GUILTY MO - Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, slain, fetus stolen, Skidmore, 16 Dec 2004

tybee204 said:
Hi Amanda

I am going to merge the threads later tonight. Different people read different parts of WS and I wanted to make sure the info go out to everyone that reads or visits WS while the child is still missing since there is a vehicle description.

tybee, any ideas where you will move it to ? TIA

When the baby is positivly identified I will move the thread in missing to located. I will merge this thread from the parking Lot with the one in Crimes in the News. In fact I will merge this one now since the baby has likely been found. See ya in Crimes in the News :)

Baby is doing as well as can be expected. The two people were from Topeka, KS. Why do people do things like this? They say there will probably be an arrest later today.

Here's a local KC channel that is covering this sad event.

http://www.kctv5.com/

Neighbors think she may have known her killers, possibly through her dog breeding business. One neighbor said he saw the red car in her driveway where it sat for a couple of hours. Baby in hospital (Stormont Vail in Topeka).

This is all just so sick!!

Thank god they found the baby !!
I can't believe someone would so this !!

I feel so sad for Bobbie's family..

Baby girl Stinnett thread

We're posting updates, and will continue to do so, on the missing forum.
Thanks for everyone who prayed for the child. Please continue to pray for this family.

With prayers for justice, Lanie
tybee, you gonna merge all the Stinnett threads to located once we have confirmation it's her? Thanks for all your help, it is really appreciated.

Lanie
Im going to leave this thread here so that discussion can continue on the case that may not be appropriate in the Missing/Located Forum.

I'm not far from Topeka. And I know Osage County very well. Yet, my husband has a movie on one t.v. and the kids have cartoons on the other one!!?!?!? :banghead:

I'm sure glad I have you guys for updates! I feel so bad for this family.

dna said:
I'm not far from Topeka. And I know Osage County very well. Yet, my husband has a movie on one t.v. and the kids have cartoons on the other one!!?!?!? :banghead:

I doubt the news would have said much, we aren't suppose to know the baby was found near Topeka or is at Stormont-Vail Health Center. These sluethers are pretty sharp though....

They are supposed to have some sort of an announcement at the top of the hour. I think they said the Feds are going to hold a press conference...

raisincharlie...I noticed one channel said where the baby was located, and another said they hadn't been told.

lisag said:
Thank god they found the baby !!
I can't believe someone would so this !!

I feel so sad for Bobbie's family..

It is so very sad. I think I heard them say Bobbie was alive when her mom found her. I can't imagine....

The neighbor said she raises a certain breed of dog (can't remember exactly what type), and noticed the car in her driveway for quite sometime. I would imagine that many times there would be strange vehicles in their drive and probably wouldn't send up a red flag. We bought our Ragdoll kitties from a breeder in Iowa, and I know the day we picked ours up, there were two others "visiting" their babies (one was from Indiana and another from another state).

This is so sad. I'm pretty certain this is the baby. What a horrible thing for Bobbie, her husband, and her family. Thank God, they found the baby.

dna said:

My hubby and son were in Topeka today.

tybee204 said:
Lanie
Im going to leave this thread here so that discussion can continue on the case that may not be appropriate in the Missing/Located Forum.

Perfect, thanks!!

This will be the last press conference by the local police. FBI now in charge.

This case was initially turned down because it didn't meet the Amber Alert criteria. The Sheriff was instrumental in getting this baby put on the Amber Alert. They are going to have to tweek this a bit for in the future. The Sheriff called in all sorts of different agencies...and they all worked together to find this little girl.

Jeff Lanza FBI agent speaking. The investigatin is still ongoing. The baby is in great shape. The father will be reunited with baby very soon. They may have more information later tonight about charges being filed.

Another agent says the father has been reunited with the baby.

Press wants to know where the tip came from that lead to finding the baby. Sheriff won't say...he doesn't want the case jeopardized in any way.

The press conferance has ended. I'll bet they'll be back later with the news that they have arrested three people.

luvbeaches said:
They are supposed to have some sort of an announcement at the top of the hour. I think they said the Feds are going to hold a press conference...

raisincharlie...I noticed one channel said where the baby was located, and another said they hadn't been told.
Darlin - Google Stormont Vail - they have a press release on there website about the baby but they have not given the baby any ID. Stormont Vail Health Center is located in Topeka KS. The word I have is the baby was found near there, no specific location. ;)

Edit : here's the release:http://www.stormontvail.org/

raisincharlie said:
Darlin - Google Stormont Vail - they have a press release on there website about the baby but they have not given the baby any ID. Stormont Vail Health Center is located in Topeka KS. The word I have is the baby was found near there, no specific location. ;)

I know where Stormont Vail is. We have a business, and our shop is in Topeka. :) My information came from our local stations. I just found it odd that one had more than the other. Thanks for the link...They are probably being over run with calls and media at this point. What a wonderful thing the baby was found so quickly and the dad is with her.

They(the media) are in Melvern, Kansas where they are searching the red vehicle (baby was found there). They gave the street number, but I didn't catch it. This was on one of our local channels.

luvbeaches said:
I know where Stormont Vail is. We have a business, and our shop is in Topeka. :) My information came from our local stations. I just found it odd that one had more than the other.

They are in Melvern, Kansas where they are searching the red vehicle. They gave the street number, but I didn't catch it.
Sorry , I did not realize you were near Topeka ! From what I understand, there is ongoing investigation concerning other individuals that may or may not be involved and location was not suppose to be given, but the press will most likely decide what they want to release at this time. I can confirm the town but I honestly do not know the street address, sorry.

raisincharlie said:
Sorry , I did not realize you were near Topeka ! From what I understand, there is ongoing investigation concerning other individuals that may or may not be involved and location was not suppose to be given, but the press will most likely decide what they want to release at this time. I can confirm the town but I honestly do not know the street address, sorry.

This story is all over the news here (we live outside KC-on the Kansas side). What's interesting is how the Sheriff met resistance when trying to get the baby put on the Amber Alert. He had to really push to get it to happen.

Sometimes the media gives out more information than they should. They are now swarming in Melverne. They gave the exact address...I was just busy typing when they said it.

They also just said that they expect something to happen within the next hour (concerning arrests).

raisincharlie said:
I doubt the news would have said much, we aren't suppose to know the baby was found near Topeka or is at Stormont-Vail Health Center. These sluethers are pretty sharp though....

I don't remember which station gave out all this info, but there is one here that has been in big trouble for mentioning (in their newscasts) where victims of crimes are taken (the name of the hospital). Not exactly the smartest thing since many of these people might have witnessed the crime. One local hospital (KU Med-I believe), quit releasing info to this station because they felt this station was only interested in the story, and not the safety of the victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish
Back