GUILTY MN - Carisa Odegaard, mom murdered by ex-husband, Warren, Aug 22, 2022

Last edited:
This case is so horrible...
1668130843571.png
Anders Odegaard Murdered Ex-Wife Carissa Odegaard: Documents (lawandcrime.com)
According to court documents, a deputy at the scene spotted a man, later identified as Anders Odegaard, walking out of the kitchen with what looked to be blood smeared on his left eyebrow and blood in his hair. The deputy said he saw a woman’s body, later identified as Carissa Odegaard, near the front doorway suffering from severe head trauma.

Court documents said the couple’s children were at home when the attack happened, and Carissa Odegaard was holding their 2-year-old child.

Authorities shared that the couple’s 9-year-old child told investigators his parents got into an argument that evening. He believed his father grabbed a knife or a spatula and hit his mother. The 9-year-old told deputies his father has hit his mother before, but usually with his hand.

The child said his father told him to get out of the house and that’s when he ran to the highway to get help.

and:

Deputy McMahon noticed that the Defendant had what looked to be blood smeared on his left eyebrow and blood in his hair. Deputy McMahon asked the Defendant what was going on and all the Defendant would say was “I don’t feel right”. Deputy McMahon asked the Defendant where the injured party was, and he didn’t answer. Deputy McMahon took a quick glance down the hallway and noticed an unresponsive female laying in the west entry or the front doorway.

Ugh. Enough to make you shudder.
This poor mama. I cannot imagine. Truly unspeakable tragedy. Can't read too much on this one, makes me ill

This case is so horrible...
View attachment 379049
Anders Odegaard Murdered Ex-Wife Carissa Odegaard: Documents (lawandcrime.com)
According to court documents, a deputy at the scene spotted a man, later identified as Anders Odegaard, walking out of the kitchen with what looked to be blood smeared on his left eyebrow and blood in his hair. The deputy said he saw a woman’s body, later identified as Carissa Odegaard, near the front doorway suffering from severe head trauma.

Court documents said the couple’s children were at home when the attack happened, and Carissa Odegaard was holding their 2-year-old child.

Authorities shared that the couple’s 9-year-old child told investigators his parents got into an argument that evening. He believed his father grabbed a knife or a spatula and hit his mother. The 9-year-old told deputies his father has hit his mother before, but usually with his hand.

The child said his father told him to get out of the house and that’s when he ran to the highway to get help.

and:

Deputy McMahon noticed that the Defendant had what looked to be blood smeared on his left eyebrow and blood in his hair. Deputy McMahon asked the Defendant what was going on and all the Defendant would say was “I don’t feel right”. Deputy McMahon asked the Defendant where the injured party was, and he didn’t answer. Deputy McMahon took a quick glance down the hallway and noticed an unresponsive female laying in the west entry or the front doorway.

Ugh. Enough to make you shudder.
This poor mama. I cannot imagine. Truly unspeakable tragedy. Can't read too much on this one, makes me ill
His mugshot: her blood is still in his hair.

I'm crying for this mommy and her children.

What these littles saw...

Heart. Broken.

JMO

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/minnesota/aanders-odegaard-former-lawyer-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-ex-wife

SBM

The two had five children together, three of whom were witnesses – including the youngest, who Carissa was holding before she was attacked, the affidavit said.

Originally arrested for domestic assault, Odegaard was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree murder without intent while committing a felony after his ex-wife died. Each charge has a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison.

Anders Odegaard.JPG

Anders Leland Odegaard Mugshot
Marshall County Sheriff's Department

Odegaard initially pleaded not guilty, but on July 6 he offered an Alford plea to second-degree murder without intent while committing a felony, meaning he maintains his innocence but concedes there’s enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty.

Odegaard changed his plea after the state and defense agreed on a plea agreement, but his sentence won't be determined until Aug. 15.

IMO
Alford plea again. Almost 2 years after the crime and so glad there isn't a trial for the kid's sake.
5 kids without a mother and now a father

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/minnesota/aanders-odegaard-former-lawyer-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-ex-wife

SBM

The two had five children together, three of whom were witnesses – including the youngest, who Carissa was holding before she was attacked, the affidavit said.

Originally arrested for domestic assault, Odegaard was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree murder without intent while committing a felony after his ex-wife died. Each charge has a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison.

Anders Odegaard.JPG

Anders Leland Odegaard Mugshot
Marshall County Sheriff's Department

Odegaard initially pleaded not guilty, but on July 6 he offered an Alford plea to second-degree murder without intent while committing a felony, meaning he maintains his innocence but concedes there’s enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty.

Odegaard changed his plea after the state and defense agreed on a plea agreement, but his sentence won't be determined until Aug. 15.

IMO
Alford plea again. Almost 2 years after the crime and so glad there isn't a trial for the kid's sake.
5 kids without a mother and now a father
I hope he will get substantial time behind bars. He deserves life IMO.

‘Keep going for the kids’: Family of mother of five who was murdered by ex-husband opens up a year later

SBM
It’s been a year of adjustments for the children, who range in age from 4 to 10. They now live with Odegaard’s parents in Jamestown.

“He’s not going to hold himself accountable. He’s not going to say, ‘Yes, I’m guilty of this.’ He thinks he did nothing wrong,” Woinarowicz said.

The plea deal calls for an 18-year prison sentence. However, if Anders Odegaard behaves in prison, he will be released in 11 years. The couple’s youngest son will still be in school.

Anders Odegaard will be formally sentenced next month. The 18-year sentence is six years more than average, based on Minnesota’s sentencing guidelines.

Alford plea withdrawn in Warren murder case | Thief River Falls Times & Northern Watch – Official Page

sorry it wouldn't let me copy paste.
Judge withdrew his acceptance of Alford plea because the victim's family was not notified beforehand (MN law).

Judge ordered a mental health evalution. His lawyer says he is willing to cooperate with evaluation.

IMO
sounds like both sides didn't know the law or thought the family knew. interesting. I just wish he'd take responsibility so the kids can start to heal.

Family of murder victim speaks out after sentencing
SBM

Today, Anders Odegaard was sentenced to 220 months in jail after pleading guilty to 2nd degree murder of his ex-wife without intent.

During the sentencing hearing, the family let it be known they were unsatisfied with the punishment Odegaard is receiving, noting the young ages the children will be once he is released from prison.

However, his actual sentence puts the oldest kids just barely out of high school.

A therapist who’s been working with the children since their mother was murdered, provided a statement for them. Her speech included descriptions of the assault that the children gave her.

Woinarowicz says, ”I hope that we can make them feel safe.”

The therapist emphasized that what the children witnessed and experienced puts them at increased risk for suicide and depression.

IMO

This situation is beyond words for the mom that was killed and her children that are left behind.

Last edited:
Family of murder victim speaks out after sentencing
SBM

Today, Anders Odegaard was sentenced to 220 months in jail after pleading guilty to 2nd degree murder of his ex-wife without intent.

During the sentencing hearing, the family let it be known they were unsatisfied with the punishment Odegaard is receiving, noting the young ages the children will be once he is released from prison.

However, his actual sentence puts the oldest kids just barely out of high school.

A therapist who’s been working with the children since their mother was murdered, provided a statement for them. Her speech included descriptions of the assault that the children gave her.

Woinarowicz says, ”I hope that we can make them feel safe.”

The therapist emphasized that what the children witnessed and experienced puts them at increased risk for suicide and depression.

IMO

This situation is beyond words for the mom that was killed and her children that are left behind.
This is unconscionable. PETA would have a longer sentence for animal abuse. 220 months.

It's not right. It's not just.

Who will protect the children? He already killed their mother....

Prosecution fail.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoffeeStan