VA Michelle Sonja McKnight, 15, Norfolk, 1991~

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
An older case added to NAMUS today. Something feels a bit off about her disappearance.
Link:

Demographics​

Missing Age - 15 Years
Current Age - 48 Years
First Name - Michelle
Middle Name - Sonja
Last Name - McKnight
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight - 70 lbs
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian, Black / African American
Circumstances of Disappearance - Michelle was last seen by her Mother, Nora Mann on December 1, 1975. Now deceased Father, Charles Bryant reported to have moved with Michelle to New Jersey to stay with family. Charles Bryant reported that he and Michelle then moved to Norfolk, VA where Michelle stayed to live with his friend, Anita Hartison before Charles Bryant moved to Richmond, VA. Charles Bryant reported that the last time he saw Michelle was when she was 16 years old and dating sailors in Norfolk, VA.

An older case added to NAMUS today. Something feels a bit off about her disappearance.
Link:

Demographics​

Missing Age - 15 Years
Current Age - 48 Years
First Name - Michelle
Middle Name - Sonja
Last Name - McKnight
Sex - Female
Weight - 70 lbs
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Circumstances of Disappearance - Michelle was last seen by her Mother, Nora Mann on December 1, 1975. Now deceased Father, Charles Bryant reported to have moved with Michelle to New Jersey to stay with family. Charles Bryant reported that he and Michelle then moved to Norfolk, VA where Michelle stayed to live with his friend, Anita Hartison before Charles Bryant moved to Richmond, VA. Charles Bryant reported that the last time he saw Michelle was when she was 16 years old and dating sailors in Norfolk, VA.
Yes, the details are a little bizarre, not to mention the weight estimate of 70lbs at the age of 15. You’re right, something is off here.

I am looking at jane does in states that the father might have drove through from Jersey to Virginia. I am submitting this Jane Doe. I wonder if they have DNA of this jane doe or of michelle.

Bumping for a sad case.

Also going to submit this jane doe for review. The size of shoe for this jane doe makes me think the doe is younger than believed, or with very small feet.

Last edited:
I wonder why Connecticut State Police - Central District Major Crime is the investigating agency??

I am looking at jane does in states that the father might have drove through from Jersey to Virginia. I am submitting this Jane Doe. I wonder if they have DNA of this jane doe or of michelle.

Bumping for a sad case.
This doe is no longer in namus

Link:

Demographics​

Missing Age - 15 Years
Current Age - 48 Years
First Name - Michelle
Middle Name - Sonja
Last Name - McKnight
Sex - Female
Weight - 70 lbs
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Was she last seen in 1975 or 1991?

If she was 15 in 1991, then she was born in 1975ish.
Did her father take her as a newborn, and claims he last saw her in 1991?

@MadMcGoo says they haven't been able to find much either. What a confusing case. I'd file a FOIA, but I don't know that they'd give info to an out of state rando.

There are so many variables.

Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, mystery place she and father left; McKnight, Mann, Bryant, Hartison; 1991 and December 1975; 15 years old and 16 years old.

I’d like to know from where Michelle and Charles originally departed and when Charles died.

I can't find a single record of an Anita Hartison in the USA, which leads me to think its a typo for either Harrison or Hardison.
A woman named Anita Harbison lived at the same home address as a Charles Bryant in Norfolk, VA in the 1990s. Records place them both at the same address at approximately the same time (between 1990 and 1992). I'm pretty sure this is the right man. It's very late where I am, but I'll search more tomorrow and see if that leads to more info on Michelle.

Last edited:
A woman named Anita Harbison lived at the same home address as a Charles Bryant in Norfolk, VA in the 1990s. Records place them both at the same address at approximately the same time (between 1990 and 1992). I'm pretty sure this is the right man. It's very late where I am, but I'll search more tomorrow and see if that leads to more info on Michelle.
Did you end up finding more infos?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back