MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to speculate that if the foreman knows KT its probable the judge knows the foreman, or at least knows his background. Maybe the judge thought this jury could use an educated Moses to lead this jury through the Promised Land or I guess I should say the wilderness

BBM:Or sway the jury to his interpretation of the evidence.

I wish Nancy Grace had addressed this issue. Nothing on her show about this trial at all, period.

I have not seen NG in a while, but early on she had a show on the case. I remember seeing it and was very unimpressed with her show on it. She got 3 or 4 details wrong about the case. I don't remember what they were but I thought she must need a new producer or something.

This is unbelievable!

The one hour difference is so reasonable and explainable by daylight savings time. The extra few minutes should not be of concern. What home has every clock and watch show the exact same time? Unless they are connected to the world system-I don't remember the name of it - that automatically changes your time, each item has its own system and may be a few minutes off. Another thing is when a person is manually changing the clock for DST, the clock they are going by may be off. So many possibilities for the few minutes.

A deadlocked jury over such a point that can easily be explained and the owner did acknowledge not changing the clock.Is this person nit-picking and went into this trial knowing s/he would be a holdout? Eleven people voting together and one person voting the opposite way does raise a question. My belief is the eleven voted guilty.

My opinions only.

atomic clock, no

I am going to speculate that if the foreman knows KT its probable the judge knows the foreman, or at least knows his background. Maybe the judge thought this jury could use an educated Moses to lead this jury through the Promised Land or I guess I should say the wilderness

Not if Moses is friends with Lucifer.

I didn't get to see livestream when the jury informed the judge that they were hung, was it said in courtroom or a note handed over to the judge by the baliff? I would like to know if a juror handed the note over or told the judge they were hung. The foreman speaks for the jury. Did anyone speak for the jury in the courtroom?

I didn't get to see livestream when the jury informed the judge that they were hung, was it said in courtroom or a note handed over to the judge by the baliff? I would like to know if a juror handed the note over or told the judge they were hung. The foreman speaks for the jury. Did anyone speak for the jury in the courtroom?

It was a note. Nobody spoke.

I only tagged the posts on the one page ATL linked to, so there may have been more discussion on this thread since then, but the answer is that it's more complicated than any of the answers given above. If the defendant is acquitted of kidnapping and then later charged with murder, my assumption would be that there is no double jeopardy unless it is not possible to prove murder without introducing evidence of the alleged kidnapping. Which might be the case--I don't know the facts.

I think this has been the problem with the circular nature of this case, as presented, all along. The murder charge meant there was a kidnapping event, and the kidnapping led to or was the motive for the murder. And they had to give up the murder charge, so are stuck with more circular issues on a future charge. From what you're saying, that could mean double jeopardy. Thank you for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73