MN MN - St Paul, GRAPHIC, WhtMale 20-40, UP12123, frozen in vacant bldg, layers of clothing, Feb'85

DNA is still not complete in NamUs, I think someone reported back in March it had finally been submitted. He has fingerprints. Maybe we will get quicker results with the FBI's new fingerprint matching technology and redoubled efforts to ID people in that manner.

James Bohannon?

JBohannon.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/548dmca.html

Long shot, since it says he disappeared from Los Angeles and foul play is suspected, but maybe he went into hiding in Minnesota? I can't find any other pictures but his hair looks curly, what we can see of it. He's listed as 5'11" so a couple inches taller than UID.

James Bohannon?

JBohannon.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/548dmca.html

Long shot, since it says he disappeared from Los Angeles and foul play is suspected, but maybe he went into hiding in Minnesota? I can't find any other pictures but his hair looks curly, what we can see of it. He's listed as 5'11" so a couple inches taller than UID.

I don't think it's a long shot at all. Everyone thought Anita Drake met with foul play, her family was convinced she was murdered (except for her little sister, who knew the truth but didn't tell anyone) but it turned out she took off to start a new life and died of natural causes 30 years later. Sometimes even when the circumstances point to foul play, it doesn't always mean that's what happened. Without sometime type of evidence other than the person hasn't been seen in ages, I always take suspected foul play with a grain of salt.
They both have dental, so I wonder if they've ever been compared. You should send it in, Gardener, just to make sure. :)

I don't think it's a long shot at all. Everyone thought Anita Drake met with foul play, her family was convinced she was murdered (except for her little sister, who knew the truth but didn't tell anyone) but it turned out she took off to start a new life and died of natural causes 30 years later. Sometimes even when the circumstances point to foul play, it doesn't always mean that's what happened. Without sometime type of evidence other than the person hasn't been seen in ages, I always take suspected foul play with a grain of salt.
They both have dental, so I wonder if they've ever been compared. You should send it in, Gardener, just to make sure. :)

Thanks Alleykins. I don't know how to send it in. I prefer to just make suggestions here and if someone else thinks its good and wants to send it in, please go ahead. :redface:

Thanks Alleykins. I don't know how to send it in. I prefer to just make suggestions here and if someone else thinks its good and wants to send it in, please go ahead. :redface:

I don't mind doing it. I will do it right now.

Thank you, Alleykins! :yourock:

You're welcome. I just got an out of office reply stating there is a NamUs staff meeting this week, LOL !!!
I sent it to Dustin, who is James' case manager, he's usually very responsive and will let me know when he gets back.

You're welcome. I just got an out of office reply stating there is a NamUs staff meeting this week, LOL !!!
I sent it to Dustin, who is James' case manager, he's usually very responsive and will let me know when he gets back.

You are a amazing! I have a slight *phobia* of contacting new people. Maybe one of these days I will get brave enough to send in an UID suggestion. :blushing:

I received a reply from NamUs stating that they were not able to make a dental comparison based on the dentals they have so they have to wait until the DNA is processed to see if it's a match. They thanked me for the tip as it had not yet been looked into.

Hopefully the DNA will finish processing soon.

Thanks for the update! I'll anxiously await the DNA completion with you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

( Sent from KARE 11 )

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The bodies of five people exhumed*last summer remain unidentified so the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is turning to families with missing loved ones for clues.*

In a news conference on Tuesday, BCA officials urged those with missing family members to come forward to give DNA samples, in the hopes they may find a match to these unidentified remains.*

More at above link. This UID is one of the 5 exhumed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received notification from Namus that DNA processing is now complete. Hoping for some answers soon!

Received notification from Namus that DNA processing is now complete. Hoping for some answers soon!
That's great news.
Here's hoping!

I had to do a double take. They listed Mark's DOB as 1983, which would have made him 2 when this guy was found. I'm thinking it's a typo and someone put in the year he went missing.

I'm not familiar with this JD case, but I did happen to come by a young man who went missing from my part of the world, the Tampa Bay area in 1981 that (to me) looks a lot like the deceased.
rees_david.jpgSaint_Paul_John_Doe_UP12123_Reconstruction_001b.jpg

David Rees,19
Missing since Nov. 30, 1981
Auburndale, FL
5'10" 150 lbs
Red hair, blue eyes
Namus: MP5652
FL - FL - David Rees, 19, & Gregory Mitchell, 16, Polk County, 16 Nov 1981

What do you think?

THe Coroner from Ramsey Stated in this article he died of an over dose and was found frozen in the warehouse. He also had a duffle baf with 4 pairs pants, jeans, running shoes, shirts, So he must have been traveling.

[FONT=&amp]'It’s rare for the medical examiner’s office to be unable to identify a body, but it happens. In February 1985, a man with no identification was found dead in an abandoned Lowertown warehouse".[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"The man had overdosed on phenobarbital, and his body was frozen in the building. He could have been a vagrant, but he didn’t seem to fit the bill — he was in his 20s or 30s and in good shape; wore nice, clean clothes; and had a neat appearance and good dental care".

http://www.twincities.com/2013/01/0...s-retiring-investigator-known-for-compassion/

He was a regular guy, probably accidentally overdosed.[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS
Back