Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

I've been going over to YouTube and watching some of Jodi A's trial testimony. I did not follow the threads here. I don't know if I'll let myself get caught up in another trial right away. Like my previous post, my computer is iffy at this point and I don't want my family to think I plan on staying in my room the entire summer. :) However, you just never know.... it depends on if another case reaches out and grabs me. There are a couple that I've already been reading about so don't be surprised if you see me around the boards.
That one had me neglecting all but the most necessary tasks, and my DH wondered where his wife went. It's still not over, but we're in a holding pattern, so a little relief.

I like these short trials better - justice faster. I'm an impatient person. It is so satisfying to me to see true justice served, and relief for the loved ones.

The Andrea Schneiderman one is coming up - I think Georgia?, and I'd like to watch that one, but don't want to get so sucked in as I did with Jodi Arias. We were watching a psychopath in action in that trial, and it's hard to look away. It's a bit unsettling, because there is no way you can wrap you mind around them.

Does anyone think Raven is a psychopath? I know nothing about him except the background you peeps have shared, and of course, watching the trial.
I think there is something unnatural about the relationship he and his mother share, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll bet she's unglued about Char's statement about her yesterday. KarEn seems dangerous to me - I get that icky vib from her. I don't know enough about her to decide if she knew what Raven was up to, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if she knew about it after the fact. Watcha y'all think about that?

Does anyone think Raven is a psychopath? I know nothing about him except the background you peeps have shared, and of course, watching the trial.
I think there is something unnatural about the relationship he and his mother share, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll bet she's unglued about Char's statement about her yesterday. KarEn seems dangerous to me - I get that icky vib from her. I don't know enough about her to decide if she knew what Raven was up to, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if she knew about it after the fact. Watcha y'all think about that?

Snipped by me :)

I don't think he's a psychopath, just a run of the mill a-hole mutafk...

I will also follow the Sneiderman trial. I followed back when Hemy Neuman (the gunman) was prosecuted.

Quick update from ABC11, tense in courtroom, defendant seems in good spirits, tears from defendants mother. Victim's family calm and waiting. Jury asking questions.

Quick update from ABC11, tense in courtroom, defendant seems in good spirits, tears from defendants mother. Victim's family calm and waiting. Jury asking questions.
Are the juror questions asked and answered in open court, or behind closed doors? I'm dyeing to know what they asking.
So, it sounds as if families are sitting in the courtroom waiting?

The Arias trial was in AZ, and the jurors were able to ask questions of each witness right after were done testifying My first time witnessing that - LOVED IT.

Do you folks have a "next"trial you will follow after this? I enjoy you all so much. Would it be the Hayes trial?
I promised myself after Laci I would not let myself get too involved again but Janet stole my heart. I'm taking a break after this. I'll peek here and there but I can't follow.

That one had me neglecting all but the most necessary tasks, and my DH wondered where his wife went. It's still not over, but we're in a holding pattern, so a little relief.

I like these short trials better - justice faster. I'm an impatient person. It is so satisfying to me to see true justice served, and relief for the loved ones.

The Andrea Schneiderman one is coming up - I think Georgia?, and I'd like to watch that one, but don't want to get so sucked in as I did with Jodi Arias. We were watching a psychopath in action in that trial, and it's hard to look away. It's a bit unsettling, because there is no way you can wrap you mind around them.

I think he is. This may sound crazy but he is just like my sister and his mother is just like my father. It is a creepy relationship. One lies and the other swears to it and God forbid if you question them about it. They will make your life a living hell just so you don't ever question them again. The more I watch the two of them the more I am sure that Karen knows exactly what Raven did to Janet.

Wish the camera was on so we could see/hear what's going on in the courtroom. :(

IMHO, KarYn has more than a few 'issues'. I'll freely admit, I have a few 'issues' of my own, I am far from being perfect. I don't know anything about her other than what has been posted here and what I've seen at trial. I DO think she knew about the embezzlement but not sure if she was actually an active part of it or if she just shut her eyes and let Raven do what ever he wanted to do at the time. (ship the goods to her name and/or address) During the testimony about the phone records the day before and the day of the murder I made myself a little chart so I could see the times of the calls between them and how they lined up with the events and now I am wondering if she really did know something was about to happen. I could be wrong, they could have been just going back and forth about Ravenstree. However, I don't think Char would have said what she said about KarYn during her closing if there wasn't more to it than just "did you see what I wrote mom? Did you look at my pictures?"

In my head, she sure was on the ball calling Raven's work to tell them Janet killed herself.... getting that piece of false information out as fast as possible when, imo, she KNEW that was an out and out lie. Was she hoping she could help Raven save that job? Was she already covering his *advertiser censored* hoping he'd still get his commission or whatever? IDK....

The letter posted here by Mikey spoke volumes about her.

Regarding Raven being a psychopath.... hmmmm, he absolutely showed signs of being a sociopathic personality. One who has no connection with real feelings and emotions. He was a master at adapting to whatever people or group of people who were around him at any given time. I don't think he will ever understand how cleating a guy in the back during a soccer game and then bragging about retribution with a smile on his face is wrong. Which, to me, is a sign of his real personality showing. When Raven was with LDS people he was good at mirroring them, when he was around sports people he was good at mirroring them, when he was alone with women though he often didn't have anyone to mirror so more of his own sick ways came out. Isn't that what a sociopathic person does? We talked a lot about this kind of behavior during the Scott Peterson trial. He took his ques from the people who were around him and was really good at mirroring the actions and emotions of those around him because he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing or feeling. Disconnected is the word I want to use. Not understanding the way 'normal' people feel and act leaving them having to watch others and cover their own lack of empathy, lack of connection, lack of feelings.

I hope that made sense.... I am running a back up and trying to post at the same time and everything is moving in s.l.o.w. m.o.t.i.o.n. on my screen.

The jury was behind closed doors. ABC11 showed the empty jury box, and then the two families. Karyn was a mess. Janet's family was pretty calm - so, we'll see. Hard to wait.

Are the juror questions asked and answered in open court, or behind closed doors? I'm dyeing to know what they asking.
So, it sounds as if families are sitting in the courtroom waiting?

The Arias trial was in AZ, and the jurors were able to ask questions of each witness right after were done testifying My first time witnessing that - LOVED IT.

The jury was behind closed doors. ABC11 showed the empty jury box, and then the two families. Karyn was a mess. Janet's family was pretty calm - so, we'll see. Hard to wait.
Where are you getting a live shot of the courtroom and families? I can't get anything at all on the ABC site except past testimony.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. On both WRAL.com and WTVD.com. I declare in the past it seems that there was a camera in the courtroom but not streaming--just a 'jury deliberating' sign up on the screen. And we knew when the verdict was announced because we watched it--I so well remember the flat affect of both Jason Young and Brad Cooper. Jason Young used to blink, about 1,000 times a second, and during the reading of the verdict he didn't even blink.

Yes, I remember, NCEast! Ohhh, that snake :snake: . And we all know that frequent blinking is often a tell when someone is :liar: lying. And I just ASSumed when I watched him during the announcement of the verdict, that his no-blinking, prolly no-breathing stonelike stance, was a tell for "Oh, ch*t .. :noooo:, they got me."
icon10.gif
.. :turkey:

:justice:

Just listened to a news clip, and they said if Raven is found guilty, he will receive a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
I assume they mean without parole.

DAMN. I think I am developing a crush on Char. She ROCKED that closing. OMGOMGOMG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back