MI MI - Siblings Keiara and Kenneth Humphrey, 6 and 8 y.o., Inkster, 24 September 2015

annzonia

Reaction score
Hi! While browsing the NamUs database for something else, I stumbled upon the case of siblings Keiara and Kenneth Humphrey:
These kids reportedly went missing on September 24, 2015. Beyond this, there's no further information available, no pics, nothing—it's as though they've disappeared off the face of the earth. According to NamUs, the case is assigned to Det. Jon Munson of the Inkster Police Department, contact number (313) 563-9850, Agency Case Number 15-12039.

Here's where things get strange: This case bears a striking resemblance to the more widely known disappearance of Kaylah N. Hunter (female, 6 years old, African American, NamUs #MP24916 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) and her half-brother Kristian Justice (male, 9 months old, African American, NamUs #MP24915 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)), who went missing along with their mother Alicia Fox in Detroit MI on May 24, 2014. Alicia was found murdered on June 9, 2014. Despite Erin Justice, her husband, confessing to the murder and receiving a sentence of 45-80 years, he was unwilling or unable to provide information about the whereabouts of Kaylah and Kristian. Another individual was given a lighter sentence for assisting Erin in disposing of Alicia’s body, but no further connections to the children’s disappearance have been established.

The parallels are eerie: Keiara Humphrey and Kaylah N. Hunter both have the initials "K.H." and were the same age and race. Their brothers, Kenneth Humphrey (another "K.H.") and Kristian Justice ("K."), also went missing with them. The disappearances occurred in neighboring cities (Inkster is essentially a city suburb of Detroit), just 16 months apart. It might be tempting to speculate about a common connection to Erin Justice or his accomplice, but Erin was already incarcerated and waiting to be sentenced during the time of the Humphreys' disappearance, and his accomplice just seem to be a misguided guy helping a friend.

Does anyone have any insights or further information about these cases? Could there be a mistake in the NamUs entries, or is there another explanation for these unsettling similarities?

<mod note: added links to NamUs profiles>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter and Justice? No, they are not a family abduction. The two Humphrey kids? Most certainly.
I would tend to agree if the parallels and similarities, as well as the geographical and temporal proximity of the disappearances of both pairs of children, weren't so extraordinary. I've reviewed all other active cases of child disappearances in Michigan from this century listed on NAMUS, and I haven't found any others that are so closely aligned ---by far. I'm now about to check the neighboring states.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithstarr
Back