MI - Two children killed when drunk driver crashes into birthday party - April 21, 2024

Thank you for this update. This is sobering. I have to believe Karma is coming for her or I would lose all faith in our justice system. It is going to take awhile though as this case works through the courts. The positive: She is now a pariah in the community. I hope they will not only confine her to the house but give her regular alcohol testing. Like daily. Or I believe there are drugs that will make people very sick if they drink alcohol? That would be more than fair.

ETA: Antabuse. That’s one of the medications that is given to alcoholics to keep them from drinking. I’m not sure if the court can require she take that?
I believe there’s such a thing as an alcohol tether. You wear it on a leg, and it constantly measures alcohol level via your sweat.

Thank you for this update. This is sobering. I have to believe Karma is coming for her or I would lose all faith in our justice system. It is going to take awhile though as this case works through the courts. The positive: She is now a pariah in the community. I hope they will not only confine her to the house but give her regular alcohol testing. Like daily. Or I believe there are drugs that will make people very sick if they drink alcohol? That would be more than fair.

ETA: Antabuse. That’s one of the medications that is given to alcoholics to keep them from drinking. I’m not sure if the court can require she take that?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for karma: I am still waiting for Karma to find Casey Anthony!
I just hope this monster gets the punishment she deserves---

IMO there are so many reasons she shouldn’t have been driving, defense will have a hard time with this. However, do we know what kind of seizures she has? It’s possible she has seizures from alcoholism.

Evidently, she was a known lush, so there would be plenty of evidence to that effect.
Since she made the 1.5 mil bond, I believe there is probably some money in her family: they will probably find a better attorney than the one who represented her in court initially.

Since she made the 1.5 mil bond, I believe there is probably some money in her family: they will probably find a better attorney than the one who represented her in court initially.

How strange they didn't use this money to find her a good rehab centre before she allegedly hit the bottom.

Alcoholism is difficult to combat without help.

How is she going to keep off alcohol during on bail?

At least, in jail she might have got some therapy and detox.
Medical staff would keep an eye on her.

It seems to me she is in the grip of long-term addiction.

ALLEGEDLY!!!

JMO

Last edited:
IMO there are so many reasons she shouldn’t have been driving, defense will have a hard time with this. However, do we know what kind of seizures she has? It’s possible she has seizures from alcoholism.

Evidently, she was a known lush, so there would be plenty of evidence to that effect.
I've been wondering about this possibility. Perhaps her long-term alcohol abuse has impacted her brain and caused the seizures to begin with. JMO

Monroe — The 66-year-old woman who allegedly was inebriated Saturday when she drove her car through a boathouse wall and killed two children while wounding several others is free after posting $1.5 million bond Thursday, a jail employee said.

Marshella Chidester "posted the bond this morning," Monroe County Sheriff's Office Sgt. William Dobson said.

Chidester will be required to forfeit her passport, have no alcohol, wear a tether and not drive while out on bond.

The bond was set Tuesday by Monroe 1st District Court Judge Christian Horkey during Chidester's arraignment on charges of two counts of second-degree murder, two counts of operating under the influence of alcohol causing death and four counts of operating under the influence of alcohol causing serious injury. Chidester faces up to life in prison if she's convicted...

MC worked for DTE in some type of management position at the Fermi nuclear plant until she retired nine years ago. She probably made good money while she was employed.

No, they cannot require a specific medication nor should they. MOO

BERLIN TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A candlelight vigil is scheduled Friday for the victims of a deadly crash into a child’s birthday party in Monroe County.

The community is invited to attend the vigil hosted at the Swan Boat Club in Berlin Township on Friday, April 26 -- nearly one week after a suspected drunk driver crashed into the club, killing two children. At least 10 other people were injured in the crash on Saturday, April 20.

The vigil is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Friday in the parking lot of the boat club. Local chaplains will be there to pray with the community, organizers said...

Five victims who were injured last weekend when a suspected drunken driver crashed her vehicle through a building in Monroe County remain hospitalized Wednesday, officials said.

The county sheriff's office said a 31-year-old woman and an 11-year-old male remain in critical condition while three others — an 18-year-old female, a 16-year-old girl, and a 14-year-old boy — are still in serious condition.

Officials reported Monday that the five victims had all been taken to hospitals. They also said four women, ranging in age from 57 to 70, suffered minor injuries.

Monroe County Chief Sheriff's Deputy Chad Zeunen said he has not heard of any changes in any of the victims' conditions...

Thank you for the update on the condition of the additional victims from the Swan Lake Boat Club crash. People outside of a tragedy such as this often focus on the deaths that occur. And rightfully so. This has been a horrible event. But often other surviving victims who have been injured can have long-term recoveries and health complications that are not necessarily well-publicized. They are all victims of MC’s decision to drink and drive.

I believe there’s such a thing as an alcohol tether. You wear it on a leg, and it constantly measures alcohol level via your sweat.
Yes, based on the experience of a member of our extended family, it was incredibly sensitive. The device was sending notifications to the monitoring company even though the person had not used alchohol; they requested that the device be dialed down a bit, then all was fine. I can't remember what triggered it initially.

Yes, based on the experience of a member of our extended family, it was incredibly sensitive. The device was sending notifications to the monitoring company even though the person had not used alchohol; they requested that the device be dialed down a bit, then all was fine. I can't remember what triggered it initially.
At the lower-level courts that livestream (e.g. Judge Boyd in Texas), defendants have a large variety of excuses for why the SCRAM gets tripped, including lotion, hairspray, bug spray, shaving cream, cat dander..... Oh, and they feel entitled to use all that! LOL

I’m about 30 minutes from this accident. I can confirm - NOBODY is happy she’s out on bail. She will be confined to her home because there’s no way she can go out in public safely. I can almost guarantee people will be posted outside of her house (on the public street) in protest.

All JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107
Back