Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people understand that the Onslow County Sheriff's Department had no idea about the rape or the cell phone being found near the main gate. The only thing the Sheriff knew was that she was missing and that she was supposedly a liar and bi polar. They knew nothing of the rape or that this girl was endangered. Marines go UA all the time. Especially during the holidays. But the alarm wasn't rang because the military either thought there was no problem or they were covering their *advertiser censored* for not doing anything about the rape. They(the marines) we crossing their fingers hoping that she just took off.

Also, this is evidenced by the fact that the Sheriff honestly thought this was a case of a girl with stress in her life just taking off. I believe he honestly a little blind sided by this whole thing. He is not, under any circumstances going to disparage the marine corp. He has taken several hits in the press and he still will not tell the whole story.

The marines are like cops. They like to deal with problems internally. The wouldn't mention the rape until they had to.

Oh no ~ YOU didn't make me mad!! :blowkiss: I put the "mad" icon there just thinking about these people who murdered Maria and her baby and then have a BBQ party in the same yard where they're burning her.

I'm glad I wasn't the reason for the red " angry " face. :)
The entire case is incredibly sick and bizarre, from beginning to end, just what we know now.
The BBQ party is sick, just sick.

The sheriff's office has added to the luridness with the photos of her body in the pit that are online, and also with the sheriff going ON and ON about the baby's tiny curled up fist.

I've had to take quite a few breaks from all of it.

I'm really trying to figure that out too. That doesn't give him much of a head start before she went to LE, at what, 8am? :confused:

I thought they came up with 4 am because that was the time he was seen leaving the base, by another Marine, maybe, at the gate.

But the neighbor is sure about his wife seeing taking the dog(s) out at 6:30am!

So, I wonder where/who the 4 am leaving time came from?

Maybe it's the time put on the note, stating he was leaving right then.... but actually left later, after doing a few more things, like playing with the dogs first?

Unfortunately in NC the "Laci and Conner" law hasn't been adopted.

The Feds have a fetal homicide law. But that would only apply if Federal murder charges are brought. So far I don't see that happening.

Yep, hit him in the head with it while he was berating her and I think he had thrown her around.. . He was an abusive husband and she was pregnant. The lamb was frozen solid as a tree trunk at the time she swung it. The reason she wasn't convicted was because the investigators could not find the murder weapon- they were eating it.

OH no... and all this time I thought she had roasted her husband and fed it the LE! No conviction because no body. OOOPS

The entire case is incredibly sick and bizarre, from beginning to end, just what we know now.

The sheriff's office has added to the luridness with the photos of her body in the pit that are online, and also with the sheriff going ON and ON about the baby's tiny curled up fist.

Jana, I think that the sheriff has never encountered a case as horrible as this one, and is honestly shocked to the core at what he had to see. His entire demeanor seemed quite helpless to me.... specially while describing the fire pit scene and what was found in it. I think he couldn't control himself enough to maintain a detached front; it truly, truly affected him deeply. I know that it almost seemed obsessive, the way he kept repeating the sight of the tiny fist, but put yourself in his position.... any human being would have been shaken at that kind of "find".

I'll be turning in now. I have to take a break from this case, at least to get a good night's sleep. Let's pray that tomorrow will bring good news of Laurean's capture.

Good night everybody

:blowkiss:

Again what I got out of it was that Nancy was asking, since he got the case dec 19' 2007. Why did it take 18 days, jan 7, 2008 to find out of the rape.
No one went into the murders house or looked around the property, zip.
Example, stacy Peterson case, she was listed as missing and the cops got right on it. They didn't wait for more info, they searched right away.
I think Nancy was trying to get at, why didn't they investigate on there own and instead of waiting for more info.

wied that got posted twice, deleted one.

I posted the explanation for that a couple of pages back, I'll try to go find it. The details were gotten from the search warrant I'll link below. The original Sheriff Moore got the case and in a couple of days did alot of investigating and contacted Maria's superiors and was brushed off.

http://www.amw.com/pdf/lauterbachPDF.pdf

I'd closely followed Jesse Davis' murder and thought that was one of the most horrendous, with her little boy there in the house watching dad remove her body ~ to be dumped as trash in the woods. But now this one, I don't know. It's almost worse with the graphic description of the burned remains and what these people apparently did afterward like, business as usual, let's have a party.

The Feds have a fetal homicide law. But that would only apply if Federal murder charges are brought. So far I don't see that happening.
I don't either, but the local DA said it could be a DP case, so we'll see. I don't think anyone wants to be too specific now with CL still on the run and they do want him back.

OH no... and all this time I thought she had roasted her husband and fed it the LE! No conviction because no body. OOOPS

Sounds like Fried Green Tomatoes! Love that movie!

So now we know, by the neighbors account, that he didn't get that much of head start.
Wonder where he is!

I thought they came up with 4 am because that was the time he was seen leaving the base, by another Marine, maybe, at the gate.

But the neighbor is sure about his wife seeing taking the dog(s) out at 6:30am!

So, I wonder where/who the 4 am leaving time came from?

Maybe it's the time put on the note, stating he was leaving right then.... but actually left later, after doing a few more things, like playing with the dogs first?
I think that might be it too ~ he planned on leaving at 4am but didn't. But if the wife and he were out in the driveway talking, it sure wasn't a surprise that she woke up and found the note after he left!

I agree she'd be capable of doing him in too. There is a problem with the theory though. The neighbor just said (on Greta's show) that he saw both of them at 6:30am on Friday. That doesn't make sense though since Christina said he'd left at 4am and she went to LE at 8am ~ so CL only had an 1-1/2 hr. head start on LE?

--->>>Welllll, TV Greta show tonight had interview with the man who lives next door. HIS wife saw Cpl that day he was still there about 6:30 pm, HE DID NOT LEAVE at 4 AM as the wife stated.

Hope the sheriff wuz watching the interview tonight. ER maybe his 'depity' interviewed the next door man and alredi noes it.

I am behind in my reading so donut know IF others have posted about tonights interview with the next door neighbor man.

I lived and worked in Los Angeles for a lot of years, too. Many years ago. Are you still there? I'm all the way cross country, in New England now.

Heh heh, Little town in Utah. Very long story how I ended up here. I graduated from Van Nuys High School. A for real valley girl.

Sounds like Fried Green Tomatoes! Love that movie!

So now we know, by the neighbors account, that he didn't get that much of head start.
Wonder where he is!

OMG, that's my favorite movie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members