope his parents get him help-- he obviously has some trust issues from his birth parents giving him up and being adopted.

Can't the local national guard or police bring in infrared detectors to get this child home?

They are checking local rivers now and the adoptive parents have taken lie detector tests to help police rule them out as suspects. Reports of sightings continue to come in. Unless he has some help, i.e. a friend supplying food, I find it hard to believe after all this time he is just running around hiding. As hot as it has been here, he would be hungry and dehydrated by now.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050712/NEWS01/507120335/1001/news
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3585795&nav=0Rcec3X5

I saw some news footage of Lisa Holland and she was crying so hard she could barely speak. :( Starting me bawling, too!

They think he had anywhere from $3 to $5 in his piggy bank. I just can't imagine anyone at a convenience store not noticing him if he came in to buy some food or a drink.

Does anyone know this area well enough to know if there are any creeks or waterways where he could be getting water to drink? It sounds like, even as young as he is, he knows how to take care of himself.

My biggest fear is that with all of the news about him being out there, pedophiles in the area will have heard about it, too. Some sick-o might go out looking for him, and catch him. Even though he's run away before he's never been gone this long before. I got the impression from seeing the parents on TV that they think he would be home by now if he was able.

He did take 12 fruit bars and they have only found 2 wrappers (not sure if they're from Ricky or not.) This is a parents worse nightmare. I can't imagine that I would not be absolutely losing my mind if my child disappeared. I don't think they make drugs strong enough to dull that kind of pain.

Praying for Ricky and his family.

I think this search has been hampered by very poor picture graphics. I've only seen two headshots - both look like baby pictures - one with long hair, one with a crew cut.

I think they need to make it CLEAR this child would look like a very heavy 4 year old, and they need to describe his hair.

To mistake a 13 year old boy wearing a red t-shirt for this boy - it seems like searchers frankly have no idea what they're looking for.

There's something about this story that doesn't sound right to me.

The window was open, the bed was pushed up against the window, in a first floor room? The dad knocked on the door of a 7 year old to wake him up, but he didn't go into the room, even after hearing no response? Because he "trusts" him, although he's got ADHD and bipolar?

I don't believe it. I think that's why the cops are telling them to stay out of it, because they don't believe it either.

Prayers he's found safe. I just . . . don't believe what they're saying.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=33109

Has anyone read that they are through with land searches and are now searching the Cedar River, the same name as the river Evelyn was found in. I do not know if it runs through several states or just has the same name.

Police issuing cards in search for boy

WILLIAMSTON - Dive teams searched the Red Cedar River on Tuesday, but had no findings to report on the search for Ricky Holland.

The Ingham County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a news conference in Mason today to introduce the Deliver Me Home cards with Ricky's picture on them that will be issued to area residents.

At least 62,000 cards will be issued in the search for the 7-year-old boy who police believe ran away from home July 1.

Ricky is 3-foot-5 and weighs 55 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a gray shirt and red pajama-style pants. Anyone with information about Ricky's disappearance is asked to call sheriff's officials at 676-8211.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050713/NEWS01/507130342/1001/news

I fear the same thing IrishLass.

http://lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050713/NEWS01/507130370

Published July 13, 2005

Post Office to distribute flyers on missing Williamston boy
Midday update

By Tricia Bobeda
Lansing State Journal

MASON - The Ingham County Sheriff's Office is teaming up with the United States Postal Service to deliver 65,000 flyers with a photo and information about 7-year-old Ricky Holland.
Holland has been missing since July 1.

This is the first time the Deliver Me Home program has been used in Michigan. It began in February of 2004 and is a collaboration between the USPS and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Letter and rural carriers will deliver the posters in nine surrounding ZIP codes today and Thursday.

The ZIP codes included in the mailing are Fowlerville, Morrice, Perry, Webberville, Williamston, Michigan Center and three separate Jackson codes.

For more of this story, read Thursday's Lansing State Journal.

Contact Tricia Bobeda at 377-1213 or tbobeda@lsj.com.

What a horribly sad story. I honestly hope that he is found and found safe. I personally do not think from what we have heard that the parents have anything to do with it. I ran away once when I was about 7 however, I didn't have the guts to stay gone more than an hour or two. I was a wuss as a child and I get the feeling that this child is not a wuss. I also have the feeling he can take care of himself pretty good. I pray for his safe return home.

I am amazed that they have not found this child yet...I hope and pray that one of those 69 sex offenders have not gotten hold of him. It does sound like the boy was very resourceful, especially after reading about the transient lifestyle his biological mother lead. I'm even more amazed at the resourcefulness of this child though!

follow this link for updated info: http://www.weyi.com/home/1661032.html

There was a possible sighting this morning, July 15, at approximately 4:30am in Clayton Township. Loren Bunger was driving when he spotted a duffel bag and then a child in a ditch on Bristol Road.

Let's all hope that it is Ricky and they bring him home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back