MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is hell for the Elvis family, may the Lord God bless them and give them strength.

BUT it also has to be torture for a narcissist like TM to have another 2 trials where she has to hear how her husband pursued a much younger and more beautiful woman - buying her gifts, etc. I know this is hell for her too and I find some small degree of justice in that. It's not going away, Heather is not going away. You murdered her but her spirit will haunt your miserable lives until you confess and disclose the location of her remains. That's the only way this will ever end for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have no doubt Tammy watched the videos of the trial and just now discovered how involved SM was in the relationship with HE. He texted and called HE more than she did him, plus going into work to see her when Tammy thought he was on the job. I am guessing life is not too great around their house. Plus, he finally brought another charge down on himself. Now he will have to live knowing the charges are building up which will make his life hell - Obstruction of Justice, Defying a Gag Order, most likely a re-trial and if not found guilty a civil suit from the Elvis's which I guarantee they will win. I could not live this way - it would be the worse sentence I could ever have to live in fear of what my fate will be.

In this particular case I can point to actions and statements by the judge AND the judge allowing a friend of the defense team attorney to be on the jury as a blatant problem. It's easy to point fingers at the state, but the state had to live with what the judge decided. Just like Judge blowhard Belvin Perry allowed jurors on the Anthony trial who "didn't think it was right to judge others," this judge made some questionable rulings that any other judge not in that jurisdiction would easily question. The judge is not to be biased. This one clearly was. It contributed to the mistrial. Thanks judge, you helped waste lots of $$$$ for Horry County.

He needs to be retired immediately!

So ironic that someone said he may be related to Kathryn Dennis (Southern Charm). I see the resemblance in behavior and reason.

These 2 might not be behind bars, but they're still in a prison. Their life sucks. Everywhere they go, people know what they've done. They won't be able to get decent employment and they've probably bankrupted all their family members (who know they're guilty). They've completely ruined their kids lives in so many ways I can't even list them all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So is it reasonable that:

1. Sidney claimed his wife was in the truck at Walmart, yet he locks her in the truck with his remote and takes the keys and remote with him?
2. A wife sits in the truck when she has the chance to go into Walmart? (what wife who can easily walk does this?)
3. RIGHT after buying a pregnancy test, the husband immediately drives to a pay phone (a pay phone?) parks no where near the pay phone to avoid being spotted on camera, and calls his EX-mistress...the one he hasn't talked to in weeks, to tell her "he left his wife, misses her, and wants to be with her?" Meanwhile he hasn't left his wife and has no intent to do so.
4. A couple hours after that the husband drives his F150 truck to a dark, desolate boat landing where the victim's car is also found abandoned, right at the same time?
5. The husband erases data from the 'black box' on his truck covering just the time period the crime occured
6. The husband/wife (one or both of them) discards a working DVR security system and purchases a brand new one TWO days after the crime.

You have to take the events in totality. You really think Sidney was purchasing that pregnancy test for his WIFE? Then why immediately call the ex mistress? Common sense.

I wish we could read this post to the jurors, then discuss point by point.

I just saw a post on twitter saying that the Judge went to school with SM's father. I had heard family friend, but not this... Not sure if it is true, but it would not surprise me.

What does SM's Father do for a living, anyone know?

I wish we could read this post to the jurors, then discuss point by point.
Me too. Except I hate shopping so I would let my husband go into Walmart without me 😂. But, I'd insist on the truck/heat being left on in December. And I wouldn't permit him to make a pit stop to sneakily call his hot, sexy mistress from a payphone.

UGH! It just irks me how the judge was so quick to shut down Nancy's closing statements and told her to "wrap it up!".

She was going to show a presentation to the jury for her final closing statement, but the judge voraciously said, "NO!"

I'm pretty sure she was going to show a graphical timeline, summarizing all the events the State presented in their case.

Could this have helped to persuade the jury? Guess we'll never know. Thanks judge!

That ticked me off as quick as he did that. She was giving a great explanation of all of the evidence presented. Then, abruptly interupted by the judge. I find his kind of judging poor, highly snooty & extremely archaic. jmo

I just saw a post on twitter saying that the Judge went to school with SM's father. I had heard family friend, but not this... Not sure if it is true, but it would not surprise me.

If this is indeed the truth, it must have been pre-college days.

While I can't imagine them maintaining a friendship all these years,, due to different social status, it is still the good ole South. The people who are born and raised here take care of each other. The more generations that are raised here, the deeper the ties go. This is especially true in small communities which the Myrtle Beach area would have been in those days.

So is it reasonable that:

1. Sidney claimed his wife was in the truck at Walmart, yet he locks her in the truck with his remote and takes the keys and remote with him?
2. A wife sits in the truck when she has the chance to go into Walmart? (what wife who can easily walk does this?)
3. RIGHT after buying a pregnancy test, the husband immediately drives to a pay phone (a pay phone?) parks no where near the pay phone to avoid being spotted on camera, and calls his EX-mistress...the one he hasn't talked to in weeks, to tell her "he left his wife, misses her, and wants to be with her?" Meanwhile he hasn't left his wife and has no intent to do so.
4. A couple hours after that the husband drives his F150 truck to a dark, desolate boat landing where the victim's car is also found abandoned, right at the same time?
5. The husband erases data from the 'black box' on his truck covering just the time period the crime occured
6. The husband/wife (one or both of them) discards a working DVR security system and purchases a brand new one TWO days after the crime.

You have to take the events in totality. You really think Sidney was purchasing that pregnancy test for his WIFE? Then why immediately call the ex mistress? Common sense.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Bravo.gif
    Bravo.gif
    984.3 KB · Views: 261
It appears this judge has abused his power to do everything to protect SM. Let's see, let me allow a DT biased juror in to deadlock the vote, while treating NL as a 2nd class citizen throughout the trial, and allow media coverage to get a change of venue for retrial. Maybe even moved to my home county. That way I can continue to keep an eye on things. Gotta look after my peeps, ya know? SMDH. Love and hugs to Elvis family and friends xoxo

Great point! I made my LW watch Bri's testimony. Probably the best that Nancy performed throughout the trial. She played well on emotion given the circumstance, talked with a soft voice and was to the point.

But, I totally agree. There should have been a 48"x72" portrait of Heather on that easel the whole time Nancy had the floor!

Does anyone remember when Holly Bobo's mom fought to change the law in Tennessee that didn't allow a homicide victim's photo at trial? I wonder if there is a similar law in place in SC?

Me too. Except I hate shopping so I would let my husband go into Walmart without me . But, I'd insist on the truck/heat being left on in December. And I wouldn't permit him to make a pit stop to sneakily call his hot, sexy mistress from a payphone.

BBM -- Me too TTF14. Hubby and I sometimes argue about who goes in the store. I really hate Walmart.

Why would you take a pregnancy test to meet someone you planned to kill? To me, that plot thickens.

It's the only rebutt that has me thinking today about a next trial.

Oh, and the use of an overhead projector, I understand the not transcribing the poor audio due to laws. The jury should have had the opportunity to play it back & the other video over and over again, in the jury chambers. It helps. jmo

I just thought of something which I don't think was asked. I guess the law in SC does not allow it, but isn't there such a thing as both sides get to strike a number of jurors during jury selection? If the law allowed certainly the state would have struck the friend of Truslow.

I would have hoped that the judge would have instructed them to keep at it, but if he was convinced there was truly an impasse, there was no point in sending them back to again re-affirm their deadlock.

In wondering if the KT friend was one of the hold outs, I also wonder what was the point if his NG was one for SM's team. All it accomplished is giving the state another shot at conviction.

I just thought of something which I don't think was asked. I guess the law in SC does not allow it, but isn't there such a thing as both sides get to strike a number of jurors during jury selection? If the law allowed certainly the state would have struck the friend of Truslow.

I read the state didn't want KT's friend as a juror. The judge said he was okay. Haven't a clue what the real story is though on that. If that's the true story, well then, there would be some legal problems pdq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ