MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

Would all of the searches and dozens of K9s not have found him in these rivulets? I was back there searching a few times and there were searchers and dogs all over that area. Are they that deep or mucky that he would have just sunk and stuck there and not surfaced? Does anyone know what they look like? I did not venture back that far, so I don’t know what it is like.

I’ve reviewed the thread to see what I might be missing but I’m still not seeing what narrow strip of water is being discussed. And I can’t quite figure out if that discussion and the thing 15 minutes away from Eagan over by the 5-8 Club are the same discussion. Is the water strip in Eagan or over there? Thanks!
I think the strip of water/rivulet is adjacent to/back from the ponds and commercial building where he went missing. Quite a distance from the 5-8 Club area where a body was found. Apparently that body was a different one.

Would all of the searches and dozens of K9s not have found him in these rivulets? I was back there searching a few times and there were searchers and dogs all over that area. Are they that deep or mucky that he would have just sunk and stuck there and not surfaced? Does anyone know what they look like? I did not venture back that far, so I don’t know what it is like.
That’s awesome that you searched. I’m too scared to go into the area for fear I will get stuck in the muck but have wondered when is the last time any drones went over? If the rivulets aren’t that deep it would be good to have a high-resolution photography drone run the length of them. Maybe they’ve done it but if it’s been a while they could do it again. It would be nice to hear of a renewed search.

That’s awesome that you searched. I’m too scared to go into the area for fear I will get stuck in the muck but have wondered when is the last time any drones went over? If the rivulets aren’t that deep it would be good to have a high-resolution photography drone run the length of them. Maybe they’ve done it but if it’s been a while they could do it again. It would be nice to hear of a renewed search.
I did not go back that far either. I went a couple times shortly after he went missing, but mainly stuck close to the tracks, around the ponds, and back into the brush/weeds where it was solid ground to walk on. Most of it was trampled down already from all the other searchers.
I would hope they used all the drones and sonar they had on the rivulets too.
I would just like to hear any update…

The pic of the ‘strip of water’ or rivulet is here:

Sure seems it's time for private investigators. LE has been concentrating on the same pond since he disappeared to no avail. New people. New eyes. Other views.

I did not go back that far either. I went a couple times shortly after he went missing, but mainly stuck close to the tracks, around the ponds, and back into the brush/weeds where it was solid ground to walk on. Most of it was trampled down already from all the other searchers.
I would hope they used all the drones and sonar they had on the rivulets too.
I would just like to hear any update…
I've also walked/searched near the tracks and around all the ponds in 2023. This year I have hiked deep into the brush. If you're looking at the map, there are a couple smaller holding ponds off Camanche Rd. I've hiked the creek starting near these ponds, all the way back and across to the backside of the holding ponds where K9 thought the picked up his scent. Even in March, the brush is well over my head. I am 6 feet tall and visibility in some of those areas is maybe 3 feet. There is plenty of evidence of transient activity in the area. We are always in a group. The terrain is wet even when it's dry. There are lots of divots with water all around this area. The terrain is difficult to say the least in some areas. As we walked towards the backside of the ponds, we saw evidence of vehicles recently being in the area as well. Not sure if these wheel tracks were from the original search or not, but it certainly looked more recent. You could spend weeks/months back here with a drone and still not see everything.

I bring this up because I see people asking about small ponds on the map. Some of these ponds/creeks are here and some of them have dried up. For example, the pond west of the tracks directly connecting to the Essendant lot was almost completely bone dry. On the map, it shows it full. The pond being this low gave us access to some large runoff piping, which we also searched.

I'm not sure what is going on down in that area. There was a huge clearing of trees and brush from the wastewater treatment facility all the way to the ponds behind Essendant. The clearing is roughly 40' wide just east the tracks.

We walk this area frequently.

I've also walked/searched near the tracks and around all the ponds in 2023. This year I have hiked deep into the brush. If you're looking at the map, there are a couple smaller holding ponds off Camanche Rd. I've hiked the creek starting near these ponds, all the way back and across to the backside of the holding ponds where K9 thought the picked up his scent. Even in March, the brush is well over my head. I am 6 feet tall and visibility in some of those areas is maybe 3 feet. There is plenty of evidence of transient activity in the area. We are always in a group. The terrain is wet even when it's dry. There are lots of divots with water all around this area. The terrain is difficult to say the least in some areas. As we walked towards the backside of the ponds, we saw evidence of vehicles recently being in the area as well. Not sure if these wheel tracks were from the original search or not, but it certainly looked more recent. You could spend weeks/months back here with a drone and still not see everything.

I bring this up because I see people asking about small ponds on the map. Some of these ponds/creeks are here and some of them have dried up. For example, the pond west of the tracks directly connecting to the Essendant lot was almost completely bone dry. On the map, it shows it full. The pond being this low gave us access to some large runoff piping, which we also searched.

I'm not sure what is going on down in that area. There was a huge clearing of trees and brush from the wastewater treatment facility all the way to the ponds behind Essendant. The clearing is roughly 40' wide just east the tracks.

Wow, thank you for this really detailed description. Although I live in the area, I hadn’t been that far into the brush and was really picturing things differently. This gives me hope that he’s there and that people are still looking. I hope dogs can be used again — it seems like the canine nose might yet have a better chance than human eyes.

I have heard they are building a paved trail and boardwalks from the Greenway by Lone Oak to the Cedar Bridge. Not sure if that is the construction you are seeing. Minnesota River Greenway, Fort Snelling Segment| Dakota County

I would hope with all of that construction, they may find a body. If not, do they pave right over him?! Ugh.
Or is he even back there? Or in the deep pond, which there was talk that the family was going to have drained last spring? Never heard if it was or what happened with that theory.

Certainly, with today's huge tractors, etc. there is the possibility of mowing down the vegetation to a point where searchers could access everything. Why hasn't big equipment been put to use?

You mention transients. Yes. Definitely. I have previously mentioned the idea of looking at Gun Club Lake. Not that far from where he disappeared. Transient camps there.

IMO, it seems LE decided right away that Bryce fell in the water or marsh, and not much else was explored. At least that we have heard about or know of.
And it seems that's what they are still deciding. Why hasn't a deep search been expanded to include Gun Club, to include the deep drainage ditches?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh
Back