MO - 12 Boys Accused In Sexual Assault Of 2nd-Grader, St Louis

Ok since parents are legally responsible for their own children I suppose they should be charged with sexual assault and locked up.

This is truly not a behavior problem that these parents failed to teach their six and eight year olds how to properly behave sexually in public. If we were talking about the Central park incident in where males had all reached puberty that is a different subject, Not one did I say that the teachers are responsible for raising the children, but yes in school they are suppose to learn values also.

There is a huge difference between SUPERVISING the children and raising them. Sorry but I believe six and eight year olds should be watched, apparently the school does also as one teacher was fired.

jubie said:
I'm assuming most of the kids involved 'followed' one or a small number of the kids in the actions that took place.

Oh yeah, the boys are responsible too.

Jubie
I agree that all boys probably followed suit and that is why I mentioned the Central park case, if that can happen to males 18 and older, certainly young kids will all join in and I agree the boys are responsible and for what is known at this time, it can not be said that the eight year old girl did not have anything to do with this and that it escalated beyond what she may have thought would possibly happen.

Kids say and do the darnest things, ask Art Linkletter, well maybe not him but Bill Cosby. I know the news media likes to sensationalize cases, I would hate to see these young boys labeled for life with the stigmatization of being a sexual predator.

Sad to say and assume but by firing of one of the teachers the school may be protecting themselves from a lawsuit waiting to happen....

Wudge said:
Local culture can make a big difference. This happened in north St. Louis. Parenting there may be different than in your culture.

South St Louis is the poor area of the city, the better areas are in the north.

I can't imagine any area where it would be acceptable to have young boys stripping a little girl!
If there were 12 boys I can just imagine her feeling of helpessness if there was no adult around to call for help!

When I was very young I can remember going to the school playground by myself, it was just half a block away, during the day time, must have been during the summer or on the weekend. I would guess I was about 7. A few older boys, maybe about 11 or 12 years old attempted to lure me into a sheltered area and told me to pull my pants down. I just shook my head no and backed away, I did not understand at that age what MIGHT have happened to me if I hadn't been able to get away from them.
I never told anyone, of course now as an adult I wish I had screamed my head off and ran home telling my mother, I HOPE these boys were never successful in finding a young victim!

IMO there is to much sex and violence out there for young children to pick up on, for all we know they may have gotten the idea by hearing about the Duke University rape case. We can not keep thinking all children are innocent when their innocence is stolen by all the trash they're bombarded by on the television.

Old Broad

Not that this excuses anything, but I wonder what the recess supervisor-pupil ratio is....in most schools the person supervising recess is not a teacher. Some schools have hundreds out at the same time.......

Here's another link

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...194EFF0B6B6657328625716A00180C4B?OpenDocument

Teachers are disciplined over attack on girl, 8
By Michael Beder and Steve Giegerich
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/09/2006

One Columbia Elementary School teacher was fired and another suspended with pay for a lack of attentiveness that St. Louis schools Superintendent Creg Williams said led to a possible sexual assault on a school playground Friday.

Old Broad said:
South St Louis is the poor area of the city, the better areas are in the north.

I can't imagine any area where it would be acceptable to have young boys stripping a little girl!
If there were 12 boys I can just imagine her feeling of helpessness if there was no adult around to call for help!

When I was very young I can remember going to the school playground by myself, it was just half a block away, during the day time, must have been during the summer or on the weekend. I would guess I was about 7. A few older boys, maybe about 11 or 12 years old attempted to lure me into a sheltered area and told me to pull my pants down. I just shook my head no and backed away, I did not understand at that age what MIGHT have happened to me if I hadn't been able to get away from them.
I never told anyone, of course now as an adult I wish I had screamed my head off and ran home telling my mother, I HOPE these boys were never successful in finding a young victim!

IMO there is to much sex and violence out there for young children to pick up on, for all we know they may have gotten the idea by hearing about the Duke University rape case. We can not keep thinking all children are innocent when their innocence is stolen by all the trash they're bombarded by on the television.

Old Broad

As I said, it depends on the culture. Many well-to-do parents take a liberal approach to parenting; i.e., I am not responsible, the "Village" is -- as in: "It Takes A Village" crapola.

PILE ON

Those mere two words can cause six and eight year olds to respond quicker than they can be said. It would be interesting to find out the student-teacher ratio and how recess is handled there at that school but this incident could have started innocently enough and escalated out of control in a split second, kids do not take the time to process Pile On, they just do, as quickly as possible without any thought process other than not wanting to be the last person to pile on. They're kids. They may all even be great kids who behave well but in one incident got out of control and maybe one kid did yell Pile ON.

There is just so much more that needs to be known before the parents can be blamed for bad parenting. What I can not get over is the amount of people that were sympathetic to the Mom who had the sleepover party and the 16yo boy got brutally raped, posters were even excusing her use of Xanax for her deep sleep. To me she is a parent that should be blamed, it happened at her home on her watch.

With the additional link saying she was held down and was fighting to keep her panties on, my opinion changes from the "show me". I do still believe if it had been a mere "show me" game of old, that nowdays someone would be expelled and charges filed somewhere.

I hope the boys get the DAYLIGHTS scared out of them from this and they will stay away from any non consensual acts in the future. They're just little kids!

....why can't they just be little kids, anymore? (they, meaning today's youth.)

GlitchWizard said:
With the additional link saying she was held down and was fighting to keep her panties on, my opinion changes from the "show me". I do still believe if it had been a mere "show me" game of old, that nowdays someone would be expelled and charges filed somewhere.

I hope the boys get the DAYLIGHTS scared out of them from this and they will stay away from any non consensual acts in the future. They're just little kids!

....why can't they just be little kids, anymore? (they, meaning today's youth.)

It's hard to understand why the playground monitors didn't see this taking place. Ten or twelve little boys all clustered together is quite a few little boys. I would bet the little girl was yelling if she was trying to keep her panties up. They must have held her down and pulled her other clothes off. Someone must have stopped them before it got any further. Not all of the boys got suspended from school for the year so there must have been a few that held her down and pulled her clothes off and maybe the others watched.

Maybe the little girl wasn't damaged physically but you can bet she is damaged emotionally.

When we send our children to school we expect them to be safe there. I believe that while a child is at school and under the schools care that there is also responsibility involved. It's no different then when your child is at daycare. You expect the daycare provider to keep your child safe. I wonder why one teacher/monitor was fired and another suspended with pay?

There is one hero in all of this.
The young child who let the teacher know something was going on so it could be broken up!! One child was brave enough to do something about it!!

Old Broad

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder why one teacher/monitor was fired and another suspended with pay?
I think, according to one of the articles, one teacher was a long term substitute and the other one was a full time employee. There were different procedures based on their employment status, thus the different consequence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back