GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks they got it wrong?

Well maybe on the harshest charge. But it’s all open to interpretation and those jurors saw it all. I don’t think anyone can reasonably know the facts of this case and find him innocent of everything. When you have paramedics telling you to get off someone, you get off them or you are at least recklessly endangering their lives. So if they die, you’re facing charges.

JUSTICE FOR GEORGE! I am crying. Two lives thrown away that both could have done so much more. I am so happy for George's family, it has to be a huge relief.

Policing in the states (AND CANADA) have so far to go though. I hope this makes other bad apples think twice, because the jury will listen to the evidence and they WILL convict.

Well maybe on the harshest charge. But it’s all open to interpretation and those jurors saw it all. I don’t think anyone can reasonably know the facts of this case and find him innocent of everything. When you have paramedics telling you to get off someone, you get off them or you are at least recklessly endangering their lives. So if they die, you’re facing charges.
Yes. I don’t believe the polar opposite of what they found. I just don’t agree with everything. Seems I’m the only one. LOL. That’s fine.

What he did was wrong I definitely agree with that but I do think the police training has a lot to answer for. They really need to sort that out going forward.

I agree 100% with your post! Well said. We can't forget that things need to change as there is a lot of evidence for an underlying systemic problem. Training, procedure manuals, culture needs to change... They will need to invest heavily into education. The system/culture in the workplace does really shape how people respond... I personally think its harsh, but i understand that people are relieved and glad.

WHOA!!! Today it came in. ALL 3.

Foreperson #19.....

clip from another post... I'm just sliding in....

No. 19: White man, 30s
He said he’s in client services and has had to resolve conflicts before.

In his questionnaire, he indicated his view of Chauvin was “somewhat negative” because he didn’t resuscitate Floyd, and that he supports Black Lives Matter in a general context. He also said he has some unfavorable views of Blue Lives Matter.

He said he has a “friend of a friend” who is a Minneapolis K-9 officer but that he hasn’t spoken to him about the case or seen him since the pandemic.

He said he’s seen the bystander video about two or three times, not in full, as part of news articles.

I don't necessarily think they got it wrong... But, I also feel like we'll never truly know whether their decisions were based solely on the entirety of the evidence presented in court. JMO

I think we have to assume that the jurors weighed the entirety of the evidence as the trial progressed. To think otherwise is insulting to the jurors and to the whole system of justice IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57