MI MI - Sylvia Torgow, 18, Plymouth, 17 Sept 1970

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Sylvia Torgow
Nickname/Alias Yvonne Bauldrey, Sylvia Campbell, Vickie Boyle, JOyce Boyle, Lara Foster, Lora Foster, Lorrie Lorry, Vivian Boyle
Wayne County, Michigan
18 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Blond/Strawberry Hair
Hazel Eyes

Scar left arm and forehead
Tattoo: Right hand

Circumstances: Sylvia Torgow escaped from the Huron Valley Women's Prison in 1970. She is originally from Florida.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway

Fingerprint information is available and entered

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34291/

More Aliases on arrest record: https://www.policearrests.com/arrests/sylvia_torgow_id_6504381.html

JOYCE VIVIAN BOYLE | LARA FOSTER | LORA LUELLA FOSTER | LORRIE LORRY | SYLVIA CAMPBELL | SYLVIA KATHERINE TORGOW | VICKIE BOYLE | VIVIAN JAYCE BOYLE | VIVIAN JOYCE BOYLE | YVONNE BAULDREY

DOB:
07-03-1952

Arrest date:
11-21-1969

Charges:
Theft of Credit Cards

Name: SYLVIA TORGOW
DOB: 7/03/1952
Race: White
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5′ 3″ (1.60 m)
Weight: 140 lb (64 kg)
Current Status: Escape from Prison
MDOC: 124036
Scars / Marks / Tattoos:
  • Scar- Forehead
  • Scar- Left Arm
  • Tattoo- Right Hand
Charges:
ACTIVE Offense MCL# Court File# County Conviction Type Minimum Sentence Maximum Sentence Date of Offense Date of Sentence
Theft of Credit Cards Macomb Plea 2 years 0 months 0 days 4 years 0 months 04/07/1970 04/07/1970
Aliases:
  • JOYCE VIVIAN BOYLE
  • LARA FOSTER
  • LORA LUELLA FOSTER
  • LORRIE LORRY
  • SYLVIA CAMPBELL
  • SYLVIA KATHERINE TORGOW
  • VICKIE BOYLE
  • VIVIAN JAYCE BOYLE
  • VIVIAN JOYCE BOYLE
  • YVONNE BAULDREY
Inactive Sentences: N/A

So.... there's not much activity on this thread, but I would like to bring up a possibility that I uncovered a few weeks ago.....
Do you think she may have been headed West after her escape? There's a Jane Doe (we call her Annie Doe) who was discovered in Oregon in 1971, some of the facial recognition sketches strongly resemble Sylvia, at least the couple of photos that are available of her. The information is going to be passed on to the proper authorities soon and we'll see what happens. Annie is currently also being processed by the DNA Doe Project, so if she isn't Sylvia we'll at least know who she is soon (hopefully)

So.... there's not much activity on this thread, but I would like to bring up a possibility that I uncovered a few weeks ago.....
Do you think she may have been headed West after her escape? There's a Jane Doe (we call her Annie Doe) who was discovered in Oregon in 1971, some of the facial recognition sketches strongly resemble Sylvia, at least the couple of photos that are available of her. The information is going to be passed on to the proper authorities soon and we'll see what happens. Annie is currently also being processed by the DNA Doe Project, so if she isn't Sylvia we'll at least know who she is soon (hopefully)

Strong resemblance. Although that's a long way from where Sylvia escaped.

I also think she definitely resembles 1984 Spokane Washington "Millie" Doe.
Both were blonde, they definitely resemble. Both have scars on LEFT arm, and you can see at least 1 visible mole on her neck in the photo. She definitely resembles BOTH annie doe and millie doe in my opinion... do they know when she last used one of these aliases?
Millie doe had her hands missing, and sylvia had a tattoo on one of her hands... I definitely think it makes sense that she would head west if she was wanted by the law in the eastern part of the country... I wish there were more photos of her online, and more information available. I definitely cannot wait to see these cases resolved

Attachments

• 20181115_191229.jpg
    20181115_191229.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 33

I am quoting what I read about Annie Doe: "UPDATE- the DNA Doe project was able to successfully extract viable DNA the second time around. It's been tested and Annie has relatives in New Zealand and the United kingdom. Still trying to figure out who she is, but i'm a bit annoyed with local pd (I live in the county where Annie was found), as after the testing it was divulged that her bra was made in NZ. That was probably information we could've used 40 years ago."

If they had kept some of Sylvia Torgow's clothing after her escape they could have got a DNA profile from it.

Refreshing her thread...

I’ve been trying to find out more about Sylvia and have not had much luck thus far. I finally found a Florida passenger/crew list record for her that hadn’t popped up in my previous searches due to several transcription errors. I’m not familiar with what these mean. That she simply left the country and returned?

upload_2021-1-14_2-53-26.jpegupload_2021-1-14_3-25-15.jpeg

Name: Aylvia Torgow (Sylvia)
Nationality: USA
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1952 (Jul)
Birth Place: Willistor, Florida, USA (Williston)
Arrival Date: 13 Aug 1962
Arrival Place: Miami, Florida, USA
Airline: Aviateca
Flight Number: 600

The record shows her US address to be 1425 Hill Crest Dr. in Lake Worth, Florida. I also found that Erika Torgow (20 Aug 1930 - Dec 2012) was on that same flight. I’m going to presume that is her mother. I believe Erika’s maiden name is Campbell (that’s one of Sylvia’s known aliases) and she’s also used the surnames Fricke and Love (in that order), and the middle name Luisew/Luise.

upload_2021-1-14_2-53-26.jpegupload_2021-1-14_3-0-5.jpeg

I can’t figure out which surname Sylvia was born to though. I’m certain it is not Love, as that marriage occurred in 1980. I’m not sure where Fricke comes into the picture. I’ve not been able to find a marriage record for that one, but it is there. For the most part, Sylvia’s immediate family stayed either in the same area of Florida or in and around Houston, TX.

16 Sep 1959, Page 7 - The Palm Beach Post at Newspapers.com

In September 1959 Joseph Torgow died in a car accident near Boynton Beach. He left behind his wife Erika and 4 children; Sylvia, Terry, Joseph and Pamelia. Joseph and Erika (Fricke Campbell) were not married until May 1959, when Sylvia was 6. I know that Sylvia and Terry do not have the same biological father, but I can’t say for certain about the other 2, Pamelia and Joseph.

I’m not sure any of this will help any, but I spent most of the day down this rabbit hole, so I thought I’d share a little of what I found. I’d like to find additional photos of Sylvia.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-13_23-20-3.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-13_23-20-3.jpeg
    1.5 KB · Views: 22
Nowadays, I don't think a 17-year-old would be sentenced to 2–4 years in prison for stealing credit cards. I've never seen a 17-year-old with that many aliases, though. She probably assumed another fake identity and started a new life. I doubt that her new life was anything out of a fairy tale, but there's no reason to think that she died soon after her escape. If she died in the intervening years between her escape and now, she may have been buried or cremated under her assumed name. It's also possible that she's still alive even though she wasn't on a very good path.

I’ve been trying to find out more about Sylvia and have not had much luck thus far. I finally found a Florida passenger/crew list record for her that hadn’t popped up in my previous searches due to several transcription errors. I’m not familiar with what these mean. That she simply left the country and returned?

View attachment 279370View attachment 279376

Name: Aylvia Torgow (Sylvia)
Nationality: USA
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1952 (Jul)
Birth Place: Willistor, Florida, USA (Williston)
Arrival Date: 13 Aug 1962
Arrival Place: Miami, Florida, USA
Airline: Aviateca
Flight Number: 600

The record shows her US address to be 1425 Hill Crest Dr. in Lake Worth, Florida. I also found that Erika Torgow (20 Aug 1930 - Dec 2012) was on that same flight. I’m going to presume that is her mother. I believe Erika’s maiden name is Campbell (that’s one of Sylvia’s known aliases) and she’s also used the surnames Fricke and Love (in that order), and the middle name Luisew/Luise.

View attachment 279370View attachment 279371

I can’t figure out which surname Sylvia was born to though. I’m certain it is not Love, as that marriage occurred in 1980. I’m not sure where Fricke comes into the picture. I’ve not been able to find a marriage record for that one, but it is there. For the most part, Sylvia’s immediate family stayed either in the same area of Florida or in and around Houston, TX.

16 Sep 1959, Page 7 - The Palm Beach Post at Newspapers.com

In September 1959 Joseph Torgow died in a car accident near Boynton Beach. He left behind his wife Erika and 4 children; Sylvia, Terry, Joseph and Pamelia. Joseph and Erika (Fricke Campbell) were not married until May 1959, when Sylvia was 6. I know that Sylvia and Terry do not have the same biological father, but I can’t say for certain about the other 2, Pamelia and Joseph.

I’m not sure any of this will help any, but I spent most of the day down this rabbit hole, so I thought I’d share a little of what I found. I’d like to find additional photos of Sylvia.

Unfortunately, the links require me to have a subscription to view the images, and the attachment (when viewed on this device, at least) is too tiny and blurs too much when zooming. Commendable research, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back