MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly? Did Resident Tell LE or His Family?
@10ofRods posted, in part, from Inside Edition:
"The mother of David Harrington...told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death."

@Cedars Thx for your post. Yep, I'm not buying it either.

But when Inside Ed. "borrowed"(?) info from Fox4, did IE make a booboo? Per Fox4* Jan 12 story w Jan 15 update, the man who answered door for LE later TOLD HIS FAMILY that friends froze to death.

Nothing about man telling LE about frozen CoD.

IF three friends froze to death, (and I don't believe that), the 4th would call 911. Based on resident's statement, and emotional separation from 3 dead friends in back yard, I would imagine he knows what happened. And maybe he has some "issues."

I was toying with a hypothesis. Suppose the guys came over, watched the game, went out back to partake in something that the homes resident did not want in the house or , perhaps, the guys wanted to shield him from? The resident believes that the friends will leave via the gate after doing whatever it is they are doing and heads off to bed. The next morning he discovers the dead friends and panics, with no idea what to do next. This sounds strange and one would think that he would answer texts or answer the door. But, if he is absolutely terrified by the situation? Do we know anything about the homes tenant? Is there a possibility that he may have educational or social issues that could have caused a reaction that most others do not find "normal"? We do not know exactly what his state of mind was when the police arrived. It seems only hearsay at this point ( walking out calmly wearing boxers and carrying a wine glass certainly doesn't paint him in the best light. However, how much of that statement is true?)

The police would know whether or not he met them at the door in boxer shorts. I believe it is true fact.
jmo

Obviously, friends and family are very suspicious of the home owner: I hadn’t realized that there was so much calling, texting, Facebook posting, banging, knocking, busting windows, etc, that went unheeded for days.

This man [redacted] was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long. They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them," wrote Kaylee La Tier on Facebook. "He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday. My husband banged on his door for 20 min. My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?? Then the cops come 10 min later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??!"

Another friend made a similar claim on her Facebook.

"3 men do not just go outside and freeze to death while the owner of the home - their 'friend' stays inside and only when police show up come outside in boxers like you've just been chillin for 2 days while your 3 friends are dead outside," said Lyndsey Rae Baldwin. "Make noise here people - this story is not okay!! He had been contacted for over 24 hours prior about where our friends were - and also their cars still parked at his house - and didn't reply to anyone!"

The mother of David Harrington, Jennifer Marquez, told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death.

“I’m furious. Everybody is furious,” said Marquez. “Nobody believes this story. None of his friends, none of the families, none of us believe.”
And the texts, door knocking, etc., would have alerted him to look outside if he really didn’t know anything. He would have seen there cars, were there, and then looked in the yard. At least that’s what any normal person would do.
It’s almost as though he was purposely letting as much time go by as physically possible. Now why would he do that?

ETA: Is there any drug / substance that would be undetectable after a certain period of time. Any verified pharmacists?

Last edited:
And the texts, door knocking, etc., would have alerted him to look outside if he really didn’t know anything. He would have seen there cars, were there, and then looked in the yard. At least that’s what any normal person would do.
It’s almost as though he was purposely letting as much time go by as physically possible. Now why would he do that?
Agreed.
He was hoping that time would:
1. Lessen evidence
2. Give him time to come up with a plausible explanation

ETA: Is there any drug / substance that would be undetectable after a certain period of time. Any verified pharmacists?
You think it’s all to just muddy the waters?

Obviously, friends and family are very suspicious of the home owner: I hadn’t realized that there was so much calling, texting, Facebook posting, banging, knocking, busting windows, etc, that went unheeded for days.

This man [redacted] was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long. They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them," wrote Kaylee La Tier on Facebook. "He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday. My husband banged on his door for 20 min. My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?? Then the cops come 10 min later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??!"

Another friend made a similar claim on her Facebook.

"3 men do not just go outside and freeze to death while the owner of the home - their 'friend' stays inside and only when police show up come outside in boxers like you've just been chillin for 2 days while your 3 friends are dead outside," said Lyndsey Rae Baldwin. "Make noise here people - this story is not okay!! He had been contacted for over 24 hours prior about where our friends were - and also their cars still parked at his house - and didn't reply to anyone!"

The mother of David Harrington, Jennifer Marquez, told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death.

“I’m furious. Everybody is furious,” said Marquez. “Nobody believes this story. None of his friends, none of the families, none of us believe.”
Not that it matters much at the end of the day. But, I think it was stated that the tenant rented the house six months prior.

Not that it matters much at the end of the day. But, I think it was stated that the tenant rented the house six months prior.
Oh, ok, so he was not the owner.
Still, in these circumstances, as the host of the party and the resident of the home, he would have been liable?
What has the landlord said?

Answering Door to LE. Host in Boxer Shorts?
Were the police quoted? I am not certain that this is the case.

I've not seen LE refer to boxers or wine glass but could have missed it.

The 'boxers & wine glass' reference seems to have sprung from MSM* iiuc, quoting two FB'ers who commented about them. Neither FB'ers' posts (which MSM quoted) claim to have personally witnessed the B & WG.

Kaylee La Tier seems to be a friend of (a friend of?) one of the deceased men. Appears imo, she may have learned of 'boxers & wine glass' from window-breaking fiancee of one of the deceased men.

Lyndsey Rae Baldwin** another FB poster referred to the boxers.

imo
"My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?? Then the cops come 10 min later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??!"

** "their 'friend' stays inside and only when police show up come outside in boxers"

Obviously the autopsy reports and toxicology will determine charges.
If hypothermia, then maybe an accident? If carbon monoxide, perhaps same. If fentanyl then investigation to determine culpability. If blunt force trauma then homicide investigation.

Additionally phone searches, etc will clarify. Was he Googling about drug reactions? Hypothermia, etc……

Possibly Cocaine or Alcohol would be out of ones system in 2-3 days.

sNot investigated as homicide.
Not so far because there are no obvious signs of foul play. Maybe the autopsy and toxicology findings will in fact point to homicide.

But if they find hypothermia, how did it happen?
Would they not have gone inside to get their vehicle keys?
Or to warm up? Something seems off.

What a strange case. I just caught up reading the entire thread.

Since LE is stating no foul play, I think it's possible the resident assumed his friends left, or told them he was going to bed but they were welcome to stay. He may have not looked in his backyard. They could have OD'd, could have fallen asleep (or passed out) and then died from hypothermia.

I'd be more inclined to think the resident was involved in their deaths if they hadn't been friends since school, if they were all new friends it'd seem more suspicious.

I have to admit, when we lived in town I didn't go in the backyard during the winter, there could have been dead bodies back there for months without me realizing it.

What a strange case. I just caught up reading the entire thread.

Since LE is stating no foul play, I think it's possible the resident assumed his friends left, or told them he was going to bed but they were welcome to stay. He may have not looked in his backyard. They could have OD'd, could have fallen asleep (or passed out) and then died from hypothermia.

I'd be more inclined to think the resident was involved in their deaths if they hadn't been friends since school, if they were all new friends it'd seem more suspicious.

I have to admit, when we lived in town I didn't go in the backyard during the winter, there could have been dead bodies back there for months without me realizing it.
But what about all the phone calls and messages? Pounding on the door for 20 minutes at a time? Desperate Facebook messages viewed and ignored?

Cause of death by hypothermia or accidental drug overdose are clearly likely possibilities. I just don't understand the behavior of the resident. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he thought his friends had left and was unable see any of the bodies or any of the cars from inside the residence, why didn't he respond to a single one of these contact attempts with, "Hey sorry... when I woke up Monday morning they had already left and I haven't seen or heard from them since." Unless he knew they were dead. And then how he knew and why he didn't notify anyone become very important questions.

But what about all the phone calls and messages? Pounding on the door for 20 minutes at a time? Desperate Facebook messages viewed and ignored?

Cause of death by hypothermia or accidental drug overdose are clearly likely possibilities. I just don't understand the behavior of the resident. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he thought his friends had left and was unable see any of the bodies or any of the cars from inside the residence, why didn't he respond to a single one of these contact attempts with, "Hey sorry... when I woke up Monday morning they had already left and I haven't seen or heard from them since." Unless he knew they were dead. And then how he knew and why he didn't notify anyone become very important questions.
My thoughts, too. Otherwise he could have replied , Hey, they left when I went to bed Sunday. Are you saying they didn’t get home yet?
His silence was what alarmed them. Like the Laundries with Gabby Petito’s parents.

That's a lot harder to explain. Presumably these people calling and messaging him were friends of his, if they had his number to call and message, then he would have their info in his phone, which seems like then he should have answered his phone/messages.

None of it really makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member