GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Also- why can't people just get a divorce? We see this happening over and over and over. So pointless. ESPECIALLY for a childless couple like Kira and JT. A divorce may hurt your wallet for a minute but when it's all said and done- he could have went on with his life and never had to speak to her again. Senseless.

So true! So senseless! Something had to push him into a rage, or was he so possessive, so miserable he didn't want her to go on to live a better life?

I wonder where the roommate was during all of this?

I wonder about that too. I wouldn't think they could have been home at the time of the murder or the following days.
So he filled up her car with gas at 2:15 am, and left the gas station going a different direction than home. She was likely in the trunk at the time. He didn't park her car at MOA until 9:45 am. That gives him 7.5 hours to hide the body. I sure hope they have some kind of tracking on the cell phone and which towers the phone was using. To give them some direction in where to search.

I wonder about that too. I wouldn't think they could have been home at the time of the murder or the following days.
So he filled up her car with gas at 2:15 am, and left the gas station going a different direction than home. She was likely in the trunk at the time. He didn't park her car at MOA until 9:45 am. That gives him 7.5 hours to hide the body. I sure hope they have some kind of tracking on the cell phone and which towers the phone was using. To give them some direction in where to search.

Or to at least be able to determine how much gas was put into the vehicle and compare to what was left in it at MOA (assuming he didn't fill up again before abandoning the car). 7.5 hours gives him a lot of time.

And he reported her missing Sunday. My spouse goes missing and it's being reported ASAP. I wouldn't even wait 24 hours much less 48. But if he did kill her as the police believe, of course he wasn't in such a rush to bring police attention to the fact that she was gone.

Yes, the ground is frozen. Talked to my family last night. They have had some above freezing temperatures this week and some of the snow cover is melting. However, statistically-speaking, March is the snowiest month there. A lake would be a difficult hiding place this time of year because the ice cover is several inches deep on most lakes yet. IMO:not saying it's impossible, but it would be hard work. People who ice fish could potentially have the tools to cut the ice. Great idea!

Wasn't there something about him being a construction worker?

Makes me very sad to hear more about the details.. was really hoping for a good outcome.

As far as hiding the body like someone earlier was asking yes it would be difficult to do right now. We have a fair amount of snowfall, the lakes are frozen over. You can obviously cut through the ice but that would take awhile and there's 0 cover out on frozen lakes so it would be risky, plus people would probably wonder what you were doing out there if you didn't have a ice house fishing shack or tent. I think it would be difficult to bury someone in this weather. There are areas where a lot of snow has melted but I imagine it would be a tough job to dig a hiding spot alone with the ground still being pretty cold. Not going to say it is impossible to do either of these but certainly not fast or easy.

HMM-I was thinking about all the times the friend worked on her car.That to me shows something is not right,then she ends up missing & dead.If she was killed in the bedroom,say when she was sleeping,wouldn't that be premeditated murder?

@MaraGottfried via Twitter https://twitter.com/maragottfried

Bail was set at $1 million this afternoon for Jeffery Trevino, reports @EmilyGurnon. Kira Trevino's sister clapped when it was pronounced.

Watched a news video from a couple days ago, wherein they talked to Kira's sister, who seems like a loving, caring, strong woman and sister. My thoughts are with her and her family.

HMM-I was thinking about all the times the friend worked on her car.That to me shows something is not right,then she ends up missing & dead.If she was killed in the bedroom,say when she was sleeping,wouldn't that be premeditated murder?

Probably, but I think they know it will be a harder case to prosecute because of a lack of a body and they had to charge him by 10 AM this morning or release him. I think it'd be harder to win the case by adding that the charges were premeditated.

OMG, not liking the details of the blood in the home that are coming out. No wonder they were slipping up and saying "homicide", "the body" etc.

And yes, I worry about the 7.5 hours from the gas station to leaving the car at the mall. He most likely did travel far, let's hope someone saw him somewhere along the line.

I feel so bad for her family and loved ones.

"Without a body, pinning Kira Trevino's disappearance on anyone could be tricky"

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22682723/trevino-case-proving-homicide-without-body-not-easy

By Mara H. Gottfried
mgottfried@pioneerpress.com
Posted: 02/27/2013 12:01:00 AM CST
Updated: 02/28/2013 08:35:22 AM CST

This case is a bit unique in that we have a roommate living with them who might provide the necessary testimony that when combined with all the blood found in the house, car, etc. point exclusively to the husband.
I would think they can tell when blood loss is significant enough to indicate a person couldn't have survived.

I looked at his FB yesterday and it struck me how - not only doesn't he smile in his pics - he looks unhappy. Possibly even disturbed. He looks like he is holding on to her very possessively in the pics from Costa Rica which I gather was their wedding. They have not been married long. {Sigh} Why??? So very sad!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murder-cops-evidence-gruesome-crime-home.html

When you read all the evidence you wounder how he could possibly think he wouldn't be caught. Poor Kira :(

Someone brought up a really great point in the comments on the page. Has anyone looked into the parks in the area based off the zombie/cop photo, the zombie being "his wife" (his quotes, not mine)? Still kind of weird, that photo, nonetheless.

ETA: There's a park with plenty of woody areas near Kira's house about 15 minutes south by foot

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45
Back