MN MN - Christopher Kerze, 17, Eagan, 20 April 1990

I often think of Christopher Kerze. I didn't know him but based on where he lived and the time frame we more than likely went to the same school but he would have been a year ahead of me.
In 2004 the Eagan police department received an anonymous letter saying to quit searching for Christopher and he would come home when he was ready. They were not able to verify who sent the letter ( postmarked Seattle). I hope it was him and he was ok and will come home at some point and really hope the letter wasn't a mean hoax.
Here's to hoping he is still alive and can be found. Merry Christmas Chris.

BBM.

I just want to clear something up here. I'm not sure where fizzypop got this info from as no source is cited, but this article recalls it as saying something different. It also says that they didn't think the letter was credible.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/28/eagan-parents-holding-out-hope-to-find-son-missing-since-1990/

In 2004, an anonymous letter postmarked Seattle was sent to Eagan police that claimed Christopher “was a guardian angel and we should stop looking,” Machtemes said. Bolks and investigators from other agencies determined the letter was not credible, he said.

Is this on the wrong thread or am I missing a price to the story?
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, so I just went with it when I clicked the link.

Is this on the wrong thread or am I missing a price to the story?

I'm not sure, so I just went with it when I clicked the link.

LOL, my bad. I could have sworn I was on Erica Franolich's thread (see my tag line) when I posted that. Sorry 'bout that.

LOL, my bad. I could have sworn I was on Erica Franolich's (see my tag line) thread when I posted that. Sorry 'bout that.
Hey! We brought this thread up so no harm to that!

Bumping.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/110dmmn.html
attachment.php

CKerze.jpg
CKerze2.jpg
CKerze3.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kerze_christopher.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• e752178ea441bab44411e2911c7c13e5.png
    e752178ea441bab44411e2911c7c13e5.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 62
  • kerze_christopher4.jpg
    kerze_christopher4.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
OT: I personally don't mind duplicate posts because sometimes it makes it easier to search when a thread is big and it brings it to the front, so no worries.

Wondering what led LE to think of searching for CK in Canada?
February 20, 2018

After 26 Years, Christopher Kerze's Parents Have Renewed Hope He Could be Found

NCMC738703x1.jpg

NCMC738703e1.jpg

The composite images show two renderings of how Christopher may appear at age 43. He may wear glasses or contacts. When Christopher was last seen, he was wearing a light blue trench coat, a black shirt, blue jeans, a watch, and brown leather shoes.

• dontHesitate.png
  • ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
  • call911.png
  • Eagan Police Department (Minnesota) 1-651-675-5700
"We never give up. Any small clue, any tip. At one point we were looking in Canada, we were pouring over maps in Canada to try and find some type of lead. So any little piece of information can help break these cases and lead us to an answer.”

Very interesting case.
Things that stand out to me:
1) I wonder if the word “lost” being underlined twice was a hint towards something. Such as, I want to be lost, or even a hint to where was going.
2) How was a letter mailed so quickly to his house? It sounds like it was sent by someone else, and not Chris. However, who would know to send this, and it seems like it had to have been sent the same day or day before he went missing.
They did not have internet back then to talk to other people and meet them online. Did they have family in Duluth?
3) Could he have been gay and didn’t want his parents to know? It wasn’t as accepted back then. But after a long time of being away, he is too ashamed to come back, due to the suffering he caused?
4) The shotgun and abandonment of the car seem to point towards suicide, possibly. But why the ATM withdrawal, and the letters? I think he could have just thought the gun was for protection or to sell for more money.

He probably hitchiked for a while, went out west, and changed his name. Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back