Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

I wish I had found this website when the trial was going on. I took early retirement and wound up following this trial all by myself. My kids keep telling me I should write a book about it. I think that translates to them being tired of hearing about it.

I live in Central Florida and attended the trial day three. I lost faith not in our system for justice, but in jury’s, with the outcome of this case. On a highly publicized case like this, the jurors they pick usually have limited knowledge of the case. That may translate to being apathetic. I believe they stopped listening after the opening statements. I'm still upset that there was no justice for Caylee.

1.) I think sequestering the jury was a mistake.
2.) Better explanation in closing as to what constitutes reasonable doubt
3.) Better explanation as to what lesser included could be utilized
4.) Not disproving further into the allegations of sexual abuse
5.) Not bringing in all of the computer usage on June 16th. It might have shown Caylee didn't drown that morning.
6.) Not utilizing social media more effectively.

What was it like being that close to FCA?

Did they even ever show all the pictures Casey uploaded/downloaded after Caylee's death? Like the picture of the little girl looking up at the Teddy Bear hanging from a noose with the saying (not verbatim)... "Why do people kill people who kill people to show those people are bad." All those cryptic messages, etc... I could have swore at the end of the trial the prosecution gave the jury two files to go through. One with those pictures and one of the cell phone pings. In my opinion, the prosecution should not have trusted that the jury would go through all that evidence on their own. I don't care if the trial would have lasted a year.... they should have went through every single minute of every single day. A "fool-proof" message that there is no way that Caylee drowned and that she was murdered in the 1st degree.

I live in Central Florida and attended the trial day three. I lost faith not in our system for justice, but in jury’s, with the outcome of this case. On a highly publicized case like this, the jurors they pick usually have limited knowledge of the case. That may translate to being apathetic. I believe they stopped listening after the opening statements. I'm still upset that there was no justice for Caylee.

1.) I think sequestering the jury was a mistake.
2.) Better explanation in closing as to what constitutes reasonable doubt
3.) Better explanation as to what lesser included could be utilized
4.) Not disproving further into the allegations of sexual abuse
5.) Not bringing in all of the computer usage on June 16th. It might have shown Caylee didn't drown that morning.
6.) Not utilizing social media more effectively.

:welcome6:

Did they even ever show all the pictures Casey uploaded/downloaded after Caylee's death? Like the picture of the little girl looking up at the Teddy Bear hanging from a noose with the saying (not verbatim)... "Why do people kill people who kill people to show those people are bad." All those cryptic messages, etc... I could have swore at the end of the trial the prosecution gave the jury two files to go through. One with those pictures and one of the cell phone pings. In my opinion, the prosecution should not have trusted that the jury would go through all that evidence on their own. I don't care if the trial would have lasted a year.... they should have went through every single minute of every single day. A "fool-proof" message that there is no way that Caylee drowned and that she was murdered in the 1st degree.

I don't remember the Prosecution showing any of those pictures
and
BBM
I don't remember the Prosecution handing over files for them to look over....not saying it didn't happen just that if it happened I missed it...
Perhaps someone has a better memory than me...:blushing:

What was it like being that close to FCA?

I was actually seated next to George and Cindy. Weird huh? Cindy reached over tapped me on the leg and asked how many people were in line to get in. George cried quietly the whole morning. My son (who is 35) went with me and he kept saying FCA was making eyes at him. I didn't catch that. But I can't say their eyes didn't meet. I guess I was a bit disappointed. She didn't look like the monster I expected.

I was actually seated next to George and Cindy. Weird huh? Cindy reached over tapped me on the leg and asked how many people were in line to get in. George cried quietly the whole morning. My son (who is 35) went with me and he kept saying FCA was making eyes at him. I didn't catch that. But I can't say their eyes didn't meet. I guess I was a bit disappointed. She didn't look like the monster I expected.

BBM

Imo, that's why she's walking free right now. First thing she did when she entered the courtroom every morning was lower her chair, making her look like an itty bitty girl who could barely see over the table... I've never seen her in person, but I think she looks scary as chit, with her cold, empty, cat eyes... And, unfortunately, monsters come in every shape and size, with no warning labels... Fca tries very hard to disguise her true colors, but when that facade slips, what we're left with and what we see, is horrifying, imo. And even more horrifying, is that was the last thing little Caylee saw too. Can you imagine?

And thx for sharing your observations. I'm not, at all, surprised CA was concerned about the number of people in line... Coming to see her little "celebrity." They get a sick thrill with all of this, and believe that all these people are there to see them. Forgetting about Caylee, as usual for them..:what:

All jmo.

I wish I could've attended but being that I live in NYC it was gonna be impossible. Don't know when I'll ever be in Orlando but if I ever am I will be sure to atleast visit Suburban Drive where Caylee was found. Thanks for sharing your observations.

thank you Tsunvirtual
BBM
IMO we don't see what's lurking within

I am not surprised she didn't appear to be what you thought...
The Defense had an agenda in regards to physical appearance, they were making her appear "small, weak, fragile" they had large sweaters on her, her seat was lowered..I don't remember if she had make up on.. she would then appear Pale...it was all for visual effect and to garner sympathy from the jury.

I stayed away from Downtown Orlando when the trial started and then I went out of town...
WELCOME and thanks for posting.

IMO, because the people who were on her jury probably can't tie their shoes without help.
that's what it looks like but the same people would probably have convicted somebody else for far less evidence, so what gives?

It was all over when they picked this particular jury. What disturbs me the most is how little time and effort they invested when it was time for deliberations---didn't even look at the evidence and certainly did not understand the instructions. I wouldn't even mind so much if they put in serious time, hard work and intelligence and then came to the not-guilty verdict. If they had given us rational explanations for this verdict then it would have been easier to accept. I didn't hear a single intelligent remark from them though. They dismissed rock solid evidence against KC while believing lies and speculations about George and everyone else.

We had the wrong Judge too. It shocked me that this Judge who previously stated that there was sufficient evidence for murder in the first degree now says that it could have been an accident. Knowing full well about the fool-proof suffocation search, THREE pieces of duct-tape and KC's personality! It has been the most shocking thing since the not-guilty verdict. Isn't it bizarre for him to say such a thing? This case is the most bizarre one I've seen---where the characters and narrative continue to get stranger and stranger.

It was all over when they picked this particular jury. What disturbs me the most is how little time and effort they invested when it was time for deliberations---didn't even look at the evidence and certainly did not understand the instructions. I wouldn't even mind so much if they put in serious time, hard work and intelligence and then came to the not-guilty verdict. If they had given us rational explanations for this verdict then it would have been easier to accept. I didn't hear a single intelligent remark from them though. They dismissed rock solid evidence against KC while believing lies and speculations about George and everyone else.

We had the wrong Judge too. It shocked me that this Judge who previously stated that there was sufficient evidence for murder in the first degree now says that it could have been an accident. Knowing full well about the fool-proof suffocation search, THREE pieces of duct-tape and KC's personality! It has been the most shocking thing since the not-guilty verdict. Isn't it bizarre for him to say such a thing? This case is the most bizarre one I've seen---where the characters and narrative continue to get stranger and stranger.

What's interesting is that it wasn't really what he said before. A while back, he was in some sort of article where he said that he personally believed there was enough evidence given at trial to convict Casey of first degree murder. I suppose he could have been talking about felony murder though...

He also mentioned hearing four letter words being screamed in rage from the holding cell when Cheney Mason went in there attempting to convince Casey to take a plea.

Aside from that, I had my doubts about Judge Perry when I saw the way he was rushing jury selection. He inexplicably sat a woman on that jury who the State had every right to strike, because she stated that her "religion didn't allow her to judge other people."

IIRC, Baez or Mason objected, claiming the State was trying to strike her due to racial bias (she was black) and Judge Perry agreed and refused to allow the State to strike her. Even the defense had this surprised look on their faces like "I can't believe that worked." The whole thing was bizarre.

Either way, that woman ended up on the jury and I doubt she was much help.

The sad thing is that I don't think Judge Perry had any sort of nefarious motive when he did so. He just got complacent and wanted to rush jury selection along as fast as he could and start the trial. I think he figured that no one in their right minds would look at the evidence against Casey and decide that she bore no responsibility for what happened to Caylee.

What's interesting is that it wasn't really what he said before. A while back, he was in some sort of article where he said that he personally believed there was enough evidence given at trial to convict Casey of first degree murder. I suppose he could have been talking about felony murder though...

He also mentioned hearing four letter words being screamed in rage from the holding cell when Cheney Mason went in there attempting to convince Casey to take a plea.

Aside from that, I had my doubts about Judge Perry when I saw the way he was rushing jury selection. He inexplicably sat a woman on that jury who the State had every right to strike, because she stated that her "religion didn't allow her to judge other people."

IIRC, Baez or Mason objected, claiming the State was trying to strike her due to racial bias (she was black) and Judge Perry agreed and refused to allow the State to strike her. Even the defense had this surprised look on their faces like "I can't believe that worked." The whole thing was bizarre.

Either way, that woman ended up on the jury and I doubt she was much help.

The sad thing is that I don't think Judge Perry had any sort of nefarious motive when he did so. He just got complacent and wanted to rush jury selection along as fast as he could and start the trial. I think he figured that no one in their right minds would look at the evidence against Casey and decide that she bore no responsibility for what happened to Caylee.

Yes, in that interview he seemed certain about there being enough evidence for murder one. Now it might have been an accident. I mean, if the Judge changes his opinion depending on which way the wind blows (yeah, he changes his mind AFTER learning about the fool-proof suffocation---what logic!) then what to say about those misinformed jurors!? They must feel pretty smug now that even the Judge isn't sure. This is what they must be thinking if they remember this case at all---I say if because it didn't seem like they took their duties seriously. Ridiculous all around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back