MN MN - Vickie Arleen Sundgaard, 23, Alexandria, 19 Apr 1987

Same photo but color

6becbc6b38a99783f1f6371be8dcf07e.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color is always so much better ... TY

I wonder what the evidence was for clearing the husband, Dwayne Rodger Sundgaard In 1989 and 1999 he was convicted of criminal sexual conduct (see 8 Court Records for Dwayne Sundgaard found in MN ). Whilst Vicki may just have been unlucky it certainly seems a coincidence both to have met a rapist and married a sexual offender. Of course, the husband's subsequent record does not mean he had anything to do with Vicki going missing, but you would have thought it would cause LE to re-examine any alibi he provided at the time.

i think that there is way more to this than people have thought. i really want to know his alibi as well. read alooooooooot on this case and i just cant let it rest.

i think that there is way more to this than people have thought. i really want to know his alibi as well. read alooooooooot on this case and i just cant let it rest.
I live in the area as well. I can’t stop thinking about it and think the ball was dropped with this investigation. I know there are rumors from locals about Dwayne and his involvement. I just don’t quite know where to start. Not much info online. She has to be in this area though - unfortunately probably just her body.

I live in the area as well. I can’t stop thinking about it and think the ball was dropped with this investigation. I know there are rumors from locals about Dwayne and his involvement. I just don’t quite know where to start. Not much info online. She has to be in this area though - unfortunately probably just her body.
I completely agree. I've done my own investigating and there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that leans towards a different direction than what LE came up with around here. I firmly believe her body is on the area. Just gotta keep digging....

Missing for over 32 years...

VSundgaard.jpg
VSundgaard4.jpg
VSundgaard5.jpg
VSundgaard2.jpg
VSundgaard3.jpg

Vicky Arleen Sundgaard

Name: Vicky Arleen Sundgaard
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: April 19, 1987
Location Last Seen: Alexandria, Douglas County, Minnesota

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 15, 1963
Race: White
Height: 5'4"-5'6"
Weight: 115-125 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Vicki
Distinguishing Marks/Features: A very faint scar on her lip due to a fall when she was very young. She may have a tattoo but that has not been confirmed. She has a white cap on an upper front tooth. She has had extensive dental work done.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Vicky disappeared from a party on Cedar Street in the early morning hours of Easter Sunday 1987. Her car was found parked a couple blocks away the next morning, with her purse and inhaler inside. Vicky's asthma had been particularly bad in the days leading up to her disappearance, so she probably wouldn't leave her inhaler behind. She left behind her two boys, who were 5 and 3 at the time.

Sundgaard had told her sister a week before she disappeared that she would be leaving the area and a tumultuous marriage. She was extremely close to her children, and would never have abandoned them. Sundgaard's husband was once investigated but was cleared. Sundgaard was last seen with a convicted rapist, who is a person of interest in her disappearance, and was interviewed several times in connection with the case.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Alexandria Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 320-763-6631
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

Agency Name: Douglas County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 320-762-8151
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: 12044

Sources
NamUs
Nampn
Alexandria Echo Press - 5/3/06
The Family of Vicky Arleen Sundgaard
America's Most Wanted
1957DFMN - Vicky Arleen Sundgaard

I personally believe Vicky's body hasn't been found yet, but here a list of ruled out Jane Does from Namus:

Case - State Year
UP4808 - MN 2000
UP4768 - OH 1990
UP5054 - OK 1987
UP6150 - VA 1998
UP6629 - VA 1991
UP6661 - VA 1991
UP6665 - VA 2007
UP8419 - VA 2001
UP8493 - VA 1993
UP12683 - VA 2014

I grew up in Alexandria, actually went to school with Vicki's 2 kids. Her parents raised the boys after she went missing & those poor kids had a very tough time, understandably so. I think about this case a lot and always wonder why there wasn't more attention given to the investigation.

Vicki Arleen Sundgaard
vicki_arleen_sundgaard_1.jpg
vicki_arleen_sundgaard_2.jpg
vicki_arleen_sundgaard_3.jpg
vicki_arleen_sundgaard_4.jpg

Sundgaard, circa 1987

• Missing Since 04/19/1987
  • Missing From Alexandria, Minnesota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/15/1963 (57)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'6, 115 - 125 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Sundgaard has asthma and uses an inhaler to control her condition. She did not have her inhaler with her when she vanished. In addition, her skin is sensitive to most metals and she has problems wearing jewelry as a result.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sundgaard had her ears pierced, but the holes may have closed by the time of her disappearance. She has a faint scar on her lip. Sundgaard has had extensive dental work, including a white cap on one of her upper front teeth. Her first name may be spelled "Vicky" by some agencies.
Details of Disappearance

Sundgaard was last seen at a party on Cedar Street in Alexandria, Minnesota during the early morning hours of April 19, 1987, Easter Sunday. She has never been heard from again.

Her vehicle was found parked a few blocks away the following morning. Sundgaard's purse and asthma inhaler were inside it. Her loved ones stated her asthma had been bothering her in the days leading up to her disappearance and they did not believe she would have left her inhaler behind. She also left behind her two young sons, which is uncharacteristic of her.

A week before her disappearance, Sundgaard told her sister she planned to leave her husband and move out of the area. The couple had two young sons and Sungaard stated she was violent and she did not trust him around the children. Sundgaard's husband was investigated by police, but is not considered a suspect in his wife's disappearance.

One of the last people known to have seen her, Michael Dale Benson, was convicted of raping an Alexandria woman in 1989. He was incarcerated, and later civilly committed to a hospital for life. He escaped from the hospital in 2006, but was apprehended several weeks later.

While in custody, Benson told authorities he had raped five other women in Colorado and California. He is considered a suspect in Sundgaard's case, but maintains his innocence and has not been charged in connection with it.

Sundgaard's disappearance remains unsolved. Her family does not believe she would have abandoned her children.
Investigating Agency
  • Alexandria Police Department
  • 320-763-6631
  • Douglas County Sheriff's Office
  • 320-762-8151
Source Information

I grew up in Alexandria, actually went to school with Vicki's 2 kids. Her parents raised the boys after she went missing & those poor kids had a very tough time, understandably so. I think about this case a lot and always wonder why there wasn't more attention given to the investigation.
This case still bothers me. I have lived in the area for a little over 10 years, and I the more I investigate, the more I believe this investigation was botched. I wish it got more attention now, and looked at for a second time.

This case bothers me a lot.

I grew up in the area and I was a child when this occurred I don’t recall hearing anything. I also don’t recall hearing about it as a teen.

My experience in the area is a lot of people knew a lot of peoples business. This subject being more or less being shut down while unsolved is out of the ordinary to me.

When Jody went missing we discussed it, clearly Jacob was a huge deal. Why not Vicki?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoptti
Back