MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in fact the door isn't in the kitchen:

View attachment 479253
The sliding glass door is where the table is right off the kitchen. That's right by the patio/flagstone area where David Harrington was found sitting in a chair. It's in the pictures above.

This is down a ways from the kitchen area windows looking out on that spot.

The sliding glass door is where the table is right off the kitchen. That's right by the patio/flagstone area where David Harrington was found sitting in a chair. It's in the pictures above.

The pic that user posted is of the other back door to the left of the kitchen window, that back door is not in the kitchen but rather the room with the fireplace.

I agree the sliding door is in a separate room where a table and chairs for sit-down eating would likely be located. I'd call that a dining room, especially with the step-down to it. Maybe others would call it a breakfast room, but unless there is another dining room somewhere in the house, I wouldn't. I certainly wouldn't call that room part of the kitchen (as the neighbor implied it was.) In any event, a guy living by himself probably doesn't go into that toom very often. I doubt he eats his meals sitting at a table by himself. And we know in his house there were blinds over the sliding door and they were closed. So no reason he'd have seen anyone on the porch through the sliding doors.
MOO
He must go to the kitchen sink once in awhile. I'd venture to say at least twice a day?

In the link I posted upthread with real estate photos, there is a second dining room that seems more formal. I'm not sure what exactly the room with the slider would be called, I'd fill it with plants and have my coffee in there. But agreed it seems a man living alone probably didn't use that room much.
It does look like a sunroom/breakfast nook type setup with a kitchen table. I actually think the house is lovely, bright, lots of rooms. It doesn't look like what it is inside from the curb shots.

I was talking about the door that now has a doggy door in it. I had thought that door was also in the kitchen, but it isn't.

In the kitchen there's only a single window, located above the sink. I'm now even more convinced that a person could wander in and out of the kitchen without looking or seeing anything outside.

So a text was sent to JW on Tuesday morning from person #5 and then knocking on the door Tuesday evening?
Were there other communications not included in the timeline, or is this actually complete?
Did no one look for the men on Monday at all?
Curious.
They were calling and texting I believe. Apparently, according to JW's lawyer, he have a call screening app so those, IIRC, 8 calls didn't go thru. I'm sure the families were also calling their loved one's phones too and probably all their friends looking for them. Just so sad.

I was talking about the door that now has a doggy door in it. I had thought that door was also in the kitchen, but it isn't.

In the kitchen there's only a single window, located above the sink. I'm now even more convinced that a person could wander in and out of the kitchen without looking or seeing anything outside.
I think there is a doggie door there? Looks like ithouse-back-yard-jordan-willis-75472753_55a10a.jpg

I didn't hear anyone casting aspersions in that video. If there's a sliding glass door from the kitchen to the outside it's a logical assumption that a person in the kitchen would be able to see a dead man, his friend David Harrington, sitting in a chair on the patio right outside. It's also logical to think a person home for 48 hours would at some point be in his kitchen. JMO
No door in the kitchen, a small 1/2 window over the sink. Kitchen is small, long and narrow. Moo

Neighbor in that video said sliding door was in the kitchen area and it looks like there's a window looking out at where the chairs were on the patio also.View attachment 479243View attachment 479244
The photo above is the dining room, an extension at the back. The dining room appears to have doors. I doubt this room was used much, due to location.moo

I think there is a doggie door there? Looks like itView attachment 479266
It has a dog door now and in *some* of the realtor pictures, but in other pictures the dog door isn't there yet. Presumably some of the realtor pictures are older than others, which isn't uncommon in my experience.

It's the only room with two large floor-to-ceiling windows and a door, so it has to be the same door IMO.

Neighbor in that video said sliding door was in the kitchen area and it looks like there's a window looking out at where the chairs were on the patio also.View attachment 479243View attachment 479244
That's not the kitchen, it's a sun room that was staged as a secondary eating area in the real estate photos. It is adjacent to the kitchen. I suppose some realtors would advertise it as a breakfast nook even though you have to step down to enter it. I think it might be a more recent addition to the original home since the house next door seems to be a mirror image but without the bump out.

The dining room is between the sun room and the formal living room. The two windows you see in the second image are of the family room that has a fireplace at the far end where the driveway is. When you enter through the front door the kitchen is right in front of you along the back wall. It is not a large kitchen. There is only one window in the kitchen and it's over the sink. You have to exit the kitchen to get into the family room but there is a pass through in the kitchen. It's the most dangerous pass-through I've ever seen since it is directly over the stove. The living room is to your immediate left when you come through the front door. The dining room is immediately adjacent to the living room sandwiched between that and the sunroom. To your right is the stairs to the upper level, as well as a staircase leading to the basement. To enter the back yard you have to go through the family room or the sliding glass doors in the sun room.

I don't know how tall JW is but sightlines may not provide the best view of the back yard when standing in front of the sink. You'd have to lean over quite a bit and even that wouldn't give you a clear expansive view of the back yard closer to the house. With no dogs in the house he probably didn't open the back door. Even with his friends' cars still in the street he may have figured they took alternate ways home.

The "sitting in the chair" detail makes me even more firmly in the camp of accidental OD that JW knew nothing about, either because he too was sickened by the drugs but had the good fortune to be rendered unconscious inside or because he simply didn't partake. In fact, Kate Quigley, who lost three friends to fentanyl-laced cocaine and herself just barely survived, said this about her friend who OD'd: "Quigley said she attempted to speak to Colangeli, who 'didn’t look dead.' 'I started to say, "Hey, Rico, Rico,"' she recalled. 'I just thought he fell asleep, he even still had the guitar – he was holding a guitar in his hands. It never crossed my mind he was dead.'" (Read the full article here: Kate Quigley recalls witnessing three friends dying from ‘horrific’ fentanyl overdose)

If JW was a brilliant mastermind/mad scientist who murdered his friends for no reason (or as part of some Deep State conspiracy, maybe in coordination with Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce or whatever other crazy nonsense people are saying online), it seems like he could do better at hiding their bodies than ... leaving them in his backyard.

And if they died inside from an OD and he panicked and dragged them outside (which I'm at least willing to entertain as a theory), why on earth would he stage one in a chair? It seems like he would've put them in the shed or otherwise tried to conceal them. Or even just drag them out and leave them there. But NOT prop the dead weight of a full-grown man in a lawn chair. That boggles belief.

This case is terribly sad, and as someone who has lost far too many loved ones to addiction, through both actual ODs and terrible decisions made under the influence, I absolutely understand the families' shared shock and grief. But lashing out at JW with wild and unfounded accusations is not the path to peace and acceptance. It's spreading and prolonging the anguish, and it could have legal consequences if they continue to defame his character.

Hopefully it's okay to link this, it's a real estate site with several pics that give a better idea of layout.

Thanks for posting.

Great photo with kitchen window. Clearly can not see the patio, but the back area of yard.

I noticed because of the counter/sink width, I can't see directly below my window.

The addition on the back appears to be a breakfast/morning room. There is a formal dinning room, as well.

The house has many rooms, all large. It would take a lot of furniture to being to fill just the downstairs. I'm betting JW mainly used the family room and kitchen and a couple of the upstairs bedrooms.
Moo...

He must go to the kitchen sink once in awhile. I'd venture to say at least twice a day?
Perhaps he does. I am not sure why he'd have to go to a kitchen sink twice a day though. He has other sinks for hand washing and he may not drink tap water. But regardless, we don't know what he did those particular two days. But I doubt he often goes into the sliding door "eating area." People just don't sit alone at tables in dining rooms or even "breakfast nooks" by themselves. A single person who is not into cooking might grab drinks from the frig, microwave a meal, grab snacks...none of those things involve going into the eating area nor do they involve standing at the kitchen sink and looking down at the porch through a relatively high window (a window that appears to have blinds anyway.) Doing those things may not even involve much washing up and when washing is needed, things may be popped into the dishwasher vs the person scrubbing away while standing at the kitchen sink.
MOO

Window looks a good size in this pic.View attachment 479270
It's standard height, of the sink. Do to the width of the counter, it prevents seeing the patio. I was able to enlarge and the grass is the first thing in window view.
I just check my similar view, same size window. My heat pump in directly under my window and I can't see it.
Moo

Perhaps he does. I am not sure why he'd have to go to a kitchen sink twice a day though. He has other sinks for hand washing and he may not drink tap water. But regardless, we don't know what he did those particular two days. But I doubt he often goes into the sliding door "eating area." People just don't sit alone at tables in dining rooms or even "breakfast nooks" by themselves. A single person who is not into cooking might grab drinks from the frig, microwave a meal, grab snacks...none of those things involve going into the eating area nor do they involve standing at the kitchen sink and looking down at the porch through a relatively high window (a window that appears to have blinds anyway.) Doing those things may not even involve much washing up and when washing is needed, things may be popped into the dishwasher vs the person scrubbing away while standing at the kitchen sink.
MOO

People's routines are different everywhere, but it's fairly typical for a single person, particularly one with a pet that goes outside, to make coffee in the morning with water from the kitchen sink, then go stand in front of a window that looks out over the back yard and dawdle with their morning coffee and toast.

But there may have been a whole stream of unfortunate circumstances that prevented the resident from seeing his friends out in the back yard. Nothing suggests that he was trying to hide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prosoham