MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the playoff game for which JW had bought his buddies tickets, the first playoff game, held Jan 13, the Sunday immediately following this tragedy?

If so, that was IIRC the game played during the deep freeze when Mahomes' helmet shattered due to the cold.

I thought I read that, due to the cold, tickets to that game were super cheap, like $20, because no one wanted to be out in that cold.

But buying tickets in advance, there would be no way to know how bad the weather was going to be, so I guess normal (high) prices for playoff game tickets bought in advance?

Not sure how any of these details are particularly relevant, just trying to make sure I've got my game days straight.

MOO

One thing comment boards and social media shows us is how different we all our - and how we tend to think we're not.

In regards to this case, I can understand being sick or in a funk enough to sleep on and off for two days; to ignore calls from all but one or two people; to not look in the backyard or to see cars outside.

And, I go to my kitchen sink maybe a dozen times a day. Getting water and coffee, filling filter pitcher, grabbing a snack and rinsing a dish, etc. I also sit at a nook alone. (And it surprises me to learn that others think that doesn't happen!)

I'm constantly talking back to crime shows when someone says something like, "There were two glasses on the counter, meaning someone else was here."
("But I often grab another glass!")

Maybe I do things out of the norm, but we all do in some ways. Deductive reasoning never works for me . Lol
I was interested to read this too. I am home alone very regularly (for a month or more at a time) and I eat all my meals at my dining room table or the one in my nook. I also go to kitchen sink multiple times. I rinse my coffee cup in the morning, rinse my meal dishes and put them in the dishwasher next to the sink. Same with crime shows...I have absolutely no alibi.

Last edited:
The public has been told it's 100 percent not a homicide investigation. Multiple family report not drug users? Something was said to one of the mothers that it would all makes sense when it came out? Beside lightening. The only thing I keep coming up with is that there was a live electrical wire in a puddle on that patio. I have looked at many pictures of this home. I can tell the gutter system is odd over the breakfast nook. It leads straight over the patio and seems to leak on the cement patio I can see puddle stains and more recent photos seem to show debris left over from puddling along with muddy area. I know what the popular opinion is but given the facts we have been given what is left?

Was the playoff game for which JW had bought his buddies tickets, the first playoff game, held Jan 13, the Sunday immediately following this tragedy?

If so, that was IIRC the game played during the deep freeze when Mahomes' helmet shattered due to the cold.

I thought I read that, due to the cold, tickets to that game were super cheap, like $20, because no one wanted to be out in that cold.

But buying tickets in advance, there would be no way to know how bad the weather was going to be, so I guess normal (high) prices for playoff game tickets bought in advance?

Not sure how any of these details are particularly relevant, just trying to make sure I've got my game days straight.

MOO
That is correct regarding the time and weather of the game. But the majority of the tickets sold out well before the weather was known, so most people paid normal price.

Seeing the pics on Banfield tonight, it looks very possible to me that a grown man sitting in one of those chairs would have been quite visible from the sliding doors as well as the kitchen window and the upstairs windows.
Now if the person inside the house was laid out , passed out or unconscious for two days , I guess they could have been completely oblivious to anything. Or if they did finally look out and saw bodies in the snow with bright red colored KC jerseys on… that’s what they were wearing, IIRC…. maybe they just went into shock and withdrawal. It had to be a horrific scene, like from some horror story!
It’s hard to fathom, isn’t it. OMO.
Keep in mind, it is one step down from the kitchen into the casual eating area with the sliding glass doors. It is another step down from the sliding doors to the patio. It looks to be two steps down from the kitchen into the entertainment/fireplace room and the outside door opens to the patio. It would be very difficult to see anyone sitting in a chair on that patio from the kitchen window.

The snowstorm hit later on Monday so their bodies would be hard to find. I'm not sure it was easy to spot the body in the chair unless she turned on an outside light. It was LE who found the two bodies out in the yard rather than the girlfriend who broke thru the basement window. It is especially hard to fathom what she is going thru right now.

JMO

<modsnip - sleuthing family members>

I know it's not possible, but it almost seems like this is the tale of two different nights. Did this group of friends hang out on two different nights in the same weekend?
<modsnip>

Basically, it's just about the dog(s)
With JW?
Not with JW?

What if two very similar nights occurred close together in time (just the playing video games and stuff). At one, canine presence; at another no canine presence. And maybe there were other things like that.

This is a question, I don't know the answer: when was their last get together before this one? A day? A week? A month? I don't know if it has been said, but if the time frame is small, it could cause some misremembering.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is correct regarding the time and weather of the game. But the majority of the tickets sold out well before the weather was known, so most people paid normal price.
And many people still went. But, hey, there is a lotta luv for the Chiefs and these three fans paid a very dear price. It's my understanding that there were many fans at the game that needed first aid.

And, btw, I still have my Purple Pride!

JMO

I didn't say that he wasn't.
In fact, I posted that his atty. has not been helpful.
Although I'd imagine his atty. is only relaying what he has been advised to say ?
So I might have been too harsh on the lawyer.
This case is a mess.

But my main sympathies are for the families of the deceased.
They never were able to say 'goodbye', and are waiting for the tox tests and autopsy results to come back.
This is a terrible time for them.
Omo.
BBM. The client is paying the attorney. Clients don't advise attorneys it is supposed to be the other way around. I agree, it is a mess.
<modsnip>

JMO

I didn't say that he wasn't.
In fact, I posted that his atty. has not been helpful.
Although I'd imagine his atty. is only relaying what he has been advised to say ?
So I might have been too harsh on the lawyer.
This case is a mess.

But my main sympathies are for the families of the deceased.
They never were able to say 'goodbye', and are waiting for the tox tests and autopsy results to come back.
This is a terrible time for them.
Omo.
Those poor men, who completely, unknowingly died far too soon, so young, who thought they still had their whole lives ahead of them. It’s almost incomprehensible. Here they were, just there to socialize and be guys and do guy things, then suddenly their lives are snuffed out. It probably hit them so fast, they didn’t even know, then it was just over.

<modsnip - off topic>

Cars weren’t in the driveway, they were parked in front of the house on the road, in full view. And there’s plenty of ..windows. <modsnip>
Thank you. Some posts here--as well as accounts in MSM, I believe--say driveway, some say street.

If you are sure, I will happily take your word. I recognize your "hat" and that you have been very active in this thread.

At my house, we rarely open the front shutters to look at street traffic. (The windows and slider in the back don't have shutters and offer a view of the pool and spa in the backyard. If we look outside at all, that's the direction. Where I live now--Palm Springs--almost every house has a pool.)

Also, I can't speak for JW, but some of us just aren't "car people". When we lived in Los Angeles, I could not have told you what cars the neighbors or my friends drove, or whether those cars had been moved. Unless they are a very unusual color or something, I just don't pay attention to vehicles.

Again, thanks for the correction.

we don't even know where the chair was placed - where it appears in a photo is not necessarily where it was that fateful night
Good point. It could have been there, or closer to the window, or even further out toward the edge of the patio. If the latter, he would certainly have been visible through that kitchen window.
It would be nice to have that information but unfortunately we don’t.

The public has been told it's 100 percent not a homicide investigation. Multiple family report not drug users? Something was said to one of the mothers that it would all makes sense when it came out? Beside lightening. The only thing I keep coming up with is that there was a live electrical wire in a puddle on that patio. I have looked at many pictures of this home. I can tell the gutter system is odd over the breakfast nook. It leads straight over the patio and seems to leak on the cement patio I can see puddle stains and more recent photos seem to show debris left over from puddling along with muddy area. I know what the popular opinion is but given the facts we have been given what is left?
I have to admit I haven’t thought of that. Is that not something that could be determined fairly quickly though? You do mean electrocution, right?

The car and truck were definitely on the street. It was commented that they were on the street. It was obvious that they had not been driven in a few days. That is one thing the video definitely shows you and clears up exactly where the vehicles were.

i thought in the video they specifically said the person in handcuffs (who was not arrested) was placed in a cop car. The heater was probably running. It does help that person in one way, his whereabouts were known the entire time the house was searched. So, no one can say he did anything but sit and wait during that time. (Physically, i am sure emotionally would be a different story.)

The interior shots are interesting. I think you could get turned around a bit in that house if you weren't really used to it.

Another interesting point from the video was that the ground was very cold already.

Eta... I don't know how to really figure out where the line between could have possibly seen versus did see lies. Just hypothetically, not even this particular case.

A death by poison doesn't have to be a deliberate act. If no one knows the (whatever) is poisonous, for example. Eta, i guess I mean it doesn't have to be criminal.

A death by poison doesn't have to be a deliberate act. If no one knows the (whatever) is poisonous, for example. Eta, i guess I mean it doesn't have to be criminal.
How is death by poison not a deliberate act?
There is no evidence that I've seen in this case that points to poison.

I think this case here has really impacted awareness for many that know about it. It still may not be fentanyl-related, but it still has made me sensitive to the issue, sensitive to the horrible fentanyl crisis.

Portland declares 90-day state of emergency to tackle fentanyl use

"...the number of overdose deaths involving fentanyl increased by 533% between 2018 and 2022."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim