Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said the wife and child were safe, but didn't say more than that (I missed a little, got a phone call)

And they're saying right now the truck he's driving is registered to his father, but the sheriff is saying they don't know

Down there is so different then up here for news conferences..
I am so confused about what is fact and just talking...forgive me...:waitasec:

The wife's role is really strange in all of this. But if she knew, then why would she submit the note and not just throw it away?

The wife's role is really strange in all of this. But if she knew, then why would she submit the note and not just throw it away?
Maybe it was a plan for him to take the fall? I have no clue but do think she had to know something

Not to be an accomplish the only other thing I can think of.
I don't think she knew what was going on.
Where was she when this happened...maybe shopping or visiting but we don't know. At least I don't.

Tks all for you updates.....

Down there is so different then up here for news conferences..
I am so confused about what is fact and just talking...forgive me...:waitasec:

I know what you mean! It's times like this that I'm afraid to say that I grew up there ;)

The sheriff finally said that he's just saying he doesn't know... instead of dancing around things they're not sure of, he's just telling the media that he doesn't know. And then they (the DA and the sheriff started laughing nervously)

Maybe they are both involved, so he is taking the full fall to save their child from being without a parent? something isn't right... the wife had to know SOMETHING. *nods*

Maybe they are both involved, so he is taking the full fall to save their child from being without a parent? something isn't right... the wife had to know SOMETHING. *nods*

I would think so since the DA made a point to talk about the spouse confidentiality that is appropriate here.

He specifically mentioned that anything that was said between them (husband and wife) didn't have to be shared, unless there were problems with the marriage

Thanks, Ember! I've been wanting to know about the wife since last night.... no way could she have been oblivious about the "damage" in the house, specially not with "massive amounts of blood on the walls", burned fences, a pit in the backyard, etc. etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this stinks.

It stinks to high heavens.

If he was going to do this, why not do it earlier? Why wait until she was about to give birth?
I think it ate at the wife. It would me. I would be in furious rage but not to the point that I would kill someone, except maybe my dumbass husband for raping someone in the first place, but we are all different. It may have been enough to make her snap. I think she has as much of a motive to kill her as he does.
And I think he would take the blame because he created the mess and his wife needs to be there to raise their child.

And I just can't get understand what the bizarre twist could be.....so maybe LE is suspicious as well and that's why they're keeping her "safe"...to observe her.

Again, unless my posts are so totally without merit that no one is reading them, in which case I would like to know, then I will stop posting.
I speculated this earlier so will repeat.

More than likely, this guy planned the crime in his warped head for a long time.
He knew he had to plan for his wife and their child who lived in the house, I presume.

IMO, until we hear otherwise, I think it is entirely possible that he either sent her out of town or to stay with relatives or friends while he did his murdering and burning in the backyard.
If for no other reason than to keep his little daughter away from it all.

The crime was commited very close to Christmas. Isn't it possible that he sent them shopping with relatives out of town?

I would like to think that a mother was not involved in killing this baby.

Is this not plausible to anyone else?

I would think so since the DA made a point to talk about the spouse confidentiality that is appropriate here.

He specifically mentioned that anything that was said between them (husband and wife) didn't have to be shared, unless there were problems with the marriage

I didn't hear that. I too was wanting to hear more about the wife but the channel I was watching cut off the conference not long after the DA started talking! Jeez, those primaries are SO important right now!:waitasec:

SJ everything is plausible right now. I know for me it would make this easier had she not been involed

I think it's very possible this was premeditated and
his wife wasn't there when it happened.
I'm not sure I believe she didn't know something
was wrong..piece of fence missing, new paint ...

Again, unless my posts are so totally without merit that no one is reading them, in which case I would like to know, then I will stop posting.

More than likely, this guy planned the crime in his warped head for a long time.
He knew he had to plan for his wife and their child who lived in the house, I presume.

IMO, until we hear otherwise, I think it is entirely possible that he either sent her out of town or to stay with relatives or friends while he did his murdering and burning in the backyard.

Because she knew LE would come knocking eventually. Her husband is suspected of raping the girl and the girl is going to testify against him. LE would have to question him...he'd be the obvious first suspect in her disappearance. The wife had to turn over the note to make sure she looked like she is on their side, especially if he decided to take the fall. She wants to establish her "innocence" right away....so she would not be suspected.
Reverse physcology?

Makes sense to me, Jana. I wish they would tell us where the wife was and where she is and what she knows!

I think it's very possible this was premeditated and
his wife wasn't there when it happened.
I'm not sure I believe she didn't know something
was wrong..piece of fence missing, new paint ...

She may have questioned him after the fact and he could have said- termintes in the fence.. room needed sprucing up while you were gone, honey pie. We just don't know. This is a monster!!

His wife probably hasn't had a life of champagne and roses with him. I hope she is safe, mentally OK, and that their child or children are safe too. IMO, the other children he fathered are also victims. His wife may have been physically and emotionally abused by this rapist, liar, murderer. We just don't know.

Please don't feel that we're not reading your posts, Jana. My posts most of the time aren't quoted either :) I think it's just that we're all on our own tangent and can't get off it long enough to say "Yes, it's quite possible that he sent her out of town to keep her away".

I think it is very possible indeed that she was not in the house during the murder and the attempted cleanup. However, she must have known something horrible happened when she came home. All the news articles I've read state that the cleanup attempt "failed" and that the amount of blood was "massive". I imagine it wasn't just on the walls but the floor/carpet also.

Just my 2 cents.

I do not believe the wife did this...if it were as violent
as LE says, especially.
Her motive would be jealousy?
He had a lot more motive..the evidence was going
to be born soon.
I can't imagine that the wife would have been aware
it was happening and have been able to live with him
3 more weeks with their little girl.
I did see a profile yesterday that someone posted that
"could" have belonged to his wife.
It caught my eye because it said
"I sleep with one of the world's best..a U.S. Marine"..
Ironic that the "world's best" could be a murderer.

Because she knew LE would come knocking eventually. Her husband is suspected of raping the girl and the girl is going to testify against him. LE would have to question him...he'd be the obvious first suspect in her disappearance. The wife had to turn over the note to make sure she looked like she is on their side, especially if he decided to take the fall. She wants to establish her "innocence" right away....so she would not be suspected.
Reverse physcology?

Thanks, Ember! I've been wanting to know about the wife since last night.... no way could she have been oblivious about the "damage" in the house, specially not with "massive amounts of blood on the walls", burned fences, a pit in the backyard, etc. etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this stinks.

ITA, I think she's been in on it right from the beginning. I have a question hope it's not a stupid one, are LE positive that it was a man that withdrew the money from ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod