MO MO - Freda Denman, Sheri & Michael Johnson, Independence, Nov 1974

Actually, i was most fortunate to sit in the first ever Doe Network retreat and the Detective in charge of the remains was in attendance. She did not reveal any priviledge information; however, she did state there were no dentals for comparison. . . .. Freda had false teeth. The remains have brown hair. When I showed her the MapQuest of where Freda lived and where the remains were found, her eyes went wide... . .. straight line, down the same road, less than 3 miles. This person is an outstanding person as well as a very professional LE.

shelsearay said:
Actually, i was most fortunate to sit in the first ever Doe Network retreat and the Detective in charge of the remains was in attendance. She did not reveal any priviledge information; however, she did state there were no dentals for comparison. . . .. Freda had false teeth. The remains have brown hair. When I showed her the MapQuest of where Freda lived and where the remains were found, her eyes went wide... . .. straight line, down the same road, less than 3 miles. This person is an outstanding person as well as a very professional LE.
Then hope may really be in order. The dental match (or lack thereof) is a positive sign.

Do you have any information about the area where this Jane Doe was found? Was she buried? Was it a secluded area? Vacant lot? Near the highway, etc?

Were any articles of clothing, jewelry, glasses, etc found near the body?

If this does turn out to be Freda, then they will need to do a very thorough search of the area to see if the children are also there.

I have not visited the area where the remains were found. To say it is secluded would be an understatement from the satellite map. Let's say, hills, trees, railroad tracks and a river would be the terrain. I would be afraid to go over there without someone with me (preferably with a gun). My sister and I were going to go over there this summer and thought better of the idea. The psychic told me Freda had been killed in an area where there were a lot of trees and the smell of burning in the air. She said Freda was killed and left where Henry killed her. If this turns out to be Freda, I'll be making apologies to the psycho psychic. One other interesting item is, a couple that were interviewed by the police at the time they were investigating this as a missing person's case, did fire restoration - a person had a fire, these folks put the place back to normal. Question, did they have a dumping ground for debris (smell of smoke)?

shelsearay said:
I have not visited the area where the remains were found. To say it is secluded would be an understatement from the satellite map. Let's say, hills, trees, railroad tracks and a river would be the terrain. I would be afraid to go over there without someone with me (preferably with a gun). My sister and I were going to go over there this summer and thought better of the idea. The psychic told me Freda had been killed in an area where there were a lot of trees and the smell of burning in the air. She said Freda was killed and left where Henry killed her. If this turns out to be Freda, I'll be making apologies to the psycho psychic. One other interesting item is, a couple that were interviewed by the police at the time they were investigating this as a missing person's case, did fire restoration - a person had a fire, these folks put the place back to normal. Question, did they have a dumping ground for debris (smell of smoke)?
If this turns out to be Freda, I'll volunteer to search!!!!! (Careful about your description of the pyschic, remember what happened last time!!!:rolleyes: )

I'd better be careful about the psychic. If she's right, she's probably on track with what happened to the children. . . . all you militaristic, reprogrammers of children better watch out. I'm sure that psychic would talk to the police, even if she's mad at me!!!!

FYI - I've been out of town for almost a week. When I got back, I had a call from a Producer of a well-known cable network show that I have worked with in the past, wanting an update. I thought she'd forgotten all about me, but NOOOOOOOOO she's been watching the Doe Board. . . . hope we can hook back up. . . .

I talked to the producer. I'm sending her 4 years worth of updates. I talked to the Det. regarding the remains. It will be 4 to 6 months before they have the DNA back on them from the FBI. BUMMER. Maybe I'll go search the hillside, the underbrush is dying down.

shelsearay said:
I talked to the producer. I'm sending her 4 years worth of updates. I talked to the Det. regarding the remains. It will be 4 to 6 months before they have the DNA back on them from the FBI. BUMMER. Maybe I'll go search the hillside, the underbrush is dying down.
It would be great to see the story get some media play...This area where the remains were found, I had the impression it was like a valley in the middle of nowhere with a stream where the remains would have washed down in some type of storm--are there any dwellings of any kind nearby? Any roads, etc?

Yes, there is a major road, it winds down by a river, through unpopulated hills, near a railroad track. It is isolated even today, and certainly would have been a place to hide, 30 years ago. The most ironic thing is the fact it is directly South of where Freda lived, only approx. 2 miles. She lived within 30 feet of Noland Road in Independence, these remains were found on Noland Road in Kansas City, MO.

shelsearay said:
Yes, there is a major road, it winds down by a river, through unpopulated hills, near a railroad track. It is isolated even today, and certainly would have been a place to hide, 30 years ago. The most ironic thing is the fact it is directly South of where Freda lived, only approx. 2 miles. She lived within 30 feet of Noland Road in Independence, these remains were found on Noland Road in Kansas City, MO.
I originally had some serious doubts when this lead first came up, but that definitely changes things! Patience being a virtue, I still wish the results would come through. So many pieces to the puzzle, so many things that are just one step shy of shedding light on the secrets...

I know that most of this information has been posted elsewhere, but here is a reiteration of what the Doenetwork currently lists for the missing Johnson Family. If you click on the links, you can see many photos of Freda, Sheri, and Michael, including some age progressed images. Also included are photos of Henry Lee Harbison aka Henry Johnson.

-----------------------------------------
Freda Loretta Denman
Missing since November of 1974 from Independence, Jackson County, Missouri.
Classification: Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 7, 1947
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Slim build.
Dentals: Denman has a dental plate.
The Doe Network: Case File 1023DFMO
Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1023dfmo.html
-------------------------------------------------
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Missing since November 1974, from Independence, Jackson County, Missouri.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 21, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 4 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 3'6" (107 cm); 40 lbs (18 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
Other: DNA available
The Doe Network: Case File 1024DFMO
Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1024dfmo.html

--------------------------------------------------
Michael Lloyd Johnson
Missing since November 1974, from Independence, Jackson County, Missouri.
Classification: Non Family Abduction
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: January 27, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 months old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance (approximation): 2'5" (74 cm); 22 lbs (10 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
The Doe Network: Case File 836DMMO
Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/836dmmo.html

Circumstances of Disappearance
Freda Denman disappeared together with her son, Michael Lloyd Johnson and her daughter Sheri Lynn Johnson. Her husband has not been seen since that time. The family went missing in November 1974, but the landlord did not report them missing until March 1975.

The police found Freda's clothes in the closet; while her husband's and children's clothes were missing. Blood was found on a cushion in the home, but the tests were inconclusive.

Denman's husband Henry Lee Harbison aka Henry Johnson has an extensive criminal background and uses several aliases. Henry had affiliations with members of the "Church of the New Song" who claim the family was murdered. The Denman family believes that Freda was killed and the children were given away.

The Independence police investigated it as a missing person's case. At the same time, the FBI was looking for Henry. Independence closed their case, assuming the FBI would pick up where they left off, but that didn't happen and the case remains unsolved.

In 2004, the police reopened the investigation in these disappearances. Investigators are running a DNA test on an inmate in Arkansas as possibly being Michael Lloyd Johnson.

I wanted you all to know that this case will be profiled on Court TV on December 22nd. I don't know what time. This information was just relayed to me by the representative of the Carol Sund Foundation. The organization that put up the reward money for information on this case. Isn't that wonderful!!!!!!

shelsearay said:
I wanted you all to know that this case will be profiled on Court TV on December 22nd. I don't know what time. This information was just relayed to me by the representative of the Carol Sund Foundation. The organization that put up the reward money for information on this case. Isn't that wonderful!!!!!!

That is wonderful news. Will it be one of the hour long shows like "The Investigators"? I will definitely be watching and praying for answers soon for you and your family.

I believe Nancy Grace is an advocate for the Carol Sund Foudation. I believe I was told, when I first contacted the Carol Sund Foundation that their stories were profiled on Nancy Grace.

it will only be a little "blurb" Hey, I'll take what we can get!!!!!!!
If it's "blurbed" on Nancy Grace, the audience out to be pretty large!

Freda will be featured today. I believe it will be during Nancy Grace. This is something the Nancy Grace show does in working with the Carol Sund Foundation.

Please watch.

shelsearay said:
Freda will be featured today. I believe it will be during Nancy Grace. This is something the Nancy Grace show does in working with the Carol Sund Foundation.

Please watch.
You know I'll be there, S.

I don't know when the "blurb" played on Court TV. I missed it. My two sisters and my mother headed out yesterday morning to the deserted area where the unidentified body was found that may be Freda. We started talking real big from about 30 miles away. The closer we got to the isolated street, the smaller our voices. My sister (not involved in the search) said, does any one have a gun (knowing we didn't). Bottom line, we chickened out. Kansas City, MO is in the midst of the highest murder rate in a number of years. Car jackings are rampant. We decided 4 women from suburbia probably better not go down there unprotected. Especially, since none of us told anyone we were doing it. So next week, I'm meeting one of the convicts from the Church of the New Song. Public place, one on one. He's just a forger.

A representative of the Carol Sund Foundation called me to say she had re-submitted Freda's case to be profiled on Nancy Grace. This will not be a program, just a "blurb" about Freda, Sheri Lynn and Michael. Look for it on Closing Arguments, February 2nd. Court TV.

Hi everyone! I am so happy to finally be on here, even though I just got hooked less than two days ago. I was brought here while doing a search on my local police, here in Independence, MO. Yes, I live mere blocks from the street where Freda and the children lived! I was born in '74 and moved to Independence when I was three.
I just heard about this case a couple of months ago, on a local website dealing with our local police. It is focused on the day to day service they each provide and uses scanner recordings to show what they deal with day to day.
It also has a forum, and that is the main place I visit. We discuss daily as well as long term issues, and there is a place with a few unsolved local cases. That is where I first heard of this case.
I don't know of anything I can do to help but I hoped you wouldn't mind if I follow on this thread. I am also going through other WS cold cases and I have noticed how everyone seem to be so friendly and almost like a family with everyone working together. You are all awesome people and I think you should all pat yourselves on the back for the great service you are performing for these families. You keep these cases in the spotlight and even if the case isn't resolved you let the families know that thier loved ones lives still matter.
Kudos to you all!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only question I have is: Is that DNA test back yet??????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2
Back