MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Every now and then I look up this thread to see if there are any updates.

I have to say I think that Bryan Westfall did it, in my opinion. But the police made some big errors - whether through incompetence or some other reason (paid off?). I posted right at the time that we lived literally across the street, in an apartment complex. She disappeared on a Sunday I think, they didn't knock on our door until the Friday if I remember correctly. They should have been out there immediately, since the windows in half the apartments overlooked the Civic center.

I've been watching Cold Case Files on A&E a lot lately and I really hope to see her case on there one day, solved, with the murderer on death row.

I believe Westfall is the killer too. Who else had a motive and who else wanted to meet with her and then she disappeared. He lied so many times trying to cover his butt. They have proven that she didn't sit in that parking lot on her cell for three hours talking. That was only one lie that he told.

I agree with you about the cops. They sure weren't on the ball at all. I always thought the first thing they do is send a couple officers around the neighborhood to ask questions OR is that only on TV!!! It is just common sense to me. I think she is buried on Westfall land. Westfalls...dad and Brian would only let the cops search certain parts of the land!

I also think that Westfall's girlfriend is involved somehow. She might not have taken part in the murder...or maybe she did...but he would have had to have help getting rid of Amanda. She was big and pregnant and Westfall isn't a big guy. Someone helped him whether it was the girlfriend or his dad. The girlfriend getting an attorney right away makes me think she is involved. If she was sitting home minding her own business why would she even need an attorney. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I still hope that Amanda and the baby will be found someday. If she is buried on his land she will never be found though. My heart goes out to Amanda's family and her little girl who has also lost her dad now.

I this the most up to date thread on Amanda?

I think about her everday when I drive by the Civic Center on the way to/from work.

I'm also happy to still see some flyers with her picture on it around town. Maybe not everyone has forgotten about her.

Hello.
I work in Hillsboro, which is where Amanda went missing. My boss was talking about this case with us just this morning and said something I haven't heard. Her friend who lives near Hwy c told her this a month or so ago.

Brian's ex step-dad(this is the possible relationship, maybe not exact term etc of it) had a huge, obnoxious driveway/patio type deal dug right before she went missing and it was filled in right after. The house is like the only one on this certain road and my boss's friend lives the nearest and I guess knows them? I don't know. She said you wouldn't know to even suspect anything there because the man was only in Brian's life for a short period.

This could be nothing, but she never called it in because she didn't think anything of it and only brought it up because they had a family reunion a short time ago and it made her think of it. Would this be something to call in to Hillsboro? I would get her to do it since I only heard the story second hand and obviously, the details are fuzzy.

Hello.
I work in Hillsboro, which is where Amanda went missing. My boss was talking about this case with us just this morning and said something I haven't heard. Her friend who lives near Hwy c told her this a month or so ago.

Brian's ex step-dad(this is the possible relationship, maybe not exact term etc of it) had a huge, obnoxious driveway/patio type deal dug right before she went missing and it was filled in right after. The house is like the only one on this certain road and my boss's friend lives the nearest and I guess knows them? I don't know. She said you wouldn't know to even suspect anything there because the man was only in Brian's life for a short period.

This could be nothing, but she never called it in because she didn't think anything of it and only brought it up because they had a family reunion a short time ago and it made her think of it. Would this be something to call in to Hillsboro? I would get her to do it since I only heard the story second hand and obviously, the details are fuzzy.

I'm sure any and all tips would be appreciated and hopefully looked into.

Hello.

I absolutely think that should be called in. Her family needs closure.

I was shocked to find out that me and this Stephanie (girlfriend of Westfall) have a mutual friend on Facebook (they went to high school together). I'm not sure if its public domain or because I'm a "friend of a friend" but I saw her pics...and she looks really happy. A good deal of her posts seem to do with rescuing animals from abuse and the like. It actually made me cringe a bit. According to a friend's post on her wall "I told Bryan to take you somewhere" (loosely paraphrasing) and the fact that her info says she's "in a relationship" leads me to conclude that they are in fact still together. I'm hesitant to conclusively say she's guilty but I just can't believe she's still with this and has no inkling that he's a possible murderer. Could you really be that blind if you weren't involved? I guess its possible, women with low self-esteem seem to really latch on to bad guys even when its not in their best interest. But she seems so....normal.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-amanda-jones-missing-hillsboro-082310,0,2011103.story

By Michelle Anselmo FOX2now.com
10:09 PM CDT, August 23, 2010

Amanda Jones: Missing From Hillsboro For 5 Years
Family Wants To Find Woman Who Was 9 Months Pregnant When She Disappeared

Amanda disappeared on August 14, 2005.

She was nine months pregnant and going to Hillsboro to meet the man she believed was the father of her unborn baby boy.

"They say everything they try comes right back to him, then why not get his butt in there and do some more investigating?" asked Propst.

Initially, investigators identified that man as a "person of interest." They even did a limited search of his Hillsboro property.

400 leads were also investigated. Then the case went cold.

"There is no evidence to convict anybody of this crime," said Lt. Marshack.

Prayers circle and vigils used to mark the anniversary of Amanda's disappearance. Then the support stopped.

"You have people tell you to let it go and move on with your life, but that is hard to do until you have closure. The businesses will no longer let us put up posters," said Propst.

Not ready to be silenced, family and friends took their search to Facebook.

Prayers and pleas for answers are written on its wall, along with thoughts of sympathy for Amanda's now 9-year-old daughter.

"If we didn't have her, I don't know if we could go on. She's in the fourth grade," said Propst. She's a spitting image of her young mother.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8686157386&ref=ts

Video at news article link above.

It looks like Amanda is tomorrow's case on Nancy Grace, America's Missing!

jones-blog-post.jpg

26-year-old mother Amanda Jones has not been seen since August 14, 2005.

The loan processor was last seen at the Civic Center in Hillsboro, MO at the horse grounds. Amanda was allegedly meeting the man she believed to be the father of her unborn son at the center. Amanda's car was found at the center unlocked with her purse still inside. She has not been seen since that day.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

I'd never even heard of Amanda's disappearance until NG tonight, I watched it because I had never heard of her.

Of course this man is and should be the key and only suspect...it could not have been a very thorough investigation in the beginning, but once they found out her phone records did not match his statement about her being on the phone, on top of being the last person to see her and the only person with a motive, he should be charged-he lured her there to kill her, I have no doubt.

And Mark Klaas agrees...

Last call on cell made 1'20 in the afternoon.

Good grief her daughters father died recently too.

Did any one catch what her father said, when he ask people to come forward he said don't be afraid of the police dept just say something. Thats not word for word but something like that. I wonder why he said that? Wonder id the cops have covered for this guy. Her dad also said something about his teaching job at the college that he was dismissed for a sexual harrassment case. Jean ask the officer who was on from the local police dept and he said he could not comment. The officer also said that Westfall and his parents farms were both searched but I had read that they weren't given permission to search either property. IIRC. Something is really wrong here so sorry for her little girl and her parents.

I watched Amanda's story on Nancy Grace the other night too. I have followed this murder since it happened and believe that Westfall is guilty as heck. I don't want him to get away with this. He didn't believe that the baby was his if memory serves me right. He had never contacted Amanda throughout the nine months and then out of the blue he calls and wants to meet with her. He is a creep and he did get fired from a college where he was working. No other college has hired him either. I think his folks have a little money and probably pulled a few strings in that town. Those cops know that Bryan is guilty. Like Amanda's dad said...Westfall changed his story several times. Probably forgets what he said! Funny Westfall and that girl aren't married after all of this time. She better look out or she may be his next victim...especially if he gets tired of her or heaven help her if she gets pregnant! I feel so bad for Amanda's parents and little girl. If I was Amanda's dad I don't know what I would do. He knows Westfall murdered Amanda and the baby. If I was his age...which I am...I think I would just take justice into my own hands. Westfall would pay for murdering my daughter and grandson. Her dad has lived a long life...well that is how I would look at it. I couldn't stand it if the killer was out there living his life and my daughter and grandson were dead...but that is just me. It's just been way to long.

I find it very odd that at the Sheriff's office they change positions so quickly. Once they are a detective for a few months and then on traffic patrol the next few months. Lt. Marshak is now in charge of the jail. I saw it on their website. Previously he had been supervisor of the detectives. Here's the link, see for yourself. http://www.jcsd.org/jail.htm

On Monday, an ad in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch asked readers to remember Amanda by encouraging them to visit a website where they can purchase a book loosely based on the case.

It`s called “Hope for Hannah.”

Amanda`s parents, Hubert and Bertha Probst of Festus, were approached in 2011 by A.B. Parker, an aspiring writer from South St. Louis County, asking for permission to use Hannah`s sad situation as the basis for a children`s book about dealing with loss.

http://jeffco.fox2now.com/news/news/262281-family-hopes-childrens-book-solves-case-missing-mother

Hopefully this will inspire someone to come forward. Much too long to be missing, someone knows what happened to Amanda Jones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back