Identified! MO - Columbia, McKnight Tire, Infant in Backpack - Samone J. Daniels *2 Arrests*

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score

On June 14, 2022, someone called the Columbia Police Department to report a letter found at a local hotel.
Jones said the letter led police to Daniels and Fountain.

Such a sad case.

She has been identified and her parents arrested - wow. Her name was Samone. Good work to all involved in identifying her and pursuing justice now.

I can't access the article. A letter found at a hotel? She was killed in 2017. Was the letter found then, or only recently? No way does a letter in a hotel room go unfound for 4-5 years. Unless it was under the bed or something I guess. Othram link says she was killed at a hotel in 2017.

I'm a little surprised. These unidentified babies are almost always newborns that had no name. But she had one, she was alive for 4-5 months. Wonder what the parents told family.

A letter found June 14 at a local Super 8 hotel tied the investigation together, Jones said.

A community member came forward with concerns about the letter, which appeared to have been written by Lavosha Daniels and was intended for the police department, Assistant Police Chief Jeremiah Hunter said Tuesday.

The letter identified the suspects and connected them to the child's remains, though the police did not specify how. The key evidence was in a lost-and-found at the hotel after having been in the possession of a third party. Hunter said that person would not be identified at this time.

"The way it was relayed to me is that one person found (the letter) and it went into basically a drawer," Jones said. "They had read the letter but didn't know the significance of the letter. Another person was told about the letter, and when they were told about the letter, they said, 'That really happened and we have to call the police.'

A letter found June 14 at a local Super 8 hotel tied the investigation together, Jones said.

A community member came forward with concerns about the letter, which appeared to have been written by Lavosha Daniels and was intended for the police department, Assistant Police Chief Jeremiah Hunter said Tuesday.

The letter identified the suspects and connected them to the child's remains, though the police did not specify how. The key evidence was in a lost-and-found at the hotel after having been in the possession of a third party. Hunter said that person would not be identified at this time.

"The way it was relayed to me is that one person found (the letter) and it went into basically a drawer," Jones said. "They had read the letter but didn't know the significance of the letter. Another person was told about the letter, and when they were told about the letter, they said, 'That really happened and we have to call the police.'

WTH? So someone found the letter and hid it? I just can't. MOO

I'm not sure it was hidden per se, just ignored and stuffed into a drawer because its significance wasn't known or understood until the right person read it and recognized what they were looking at.

Both suspects social media profiles are interesting, if theyre the correct ones (what i think they are).
I am not linking them but theyre easy to find. Looks like "mom" had multiple small kids before this one and both "parents" had their very own (substance) demons. Her profile stops in 2013 and he claims she is "dead", which she obviously is not.
I hope her other kids are alive and well. From social media she seems to be a caring, loving mom to her kids. But we know not to trust that. And we will see what the trial will unearth.

Rest in peace, little one. I hope justice will be served quickly and fiercely.

Dec 5, 2022
SBBM

Fountain appeared virtually for his arraignment from the Boone County Jail. Assistant prosecuting attorney Susan Boresi said she is waiting for a medical examiner’s report before Judge Kevin Crane can set a trial date for Fountain. Boresi said she hopes to have access to that medicolegal report by the beginning of next year. Judge Crane said this arraignment was the first time he had heard of such a report. “They didn’t do that back in my day,” Judge Crane said. Judge Crane set the next status hearing for the afternoon of Jan. 6, 2023. He said he plans to set a trial date at that hearing. “I’m probably going to be thinking long and hard about setting [the trial date] next time,” Judge Crane said. “So I hope those reports are done.”

Anyone who is good with looking up court docs able to look for any updates on this case?
Googled the father's name from here in the UK and I found an article from August 2023 that reports his charges were changed - report describes them as "downgraded":

Also a video report from October 2023 which says his trial date has been changed from 17th October (2023) to 27th February 2024.

They are the most recent things I could find, but I'm sure someone in the U.S. can find something more up to date.

R.I.P. Samone

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back