MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
Cathy Retweeted Summer Dashe
Judge sentences #SidneyMoorer to 5 months for contempt for violating the gag order. #MoorerTrial

This makes me soooo happy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the judge decided since they were there, he would address the contempt charge. Pretty sure ole Sidney was surprised! Could not happen to a nicer guy!

I read the judge decided since they were there, he would address the contempt charge. Pretty sure ole Sidney was surprised! Could not happen to a nicer guy!

I know that's right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Summer Dashe said on Twitter that TM wasn't there. From the few video clips, it didn't look like PC was there either. They seriously did not expect him to go into custody today, did they?

So, no one to kiss and hug him goodbye. They really believe they are above the law. All the complaints we have had about the gag order, so he finally got punished, but it was only after it affected the trial, IMO. It's a start...

His latest mug shot is up. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it or how to post it. It's on WMBF

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can't add anything - everything in my mind is already noted here. I am so snickering. I do believe that judge was looking out for his own reputation!! LOL

I'm guessing the judge is making sure old Sidney shuts the heck up for the next trial.

I bet they do want to postpone the trial now. Poor ol Sid will be led in from jail verses sauntering in off the streets. Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

my opinion only..... been thinking about this.... I believe that something happened to Heather at Longbeards since her phone was there for so long. Then someone drove her car and had possession of her phone, got to Augusta Plantation Dr. and realized they may have forgotten something at Longbeards, turned around and went back.... The timing at PTL was just long enough to drop the car off and get out of there... any thoughts??

my opinion only..... been thinking about this.... I believe that something happened to Heather at Longbeards since her phone was there for so long. Then someone drove her car and had possession of her phone, got to Augusta Plantation Dr. and realized they may have forgotten something at Longbeards, turned around and went back.... The timing at PTL was just long enough to drop the car off and get out of there... any thoughts??

I have been thinking this for some time, and the parked in the parking lot at her apartment was trying to decide whether or not to leave the car there, decided not to, thus the calls too SMALL to come get me at PTl. I think HE was gone at Longbeards. MOO?

Just heard on WMBF News at 11 that judge is still considering a change of venue.

Well he better hurry up and make that decision!!
Yeah really. Didn't they already send out questionnaires/re-select new jury pool? IIRC, the news also said something about sending more out.

This:

Moorer sentenced for breaking gag order; judge considering change of venue

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – A judge sentenced Sidney Moorer to five months in jail for breaking a gag order by speaking to the press during the trial for the alleged kidnapping of missing woman Heather Elvis.

The judge also granted a postponement of the retrial and discussed a possible change of venue.

PTF, did you edit your post? I swear I was looking at "Orrie West."

Big sigh, more of the same from Judge Markley!

Thinking logically ... after the mistrial, the judge knew he was going to hear the violation of the gag order case. Likely, he also had an idea of the length of time he was going to make him serve, and if he would remand him immediately. In addition, a change of venue was also on the table.

On July 15th, 800 juror questionnaires were mailed out, and a trial was put on the schedule for August 29th. Does that make any sense at all in light of the above? Sid has to serve five months on the gag order violation. I'm sure they will let him out a few days before Christmas (I can see the photo op that will present).

Is anyone else scratching their head, something in the legality of all this I'm just not getting? Ironic that Markley comments on the "cost of sequestering a jury brought in from another county". Hasn't a carp ton of money already been wasted? I won't even comment on Truslow's request for a PD, and help with the cost of the trial transcript. I recall seeing pics of a brand new truck, and trips to Disney, but of course there is no money to pay legal expenses.

Rant over~:gaah:

Big sigh, more of the same from Judge Markley!

Thinking logically ... after the mistrial, the judge knew he was going to hear the violation of the gag order case. Likely, he also had an idea of the length of time he was going to make him serve, and if he would remand him immediately. In addition, a change of venue was also on the table.

On July 15th, 800 juror questionnaires were mailed out, and a trial was put on the schedule for August 29th. Does that make any sense at all in light of the above? Sid has to serve five months on the gag order violation. I'm sure they will let him out a few days before Christmas (I can see the photo op that will present).

Is anyone else scratching their head, something in the legality of all this I'm just not getting? Ironic that Markley comments on the "cost of sequestering a jury brought in from another county". Hasn't a carp ton of money already been wasted? I won't even comment on Truslow's request for a PD, and help with the cost of the trial transcript. I recall seeing pics of a brand new truck, and trips to Disney, but of course there is no money to pay legal expenses.

You very well might be thinking more logically than the judge, Knox! ;)

- The first question is will SM actually serve all or most of that 5 months for the gag order violation? Will he be released early for good behavior?
- The next question is when will the trial be held? First Qtr 2017? (that's my guess at this point).
- And finally, where will the 2nd trial be held? (I can easily see it being moved to another county & wonder if the judge will try to move it closer to where he personally resides.)

The wheels of justice certainly do grind slowly, perhaps even a bit more slowly in the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015