MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where this article is getting the information or why only they were reporting it if it's really from LE since the others are still saying that hasn't been released, but they also are indicating it is a MALE POI.

JEFFERSON CITY, MO (kcur) - A little girl from St. Martins,Mo., missing nearly two days has been found dead in a deep stand of woods. And an older boy has been arrested.

Elizabeth Olten told parents on a cell phone she was walking home from neighbors Wednesday late afternoon. She vanished. Electronics technicians were able to detect 'pings' from her phone for a time but they faded. The search had been joined by F.B.I. agents, Missouri Highway Patrol troopers and volunteers.

Search teams with dogs were in their second day of covering wooded terrain within a mile of the girl's home when, Sheriff Greg White of Cole County said, written and other evidence led then to a somewhat older boy, still a minor. And that boy led them to her body. Reporters questioned the sheriff after the discover of the girl's remains and the arrest. He said evidence teams were processing several areas. Asked to clarify the relationship between the child and the boy who was arrested, Sheriff White would only say---"they are acquainted."

<snip>

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/k.../1569657/KCUR.News/Hunt.Ends.Child.Found.Dead

I saw the poor mama on NG. Oh gosh, poor, poor lady. She makes my heart ache with sorrow. I really can't stand this sh!*.

"Rest In Peace Elizabeth!"

7119.gif

035.gif

:angel:​

Rest in Peace Elizabeth. Justice will come. Prayers to your family and friends.

About this "boy"..... I am getting the feeling he is between 10 and 12 years old. Absolutely no one is calling him a "teen" only "older" and/or juvenile.

This is so sad. I was shocked to see this on NG at 5:00 this evening. Took my breath away. I sincerely thought she was just lost and maybe hurt.

Salem

Wow. My heart is breaking for this family. Another innocent angel lost too soon. Rest in peace, beautiful Elizabeth.

wonder if any teens work for xtreme body.. .the business that is right near this cluster of homes?

The appropriate words fail me...another horrible crime against a child which leaves a multitude of victims in its wake. Sympathy to Elizabeth's family, friends, school mates, and neighbors... :(

Her school and a message from her principal

http://www.jcps.k12.mo.us/education/district/district.php?sectionid=1

Superintendent Brian Mitchell issued the following statement upon receiving news of Elizabeth Olten's death:

"We are deeply saddened by the events related to Elizabeth Olten's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family. We will continue to concentrate all of our efforts in taking care of our students at Pioneer Trail Elementary School. Next week we will have additional counselors available at the school and provide whatever support is needed for the students, their parents, and our own faculty and staff at Pioneer Trail."

Her bus driver would know where she got off and who was with her.

It's heartbreaking to know we did this for another angel but a few days ago...

If you wish, you can join our fellow WS'ers and Light a Candle for Elizabeth.

Light a candle and enter prayers/thoughts for Elizabeth & her family on this website.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ws

There is a Group on this sight called WS. Link directly there with link above. Or, you can use the Group function to search for it. (You don't have to join a group to light a candle.) If you like, when entering your information for your candle type in WS under the GROUP area.

RIP, sweet Elizabeth. You will not be forgotten.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. RIP little one. I'm so tired of this. :furious:

For those of you who missed it, Nancy Grace (well, Jean Casaris is in for her tonight) talks about this case for quite a bit. It plays again in 30 minutes (10pm eastern) if anyone wants to watch.

I'm so sad. I heard this story the other day on the news. Ant to find out that they found her dead is just so upsetting. My heart goes out to the family I haven't read the link but if they haven't found the killer I really hope they do and if they have found the killer I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail. But what I really want is for him to die the same way she did. She had her whole life in front of her and for someone to take that away is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600