Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

Knox

Reaction score

Winona Police Department

ICR 23005385
Missing Person: The Winona Police Department is seeking any assistance in locating Madeline Jane Kingsbury. Madeline has not been seen since the early morning of March 31st. If you have any information in regards to her whereabouts please call the Winona Police Department at 507-457-6492.

Anyone who wants to remain anonymous can contact: Crime Stoppers (winonaareacrimestoppers.com or 507-457-6530).

May be an image of 1 person
Facebook

Her Facebook - Log into Facebook

Thread #1

Winona Police Department

Winona County Emergency Management

5 h ·
Finding Madeline Kingsbury is the only Facebook page/group that is working with us and the law enforcement to coordinate searches.
Unfortunately we've been made aware of several pages/groups sharing incorrect information. Please follow Finding Madeline Kingsbury, Winona Police Department, and the Fillmore County Sheriff's Office for current and correct information.
Thank you
#findingmaddijane

Finding Madeline Kingsbury

Please don’t forget to RSVP to the search tomorrow morning if you plan on attending! THANK YOU!

SUNDAY, 23 APRIL 2023 FROM 10:00-20:00 CDT

SEARCH APRIL 23, 2023​

Whispering Hills Girl Scout Camp

Megan Kingsbury said the "focus is on finding Maddi," and her family is blocking out online theories about Madeline's disappearance.
Madeline Kingsbury's active Army infantryman brother was overseas when his dad called him with the troubling news that his sister was missing.

Stephen Kingsbury's 26-year-old sister hasn't been seen or heard from since she dropped off her kids at daycare with the children's father around 8 a.m. on March 31, and she sent her sister a "goofy" text to her sister around 8:15 a.m. the same day.

"Madeline is always in constant communication with family," Stephen told Fox News Digital in an email. "I came home to support my family and contribute in any way possible in efforts to locate Madeline and bring her home."

On Saturday, the Kingsbury family shared a 2021 video with Fox News Digital of Maddi, as she's known by family and friends, singing to her newborn son a couple of days after Stephen returned to Winona, Minnesota.

Missing Minnesota mom Madeline Kingsbury sings to her baby in 2021 videoVideo

*Precious moments…

Message from Finding Madeline Kingsbury about the video of Maddi singing to her newborn son.

This is the Maddi the family wants you to see. To know. To love. This is the Maddi with the beautiful voice singing to her newborn son Noah. This is the Maddi they want you to see when you are thinking of her. She is loved. She is missed. We are hoping that by sharing this very personal video that it makes you think of Maddi as a real person, not just a picture on a flyer.
Please continue helping this family to #BringMaddiHome
The family will continue to say thank you for any and all help. The appreciation they feel is immense. This community has welcomed them with open arms, so, from the family, "THANK YOU"!
#MadelineKingsbury
#ThankYouAll

Message from Finding Madeline Kingsbury about the video of Maddi singing to her newborn son.

This is the Maddi the family wants you to see. To know. To love. This is the Maddi with the beautiful voice singing to her newborn son Noah. This is the Maddi they want you to see when you are thinking of her. She is loved. She is missed. We are hoping that by sharing this very personal video that it makes you think of Maddi as a real person, not just a picture on a flyer.
Please continue helping this family to #BringMaddiHome
The family will continue to say thank you for any and all help. The appreciation they feel is immense. This community has welcomed them with open arms, so, from the family, "THANK YOU"!
#MadelineKingsbury
#ThankYouAll

Oh, her voice, crooning....

Beautiful and haunting both....

The lyrics.....

...Tell me you'll miss me...
While I'm alone and blue as can be....

Heartless to separate a mother from her babies....

Jmo

Whether the kids have the fathers last name or not he is responsible for child support if they don't live together. The ROP is a form the hospital gives when the baby is born. At least they used to. Then there is no doubts when they split for the Dad to pay support.
And he never signed that form. So right now he has no custodial rights. He will have to go thru the process of ROP. The ROP does not give him custody or visitation. He will have to file for custody. ROP is recognition of parentage. All of these rules apply to MN unmarried parents.

And he never signed that form. So right now he has no custodial rights. He will have to go thru the process of ROP. The ROP does not give him custody or visitation. He will have to file for custody. ROP is recognition of parentage. All of these rules apply to MN unmarried parents.
Does not signing the ROP mean that he excused from paying child support in the event he lives separate from the mother of the children? That question was put to me upthread. I think he still pays child support, but not sure.

The children have his last name, so I'm assuming he is responsible for child support in the event that the parents do not live together. I don't know anything about law in Minnesota where the parents must complete additional documents that would give the father parental rights.
I am don't know too much but I've picked up a little bit from people who do seem to know.

Here's a link to some of the discussion above in the thread.

Apparently in Minnesota there is such a thing called a Recognition of Parentage (ROP). Some people on WS have made a big deal about this. It seems that the baby daddy lacking a ROP means that he doesn't have any custody rights or duty to pay child support.

Here is a link to info. at the State of Minnesota website.

Of note:
"Advantages of signing the Recognition of Parentage...
For mothers, signing the Recognition of Parentage:...
  • Gives you the right to ask for financial support for your child, including basic support, medical and dental support and child care support from the legal father"
So the takeaway is that without the form the fact that the child has his last name, he lived with them, etc. apparently isn't enough to mean anything to the state. They want a piece of paper.

I only make the point to say that avoidance of child support isn't a clear motive. IMO

Last edited:
Does not signing the ROP mean that he excused from paying child support in the event he lives separate from the mother of the children? That question was put to me upthread. I think he still pays child support, but not sure.
Basically, yes. Without an ROP the mom doesn't have the legal right to ask for child support, according to this.

• Gives you the right to ask for financial support for your child, including basic support, medical and dental support and child care support from the legal father"
source:

This appears to be accurate.

For fathers, signing the Recognition of Parentage:...
  • Gives you the right to ask the court for parenting time (visitation) and custody"
source:

I'm no lawyer by any means. If he hires a lawyer he should be able to get visitation. I wonder why he is so hell bent on getting custody?

Basically, yes. Without an ROP the mom doesn't have the legal right to ask for child support, according to this.

source:
It's all right there!

Gives you the right to ask for financial support for your child.........including basic support, medical and dental support and child care support from the legal father!

It's all right there!

Gives you the right to ask for financial support for your child.........including basic support, medical and dental support and child care support from the legal father!
I believe you may have missed this part from @youarentsilly post:

BBM. There is no reason to believe he is paying child support since they were living together. Child support, direct or through agency, is usually if they are living separately. All IMO.

Per Minnesota's ROP form, him signing the ROP does not grant him custodial rights or parenting time. Custody is also automatically given to the mother if the parents are not married.

form_004.jpg

it does not. Legal parents can be ordered to pay child support. The ROP is one (quick, easy!) way to establish legal parenthood (fatherhood). However, you can’t just avoid CS by refusing to sign a ROP. If there’s no ROP, paternity/legal fatherhood would be established in court and then the custodian could pursue CS. After the establishment of a legal relationship between a father and child, he has standing to seek custody/parenting time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back