MI - Two children killed when drunk driver crashes into birthday party - April 21, 2024

This story is so sad and so senseless; it just stays with me: children and parents enjoying a birthday party when a vehicle comes flying thru the building landing 26 feet inside the building. The absolute shock and horror is just beyond words. 2 children gone in the blink of an eye. I am tending to find the defense attorney not credible and the prosecution, based on statements so far, to be more credible. I tend to believe she was drunk---I saw the video of how fast her vehicle was going when it struck the building. The way I feel right now, there is a special place in h---for her.
The way that the driver plowed into that building looked to me like it was intentional. There is going to be a lot more that we learn about this incident as the prosecution presents its case. JMO

The way that the driver plowed into that building looked to me like it was intentional. There is going to be a lot more that we learn about this incident as the prosecution presents its case. JMO

And miraculously she seems intact by this plowing into a building.

But Fate seems to have other plans for the accused.
New accommodation, no cars and no booze for who knows how long.
JMO

Boat club member speaks​

A member of the boat club spoke next over Zoom.

“During my 10 years of being a member of the boat club, most of the time I’ve seen her, she’s been highly intoxicated,” he said. “I’ve watched people try to walk her out the door dozens and dozens of times, and one of the things that aren’t brought up here is that she hit a vehicle down the road and a tree down the road.

“I believe that it wasn’t intentional, but I do believe it was a situation where she was trying to flee and run from what she had just done down the road, because she shouldn’t have been driving, and everybody knew that. (If) you’re a member of the boat club, you know this lady shouldn’t be driving, and I believe she was fleeing that scene...

“So whether it’s the alcohol or the medication or neither, this lady should never be behind a wheel. We’ve watched her take baby steps to get out of the place because she can barely walk, let alone get behind a wheel. For such a frail lady to cause such devastation in her car, I think that she shouldn’t be freed on bond because of this.

“I believe it’s decades of her drunk driving that just caught up to her, is what I believe, and decades of her driving under the influence of, whether it be pills or alcohol, and I would point toward alcohol, from my experience of knowing her.”

This will be damning testimony at trial.

Looking at maps Blandeau rd runs along residential homes and then goes through the parking lot to a stretch of homes on the other side and dead ends.

There would presumably be 2 charges of death while intoxicated.

I wonder if she had prior DUI’s?
During this morning's arraignment hearing, someone in the gallery spoke out, by saying, "She's a known drunk."

The Judge allowed very sad victims' impact statements that had me in tears but the accused never shed a tear until the Judge announced her bond amount of $1.5M.

MOO

There would presumably be 2 charges of death while intoxicated.

I wonder if she had prior DUI’s?
MC's attorney claims that she has never had a traffic ticket and that she "drives like an old lady".

...Bill Colovos, Chidester's attorney, said his client has no record and is retired, living a “peaceful life.”

“In 60 years on this earth, she’s never had any traffic involvement, she’s never had any law enforcement involvement,” Colovos said. “It’s horrible what happened, absolutely horrible …, but some things we don’t have control over.”

He said Chidester drives “like a little old lady” and has a history since November of having epileptic-type seizures in her legs that result in paralysis. She was treated for it that day, he said...

During this morning's arraignment hearing, someone in the gallery spoke out, by saying, "She's a known drunk."

The Judge allowed very sad victims' impact statements that had me in tears but the accused never shed a tear until the Judge announced her bond amount of $1.5M.

MOO
I saw that same thing. She had not one tear or bit of remorse until they announced her bail. How disgusting and shameful.

And from the Boat Club's website, here's a photo of Chidester, dressed up like a pretend Naval officer for some reason.

1713920032549.png

This picture is from 2017. From the album, it appears she was chosen to be "Commodore" for that year. I'm guessing that's the equivalent of being the club president. It certainly indicates that she was a well-known and popular member there.

MC's attorney claims that she has never had a traffic ticket and that she "drives like an old lady".

...Bill Colovos, Chidester's attorney, said his client has no record and is retired, living a “peaceful life.”

“In 60 years on this earth, she’s never had any traffic involvement, she’s never had any law enforcement involvement,” Colovos said. “It’s horrible what happened, absolutely horrible …, but some things we don’t have control over.”

He said Chidester drives “like a little old lady” and has a history since November of having epileptic-type seizures in her legs that result in paralysis. She was treated for it that day, he said...
Is that a thing? I have never heard of ‘epileptic seizures in legs’. And if this exists she should not have been driving with it.

I will never understand why the drunk never seems to get hurt in the accidents they cause that kill others.

If she had been suffering from seizures then the Dr treating her should have contacted DMV to revoke her driving privileges. She should still be in as much legal trouble if she was driving knowing she had seizures, imo. It's still just as selfish and reckless as drunk driving. Of course I believe she was wasted and seizures have nothing to do with the accident.

Question:

Didn't someone on the Zoom courtroom hearing say that she hit a truck and was perhaps speeding so as not to get caught? They also spoke of speed bumps on the road that she didn't slow down for before crossing over them at a high rate of speed. Her rapidly moving vehicle became a missile hitting the target of birthday party participants. Endangered many lives. Destroyed families. The mother of the two precious children who passed away, after they took her off the ventilator, asked her sister, "How will I live without my babies?"

MOO

And from the Boat Club's website, here's a photo of Chidester, dressed up like a pretend Naval officer for some reason.

View attachment 499102

This picture is from 2017. From the album, it appears she was chosen to be "Commodore" for that year. I'm guessing that's the equivalent of being the club president. It certainly indicates that she was a well-known and popular member there.
Okay, but, does she own a Lamborghini yacht?

I brightened my screen. Eyes are bloodshot. Not clean and white. Seems to me, that she's probably been tossing back a few too many whiskeys. Wonder what her home life situation was like.

Hail to you for finding this jewel, ch_13, and for sharing it here.
MOO

Question:

Didn't someone on the Zoom courtroom hearing say that she hit a truck and was perhaps speeding so as not to get caught? They also spoke of speed bumps on the road that she didn't slow down for before crossing over them at a high rate of speed. Her rapidly moving vehicle became a missile hitting the target of birthday party participants. Endangered many lives. Destroyed families. The mother of the two precious children who passed away, after they took her off the ventilator, asked her sister, "How will I live without my babies?"

MOO
The remarks were made by a member of the boat club. I posted his entire statement upthread #43.

...“During my 10 years of being a member of the boat club, most of the time I’ve seen her, she’s been highly intoxicated,” he said. “I’ve watched people try to walk her out the door dozens and dozens of times, and one of the things that aren’t brought up here is that she hit a vehicle down the road and a tree down the road.

“I believe that it wasn’t intentional, but I do believe it was a situation where she was trying to flee and run from what she had just done down the road, because she shouldn’t have been driving, and everybody knew that. (If) you’re a member of the boat club, you know this lady shouldn’t be driving, and I believe she was fleeing that scene...

Last edited:
BERLIN TOWNSHIP, Mich. – The family of two children killed Saturday when a suspected drunk driver crashed into a birthday party in Monroe County is suing the driver and a nearby tavern.

A lawsuit was announced Tuesday, April 23 against Marshella Chidester, who is also facing criminal charges for allegedly driving drunk through a young child’s birthday party on Saturday, April 20. Chidester was arraigned Tuesday on eight criminal charges, including second-degree murder, after the crash killed two young siblings and injured several other people at Swan Boat Club in Berlin Township...

Video: MC's attorney claims she "blacked out" and doesn't recall anything about the incident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc
Back