MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

sunflowermomma

Reaction score

"Three Missouri men went to watch a football game at a house in Kansas City, say friends and family.Three days later, those three friends were found dead outside the home.

Days after the bodies of these men were discovered, the Kansas City Police Department is revealing their identities — 38-year-old Ricky Johnson, 37-year-old David Harrington and 36-year-old Clayton McGeeney.
The bodies of all three men were discovered late Tuesday night when McGeeney's fiancée went to the house looking for the men, according to a spokesperson for the Kansas City Police Department.

Two friends of the men who spoke with Inside Edition Digital say that the three had all gone to the house on Sunday to watch the Kansas City Chiefs game, and no one had heard from them since that time.Those friends also claim that calls to the person who is currently living in that house went unanswered in the days after the game, an allegation police would not comment on at this time."

1705361281840.png

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, as a reminder,

If a person has not been named by law enforcement as a suspect or person of interest, they are considered a victim. Period.

You may reasonably discuss what is said in the mainstream media by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Should you choose to post in violation of Websleuths’ victim friendly policy, your posting privileges are subject to suspension.

Post accordingly.

<rsbm>

Welcome to Websleuths NovaBeans, and Thank You for post.

Jumping off your post to say ...

Assuming JW is innocent, the above part of his friend's statement is precisely why we are strict with the WS Victim Friendly policy of not making insinuations and accusations against people who are not officially named by LE to be POI or suspect.

It's easy to be the keyboard warrior, but I don't know if many people have actually known someone who has been falsely accused and seen what it does to them ... Yes, sometimes for the rest of their lives.

There isn't much worse than re-victimizing a victim. Trust me when I say .. if they are strong enough to live through the nightmare, it changes who they are :(

Members who persist in making direct or indirect accusations against an innocent person face a loss of posting privileges.

DON'T DO IT FOLKS !!

All WS rules are linked in my signature so that members can access them easily at any time.

Please pay particular attention to the above Opening Posts and continue discussion here.

I'm replying to the post above.

Everyone is different. The "Freeze" response includes momentary inaction as a person thinks or plans what to do (or simply shuts down internally - there's no way to study that). I just know my own responses. But then, I saw dead bodies as a kid, and while I did not discover them, I had seen these dead relatives alive just hours before their deaths. I went on to do forensic work, and while I was squeamish at first, I got used to it. People with backgrounds in nursing and medicine never cease to amaze me, in what they can handle.

AM kept her head, IMO, as she dialed police. I think she was outside the house from 9pm to around 9:30, trying to figure out what to do after the knocking failed.

I do have to say that regardless of where I spotted a dead body (I'm now speaking from a much older age than AM), my first instinct would be to make sure they are dead, and attempt to help in some way, even if they were dead. I know that sounds weird, but I would SO want them to be not-dead. I'd have to check for pulse and touch the forehead. It would not become real to me until I was certain the person was a frozen, dead body (even though it was obvious to the eye).

In the one situation I've been in where I was genuinely terrified, my response was part flight and part "talk the assailant out of what they were threatening to do," while also trying to figure out how to contact help/find a phone. Looking back, I'm sure my "talking" sounded hysterical. That's just a word for "very emotional," and it was used about AM in the reporting. I'm sure she was "hysterical," but that also can mean many things. My point is that she did well - both in figuring out how to break in and in fairly quickly calling police after making a horrific discovery. The difficulty of putting into words what she just saw must have been tremendous - but she did it!

Ashton Brady, neighbor to Jordan Willis, stated that as he was locking his doors and getting ready to go to bed that night, he saw a woman come out of the back yard on her phone and she looked distressed and kept looking back at the house.

This was the girlfriend who found the dead body on the back porch in the chair.

So it sounds like she exited the home and called 911 and did not remain in the house. The neighbor also said he saw her talking to LE in front of the house while other LE were handcuffing and questioning Jordan Willis.

You can read the neighbor's account in his interview with Alcarari on A's X account. I had to scroll down to get to the interview as the X posts are in chronological order with regard to posts about this case.

Ashton Brady, neighbor to Jordan Willis, stated that as he was locking his doors and getting ready to go to bed that night, he saw a woman come out of the back yard on her phone and she looked distressed and kept looking back at the house.

This was the girlfriend who found the dead body on the back porch in the chair.

So it sounds like she exited the home and called 911 and did not remain in the house. The neighbor also said he saw her talking to LE in front of the house while other LE were handcuffing and questioning Jordan Willis.

You can read the neighbor's account in his interview with Alcarari on A's X account. I had to scroll down to get to the interview as the X posts are in chronological order with regard to posts about this case.
BBM. That reporter has done a number of stories where his goal seems to be to make JW look guilty. I'm betting the handcuffing is SOP when there is a dead body found on the property.

The source of info about JW answering the door holding a wine glass must have been from the girlfriend because LE wouldn't handcuff JW with the wineglass still in his hand. It was around 9:30 PM. It's not difficult for me to believe that JW wears boxers when he is alone in his house, and he may have a couple glasses of wine before he goes to bed.

LE have come to our front door that time of night and loudly pounded on it rather than ring our doorbell. Pounded so loud, it scared us and of course we checked to see who it was before opening the door. The officer apologized for knocking so late and said he was looking for the owners of vehicles parked illegally on the street.

JMO

I'm replying to the post above.

Everyone is different. The "Freeze" response includes momentary inaction as a person thinks or plans what to do (or simply shuts down internally - there's no way to study that). I just know my own responses. But then, I saw dead bodies as a kid, and while I did not discover them, I had seen these dead relatives alive just hours before their deaths. I went on to do forensic work, and while I was squeamish at first, I got used to it. People with backgrounds in nursing and medicine never cease to amaze me, in what they can handle.

AM kept her head, IMO, as she dialed police. I think she was outside the house from 9pm to around 9:30, trying to figure out what to do after the knocking failed.

I do have to say that regardless of where I spotted a dead body (I'm now speaking from a much older age than AM), my first instinct would be to make sure they are dead, and attempt to help in some way, even if they were dead. I know that sounds weird, but I would SO want them to be not-dead. I'd have to check for pulse and touch the forehead. It would not become real to me until I was certain the person was a frozen, dead body (even though it was obvious to the eye).

In the one situation I've been in where I was genuinely terrified, my response was part flight and part "talk the assailant out of what they were threatening to do," while also trying to figure out how to contact help/find a phone. Looking back, I'm sure my "talking" sounded hysterical. That's just a word for "very emotional," and it was used about AM in the reporting. I'm sure she was "hysterical," but that also can mean many things. My point is that she did well - both in figuring out how to break in and in fairly quickly calling police after making a horrific discovery. The difficulty of putting into words what she just saw must have been tremendous - but she did it!
BBM. I think AM may have rung the doorbell and also knocked. When nobody answered, she made the assumption that nobody was home. That could be why she stayed outside after she found the body. While the men were all friends from high school, JW may not have met AM and that's why he didn't answer the door.

JMO

I think some police departments have as SOP that people placed in a police car are hand-cuffed.

I think they were just trying to keep track of JW while they looked at this situation. No matter what was said on the 911 call, the police still don't know what is actually happening at the scene.

The neighbor thought it looked like a domestic kind of situation... It might have looked like that to the police at first until they discovered that it was something completely different.

My personal opinion - this is where it will stay. I don’t believe that JW is guilty of anything. He just hosted the party at which substances were used.

I think the “chemist” theory is wrong, if for only one reason. There is a transnational business (es) flooding US and Canada with drugs. The cartels would simply wipe out any tiny local independent competitor. Drugs are billions and billions of dollars. It is ludicrous to suspect a person working at HIV vaccine in setting up a home lab for opioids. He’d be dead by now. He, like the three deceased, is the victim of the epidemic, of the current situation. No need to stigmatize him, we all live in the same reality. Wish him recovery and to develop a good vaccine. And, maybe find a good therapist to work with him for a long time.

That he has an issue, he admitted. I don’t think where the country is standing now, we are in a position to blame anyone of being a substance user. Just pray that our kids and beloved ones don’t fall into the trap.

We and Canada, together, are under a huge attack. Men, able-bodied men, die every day. More than women as I understood yesterday, but women, too, of course. I am liberal and not paranoid, but I think if responsible agencies in the US and Canada and some European countries who have huge traffic but are practicing reasonable approach (the Netherlands, or Norway) can get together and use the experience and the brain power to make a plan for effective harm reduction, it would help.

Until it is done, please, let us invest in home harm reduction. In my house, there are no opiates (lucky genes), but, I bought Narcan from the pharmacy (maybe more expensive, but good quality), and an Ambu bag (from the site, but they have them on Amazon), I have them in my car, and thank you everyone who said about the test strips - I shall spread the knowledge.

Finally - the story of a person who got rich and tried cocaine for the first time during his trip to London. He compared it with “not knowing you are near-sighted, and putting on eyeglasses for the first time”. He was later diagnosed with ADD. Perhaps this victim with long rap sheet but functional and nonviolent, was also self-medicating something never diagnosed? It happens.

RIP all victims, and my condolences to the family.

BBM. I think AM may have rung the doorbell and also knocked. When nobody answered, she made the assumption that nobody was home. That could be why she stayed outside after she found the body. While the men were all friends from high school, JW may not have met AM and that's why he didn't answer the door.

JMO
that was sure ballsy of her to break in to someones home that she had never met. I don't think I would have been able to ever do something like that at a friends home, let alone a strangers home.

that was sure ballsy of her to break in to someones home that she had never met. I don't think I would have been able to ever do something like that at a friends home, let alone a strangers home.
If I was desperate to find my loved one I might. She must have been convinced he was there (or she had exhausted all of her options for where he might be)

If I was desperate to find my loved one I might. She must have been convinced he was there (or she had exhausted all of her options for where he might be)

I think they likely could locate at least one victim phone ("they" meaning the people looking for them). It's likely that they knew exactly where the friends were going that night and certain the 5th guy knew everyone and as posted in a link above, had been in touch with the families/friends and had also texted JW. 5th guy certainly knew where he had last seen those men and he was in contact with AM and others, IMO.

Somewhere, it's stated that she told reporters that she pulled up and "saw the cars" of the victims. So she knew her partner was there.

Perhaps you are right. I would have jumped the can fence before breaking a window, but maybe she was unsuccessful.

I wouldn't be able to jump the fence (I could climb over it from the inside, because the structure of the back of the fence/gate is ladder-like). She must have felt desperate. Also, she likely believed the men were in the house - not in the backyard. A lot of us would consider doing what she did, though, under those circumstances.

And if you believed, in all hope, that they were inside the house, somehow - getting into the backyard would not locate them. I'm an eternal optimist, I would have wanted to believe my guy was okay, just hung over (although at two days past game day...I'm not sure what I would have thought or if I'd be thinking well).

IMO.

Last edited:
I think I would have called police first .. I would have been too scared to break in to someones home that I didn't know. I would have been thinking the homeowner might own a gun. Now if it were my child inside that house, I may think about it. But these were grown men. I just can't wrap my head around the breaking into a so called strangers home without notifying the police. Not trying to victim shame her at all, just saying I don't think I could have made the same moves that she did.

I think I would have called police first .. I would have been too scared to break in to someones home that I didn't know. I would have been thinking the homeowner might own a gun. Now if it were my child inside that house, I may think about it. But these were grown men. I just can't wrap my head around the breaking into a so called strangers home without notifying the police. Not trying to victim shame her at all, just saying I don't think I could have made the same moves that she did.
Do we know from MSM her frame of mind? Lives are complex. Perhaps she had been angry (he didn't come home), then worried he hadn't come home, then annoyed he wasn't responding to her calls. Rather than believing he might be dead in someone's back yard, maybe she thought he turned his phone off because he was involved with someone. Maybe that's why she broke in, expecting to confront him. Regardless, I can't fathom the trauma of discovering him in that state. That's a mental picture that won't go away.

It's all so sad.

Everyone expected to see the next day.

JMO

Last edited:
Honestly, I do not know what I would have done under those circumstances. I think I'd have called the police much earlier even if I was worried I might get my loved one "in trouble." But as @Megnut stated, we don't know what AM thought was going on.

Regardless, I don't think I would have chosen to break in through what was obviously a basement window. Unless there is a peculiar house design difference common to that geographical area, often there is a locked door between the basement and the main house. She couldn't have known there wasn't in this case unless she knew the house and knew the renter's habits. We have no evidence she did, so I don't quite understand why if she was willing to break in, she didn't try to get in through a main floor window on the front of the house.

Plus, IF she did know JW & did know his house, I would have thought she'd have been a bit worried about his pit bulls being there when breaking in. I do not think pitties are especially vicious compared to other dogs but ANY dog is likely to defend her home. And a pair of larger dogs may be hard to deal with. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back