Michelle Young, pregnant mom, murdered Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he said that. At any rate, Michelle was already buried when the tooth was found, so no socket was available.

Like you, relying on memory, I believe rpd said he saw three whole teeth in the photos. From that, I believe neither he nor the medical examiner realized any teeth were missing.

--Jake

The ME knew exactly how many teeth were missing from Michelle's gums when the autopsy was performed. Another found at the scene later only magnifies the brutality of this beating.

If RS intends to use this 'tooth' in his defense argument, Jason has an extremely weak defense and he is cooked.

Sounds like good news to me. Thanks for bringing the tooth up again Jake.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4811361

This article says:
"That tooth would have gone with the body to Chapel Hill for the autopsy and then it would have been buried with the body," Pennica says. "We would not have kept it as a piece of evidence," he continued.

:confused:

I believe we will find out the tooth was most likely identified through Michelle's dental xrays. As you know this method is used frequently, is known to be dependable, and also provides a rapid result.

Hammer/Mallet found by someone mowing the yard...LE looking at it possible link...neighbor on, wants to know something. LE contacted LF...she said she was glad someone came forward...that's my take on it...ETA...I think they said front yard on Easter Sunday....I drove through Easter saturday and noted the yard really needed to be mowed....
Hate to quote my own post, but here is the link to the WTVD article
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=5227026

The ME knew exactly how many teeth were missing from Michelle's gums when the autopsy was performed. Another found at the scene later only magnifies the brutality of this beating.

If RS intends to use this 'tooth' in his defense argument, Jason has an extremely weak defense and he is cooked.

I like to think the ME knew how to do his job. Any opinion on why the ME didn't send the police looking for the missing tooth? Or why he said only 3 upper front teeth were missing?

--Jake

Don't know why you would think it would be a defense argument. Doesn't make sense to me.

However, it might make a jury wonder how thorough the police investigation was. Maybe create a doubt in some minds.

--Jake

Seems like a lot of "funny" things about this whole news...moo ;)

There have been several tradesmen in and out of the home. You never know, could belong to one of them. What I find most interesting is it appears from this news that the killer did not leave the weapon inside the home.

There have been several tradesmen in and out of the home. You never know, could belong to one of them. What I find most interesting is it appears from this news that the killer did not leave the weapon inside the home.

You may be right about the tradesmen. I know leaves were raked/mowed after November and the grass has been cut several times.

When I was there I searched the grounds pretty thoroughly for a possible murder weapon. I figured the cops knew who had killed Michelle and possibly would not search the grounds.

I especially looked through all the bushes and walked front and back yards. I even walked through the woods in back.

Of course, I could have missed it.

--Jake

Don't know why you would think it would be a defense argument. Doesn't make sense to me.

However, it might make a jury wonder how thorough the police investigation was. Maybe create a doubt in some minds.

--Jake

Well I said that because you said this :

' If Jason should go to trial, I imagine his defense lawyer will have some questions about the tooth.'

-

' If Jason should go to trial, I imagine his defense lawyer will have some questions about the tooth.'

-

Exactly. Not as a defense argument but to sow doubt.

--Jake

-

Probably some embarrassing questions. The obvious question would be: whose tooth is it?

--Jake

-

I don't understand why anyone would obsess over this tooth if they really believed JY innocent. Seems to me more than anything they should be worried more about justice for Michelle being reached, rather than the potential for doubt. Just my take.:D

You may be right about the tradesmen. I know leaves were raked/mowed after November and the grass has been cut several times.

When I was there I searched the grounds pretty thoroughly for a possible murder weapon. I figured the cops knew who had killed Michelle and possibly would not search the grounds.

I especially looked through all the bushes and walked front and back yards. I even walked through the woods in back.

Of course, I could have missed it.

--Jake

Better be careful Jake - someone will think you planted it.

I don't understand why anyone would obsess over this tooth if they really believed JY innocent. Seems to me more than anything they should be worried more about justice for Michelle being reached, rather than the potential for doubt. Just my take.:D

I agree RC. First it was the "heirloom" jewelry now its the tooth.

Why the obsession?

Will there be justice for Michelle if her innocent husband is indicted? If the tooth should turn out to be evidence that will put the real killer away, I'd like to see LE obsess over it.

--Jake

Better be careful Jake - someone will think you planted it.

Right. I am sure LE will want to interview someone that looked through all the bushes and walked front and back yards, and even walked through the woods in back.

Jake, want some tips on what to expect when they call you downtown ?
After all, seems you inspected the grounds much more carefully than the cops. ;)

I don't think he said that. At any rate, Michelle was already buried when the tooth was found, so no socket was available.

Like you, relying on memory, I believe rpd said he saw three whole teeth in the photos. From that, I believe neither he nor the medical examiner realized any teeth were missing.

--Jake

You are kidding right? What an absurd comment to make! You don't believe the medical examiner realized any teeth were missing!? Wonders never cease. Are you the one who drove by and threw the hammer/mallet in the Young's yard at yet another attempt to undermine the investigation? Sheesh!

I agree RC. First it was the "heirloom" jewelry now its the tooth.

Why the obsession?

It's simple: find the jewelry, find the killer. Why shouldn't LE obsess over it?

--Jake

Right. I am sure LE will want to interview someone that looked through all the bushes and walked front and back yards, and even walked through the woods in back.

Jake, want some tips on what to expect when they call you downtown ?
After all, seems you inspected the grounds much more carefully than the cops. ;)

Talk to my lawyer.

--Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members