Michael Tracey is a proven liar. He is in this up to his neck. Be wary

Hey, Tricia! *waves*

I will take your advice and be wary of this story until we know all the facts. I couldn't believe the headline today, but I knew to come straight here to sort out the truth from the spin. Thanks for the warning!

WE in Colorado are having a live TV feed from Boulder DA at 10 AM our time today.

Karr physically has clean cut personal appearance, shifty eyed, to me he looks visually mentally disturbed. MOP

WE don't know WHAT he has been 'doing' in Thailand, do WE?

The first thread on this 'killer' news on WS has a post about man with 'exact' same name and his website for children in crisis, etc.

COULD HE have been working with one of the R children?

This could explain PR saying, 'WE' didn't mean for this to happen?

The old saying where there is smoke, perhaps indeed there is some fire.

Wait and see is my plan for the days to come.

Hey Poco, Nehemiah, what a development!!!!

I am also wondering about WHO sent the first email to whom, Tracey or Karr?

Doing a little research on google news is quite revealing.. so which one is the truth?

A University of Colorado spokesman, Barrie Hartman, said journalism professor Michael Tracey communicated with Karr over several months and contacted police. The university spokesman said he didn't know what prompted Tracey to become suspicious of Karr. http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_229090217.html

Michael Tracey, a journalism professor who did documentaries about JonBenet, was contacted by Karr and the two communicated over a two-year period, University of Colorado spokesman Barrie Hartman said. Several weeks ago, the e-mails became so disturbing to Tracey that he went to the Boulder district attorney. Authorities then traced Karr to Thailand using his e-mail address, Hartman said. Tracey could not be reached for comment.
http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_4194311

The investigation that led law enforcement to John Mark Karr can be traced to a single e-mail, sent some four years ago. Karr sent the correspondence to University of Colorado journalism professor Michael Tracey after viewing the first of three Tracey-produced documentaries on the JonBenet Ramsey case. Apparently, Karr was intrigued by what he saw and wanted to talk things over with Tracey,

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/national/article/0,1406,KNS_350_4923650,00.html

And look whose back in the daylight - it's prank emailer par excellance Ms Susan Stine!
"Michael Tracey was instrumental in this investigation," said Susan Stine, a close and longtime Ramsey family friend who spent considerable time with them through Patsy Ramsey's losing battle with cancer.

"He was instrumental in flushing this person out in the sense of getting him to talk," Stine added. "(The suspect) was in e-mail communication with Michael over a period of (time), and that helped to develop the case."

Stine said it was Tracey, along with Smit, Gray and their colleague, John Sanagustin, who played a major role in the case long before the Boulder District Attorney's office was involved.

"Lou . . . never stopped looking for the killer," Stine said of the man recently credited with helping reveal that a convicted Colorado Springs killer, Robert Browne, appears to be responsible for perhaps dozens of murders in several states.

"Lou Smit is the hero in all this," Stine said. "Lou Smit stood up against an onslaught of foolish people in Boulder and suffered the consequences for many years.

"Ollie was a big part of this," Stine added. "He and Lou worked together for all this time. They collaborated, they shared ideas, they brainstormed together."

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/national/article/0,1406,KNS_350_4923650,00.html So, still out there!

Lacy Wood said:
I will be cheering for John and Patsy if this turned out to be real. But the same factors that made the case sensational make Karr extremely unlikely. He just said on camera "I love JonBenet"..."It was an accident"...but "No comment" to the really relevant questions. He sounds like a really screwed up guy who followed the case closely and "fell" in love with the victim...like in the old movie "Laura". There are many people on the forums who could repeat or say things that some LE would say "only the killer would know". That is in fact one of the big revelations in exposed "false confessions" cases. LE claimed that special knowledge that turned out to be in their own minds. The exuberance is premature.
Agreed with everything you said here.

Tricia said:
U of Colorado Professor Michael Tracey has been in direct email contact with the suspect for quite some time.

Please, if you could do me just one little favor, read about Michael Tracey and how he would have no problem accusing an innocent person, any person, of this crime just to further his money making documentarys.

Please read this whole forum. It's not a lot put it paints the picture of Tracey.
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

I would start with the 5th thread down. The one about the Forums for Justice press release.

Jayelles, anything you can do to help me convince our wonderful posters that Tracey is a big scammer would be appreciated.
Hey Tricia, you are 1000% right on this. It's a set up, a scam, and Tracey is still trying to pull suspects out of his hat that never even met JonBenet....

This guy is just his latest victim in his self promotional campaign.

They haven't even matched his handwriting for gawdsakes! Just how hard would that be to do when it doesn't take weeks? Oh and this guy better be able to prove he had Hi-Tek boots at the time if he's going to "confess" to this crime. Did they check his foot size yet?

Trust me, this guy isn't the perp and I hope Tracey is arrested and charged with obstruction at the very least.

Seeker said:
Hey Tricia, you are 1000% right on this. It's a set up, a scam, and Tracey is still trying to pull suspects out of his hat that never even met JonBenet....

This guy is just his latest victim in his self promotional campaign.

They haven't even matched his handwriting for gawdsakes! Just how hard would that be to do when it doesn't take weeks? Oh and this guy better be able to prove he had Hi-Tek boots at the time if he's going to "confess" to this crime. Did they check his foot size yet?

Trust me, this guy isn't the perp and I hope Tracey is arrested and charged with obstruction at the very least.

Karr said that Jon Benet's death was an accident and that, in his mind, the accurate legal charge would be second-degree murder.

Do you know something the rest of the world does not know?

Its reported he has no legal representation in Thailand and has been interogated repeatedly for hours. The Thai authorites are parading him around like a circus act.

Of all people Wudge I would expect you to be appalled at this.

Who reported that his handwriting hasn't been matched? I don't think that has been reported. If I'm wrong, please direct me to where it has been reported.

tybee204 said:
Its reported he has no legal representation in Thailand and has been interogated repeatedly for hours. The Thai authorites are parading him around like a circus act.

Of all people Wudge I would expect you to be appalled at this.

I presume Karr to be innocent, my standards do not change. But at this point, probable cause is clearly established by Karr's own words.

Like many east and far east countries, when measured against our due process standards, Thailand's legal process leaves a lot to be desired. However, it is important to note that Thailand is known to have a lucrative sex-for-sale trade that includes children as well as adults.

Seeker said:
Yeah Wudge I know this guy is a fraud.

He was not with JB that night...I've collected info on him that either hasn't been posted here yet (due to server issues) or because some haven't seen it yet. Or it's possible I've missed the thread it's on.

http://www.cyber-villa.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=593

I repeat: What do you know that the rest of the world does not?

Just saw the news here in the UK, and it was confirmed that Karr was in extensive email contact with Professor Michael Tracey, and that Tracey passed on his concerns to the authorities.

It appears that the genesis of this confession sources itself with Tracey.

Also saw a long interview with Steven Singular live from Colorado, he is maintaining there is a child-*advertiser censored* connection along with pageant connections and influences. He suggested strongly that JonBenet's death may have been as a consequence of illicit pictures taken of JonBenet at some pageants.

Michael Tracey is a publicity-seeking fraud. He claims that one guy killed JonBenet...then claims that the fellow who e-mailed him is a slam dunk.

He is an arrogant fool alright!

Tracey does certainly seem arrogant,and I definitely wouldn't buy a used car from him

Made a very literate post then got dumped and it did not post.

So, HOW does one find a guy who openly confesses on TV, to the crime of the century.

There is either

a. Some truth buried here OR
b. Karr is totally mentally disturbed.

Tracey does not look nuts, but considering that he is a CU professor, makes all us native Coloradoans wonder big time.

Karr's wife filed for divorce AFTER he was convicted of having child *advertiser censored*.

Anyone know if it was made final, or the dates?

I will just sit and wait with the rest of us, for the wallpaper to fall off the walls.

"I wanna know about the DNA match."

We all do, narlacat.

But, yes, Tracey's past dealings have shown him to lack honesty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back